Cover Image: The Innkeeper's Bride

The Innkeeper's Bride

An interesting book by an excellent author.
I would recommend this book.
Thanks to the publisher and Net Galley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review
I was so happy to see Selah get her own happy ending! She was a complicated character in the previous books in the series, so it was nice to learn more about her past and understand her struggle with depression. I enjoyed the cast of characters which included Levi's family, Selah's friends and family, and a non-Amish guest at the inn with secrets of his own. I thought the plot was interesting and added another dimension to the story when it delved into the father-son relationship of Jackson, the guest, and his father who owns a local motel and feels threatened by the new Amish inn. We also see the elderly couple, Cevilla and Richard, hit some rocky spots along their relationship journey. Levi is such a likeable guy, and even though he and Selah have their own ups and downs, their friendship was wonderful and naturally blossomed into more. This has been a delightful series with fun characters and a heart-warming community.

(I received a complimentary copy of the book; all opinions in this review are my own)
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Zondervan through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

Although The Innkeeper's Bride by Kathleen Fuller is #3 in the series Amish Brides of Birch Creek, it can easily be read as a standalone. This is the first book I have read by this author, and I appreciate her writing style.
This is a clean sweet Amish romance story with humour and drama and several story lines, which make it interesting and intriguing. We see various aspects of the thriving Amish community of Birch Creek, including daily life in the Amish household. The story deals with some serious issues, including depression, alcoholism, and verbal and emotional abuse.
Kathleen Fuller has realistic memorable characters with strengths and weaknesses, fears and dreams. My favourite characters were Levi, Selah, Jackson and octogenarians Richard and Cevilla. I enjoyed reading this heartwarming book and highly recommend it to readers of Amish fiction.
Thanks to Kathleen Fuller for writing The Innkeeper's Bride and thanks to Zondervan and NetGalley for a complimentary digital ARC of this book. 4.5 stars

#TheInnkeepersBride #NetGalley

April 27, 2020 posted on NetGalley, Goodreads, Savvy Reader, Twitter
It's always a pleasure to return to Birch Creek and I had been looking  forward to The Innkeepers Bride.  While it was certainly enjoyable and had some parts that I really liked, I just didn't care for Sela Ropp at first but I soon warmed up to her.
I loved the premise, I thought Levi was a wonderful man and gradually became more interested in the novel.

If you are a fan of Amish fiction you will want to read this one because it does get better and more interesting after a few chapters.
I received a copy from the publisher through Netgalley.  All opinions are completely my own.
"Life never goes like we plan. God usually has something better in store for us even if we don't know we needed or wanted it."

The Innkeeper's Bride is filled with wonderful characters and intriguing situations and even though it is the third book in a series, I never felt in the dark because I hadn't read the first book. I first met Cevilla Schlabach and Richard Johnson in Kathleen Fuller's novella A Chance to Remember so I am thrilled to see that the friendship of their youth has deepened into love. Cevilla has always maintained that she is content to be single and devote her love to Jesus Christ but now, she finds herself wondering if Richard might ask her to be his wife. Her patience begins to wear thin as she waits to see if Richard can adapt to her way of life; will he finally make Cevilla a married woman?

Selah Ropp has recently moved back to Birch Creek and she now has a new job and new friends but she finds herself doubting her abiltiy to deal with these situations. Depression and anxiety issues have plagued Selah in the past and they cause her to second guess her abilities and even the thoughts and motives of those around her. It doesn't help that one of her new employers seems determined to play matchmaker and that the other person involved is also her employer. Levi Stoll is stubborn and he claims indifference but I really liked him and his positive outlook.  Is it possible that his good nature might help Selah adjust to her new life in Birch Creek, Ohio?

This is such a heartwarming story and there are many other characters who add fun and interest to The Innkeeper's Bride. Cevilla and  Delilah Stoll both like to play matchmaker and even though their matches often work, they aren't without drama....and laughter! There are also many examples of misunderstandings due to a failure to communicate and  those pesky reminders that often pop up out of nowhere. Past hurts truly can affect our present happiness and tarnish our plans for the future and this is when we need God's grace to get us through!

Author Kathleen Fuller always makes me feel as if I am right there with her characters and this book is certainly no different. You will definitely want to read The Innkeeper's Bride if you enjoy Amish fiction and Christian romance filled with family, faith, and hope.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author via NetGalley but I was under no obligation to write a positive review. These are my own thoughts.
How often do you look for a book that will take you to another place and you can enjoy a mini getaway. Visit this Amish Inn and you will meet Levi and Selah and their friends in Birch Creek. Truly made me happy to read. This book is a happy book to read, the characters become friends and you are apart of the journey. Happy Reading
This book was a delight to read.  Selah and Levi are immediately attracted to each other.  However, they each believe they have valid reasons for wanting to remain single, and so their road to romance is a very rocky one of their own making.  But they don’t take into account the two senior citizens, noted matchmakers in the community, who are determined that Selah and Levi should marry.  Their efforts are not always successful, in fact, they sometimes make things worse.  This is a lovely story of friends and family who support each other through all circumstances.  I was encouraged to have faith in God and trust Him for guidance when things seem to be at their lowest point.

One other thing of note:  In this story, Selah suffers from clinical depression.  She takes medication for it and is seeing a counselor for help.  Some situations are not always easy for Selah to emotionally handle well.   I appreciated how the author shows compassion for Selah and never condemns her for this.  May we always be of comfort to others in the way that Selah’s family and friends were to her.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.
This book was a sweet, funny, and loving addition to Kathleen Fuller's works! I loved the comradery in this book as well as the other books in this series. Kathleen Fuller brings love in many ways in this wonderfully written book. Friendship, romantic, family, and just plain old love are present! You will laugh and cry all in one chapter! This is a wonderful book and I will read it again!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for my honest opinion.
Birch Creek has taught me, it's that you don't have to do it alone.

I love the character's of Birch Creek as they are spunky, caring, and with an honest faith. Levi and his family moved into Birch Creek in the previous book and they have much to offer to their new community. Delilah his grandmother has no filter and is determined to find a good spouse for her grandchildren Levi and his sister. She sees sparks fly in Selah. Selah is a new member of the Amish community in Birch Creek. She is now living with her brother and sister-in-law. Their story is in book 2. Selah is overcoming depression and self-worth. She desires to move into her own home and not ever marry. She has this overwhelming need to do life alone. She realizes that she needs a job and applies at Levi's family Inn that they will be soon opening. The attraction between the two is sweet and awkward however, they both see something in the other but as always, misunderstandings arise. Selah finds a family that she never had in community.

Selah's struggle with depression is the driving force and Levi's attempt to help her gives the reader hope. Community plays a big part in the English and Amish way of life which I also find appealing. With several stories going, Jackson a Englisher that is sent by his father who owns a hotel nearby to wreak havoc for Levi's family attempt to get the Amish Inn going. Delilah's friendship with Cevilla who is has lived in Birch Creek has a single woman for over 70 years and now is rekindling a relationship from her English past. The relationships gives the InnKeeper's Bride spunk and spark! I loved it.

A Special Thank you to Zondervan and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
In “The Innkeeper’s Bride,” Selah finds a job at the Stoll Inn, a newly opened Amish inn run by the Stoll family. She tries to deny her attraction to Levi Stoll, while at the same time keep her job and control her runaway emotions. Levi and Selah receive some matchmaking help from two elderly women in the Amish community. Elders Cevilla and Richard are attracted to each other, but conflicts with family members threaten their relationship. These situations form the core themes of this novel. Additional themes include dealing with clinical depression, desiring independence, and incorporating modern values while maintaining Amish cultural traditions.

The plot of this clean Christian novel moves along well and maintains reader interest throughout. The Godly message is clear, but not preachy. Characters are portrayed as flawed humans, who seek to maintain their relationships while incorporating their faith and value system. Readers will discover that miracles happen! The ending provides a fine set-up for the next novel in the series. This is the third book in a series, although it can be read as a stand-alone.

I received this novel from the publisher and from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own.
The new Amish inn at Birch Creek is about ready to open, and the Stolls face several challenges as they work toward its launch, including the competition, who doesn’t want them to take away from his business. The Stolls hire a returning prodigal, Selah Ropp, who is determined to do things right. But the matchmakers are at work, interfering with the young couples’ lives. However, Cevilla may have found her own match as her ongoing relationship with her Englisch neighbor turns more serious. The story has plenty of problems and opportunities for growth as we enjoy spending time among the characters, who seem so real. I got a copy from the publisher through Netgalley. All opinions are my own.
Two beautiful love stories.  Young and Old.
I enjoyed the whole book of The Innkeeper's Bride very much.

The Innkeeper's Bride can be read as a stand alone.
Highly recommend reading it.  You won't be disappointed.

Look forward to reading more books by Kathleen Fuller in the future.

I received a free copy from NetGalley with no money exchange only an honest review. This is my honest review in my own words.
This title of this book suggests a lighthearted Amish romance and nothing could be further from the truth. While I found many of the Amish characters to be delightful and filled with kindness, others were quick to anger and so argumentative that I found it a challenge to finish the book so that I could review it. I don’t recall ever having such a strong negative reaction to characters in Amish fiction and while they all eventually work out their problems I really disliked the repetitious anger and negativity. The author featured one character with anxiety and depression and I truly wish she had spent less time with arguments and more time exploring these two topics in her story. Less anger would have left more time for the lighthearted Amish romance I was expecting. I read a complimentary copy of this book from Zondervan Publishing through NetGalley and all opinions expressed in my voluntary review are completely my own.
Love this book ! It was so different from any other Amish book. There is depression but can love overcome it ?? Kathleen’s fuller make a remarkable story of faith, love and happiness !
enjoyed this new book in the series. Selah and Levi are believable characters with personal reasons for staying single. I can feel a connection with the young Amish woman as I know what it is like to have anxiety. Levi is devoted to his family and making the inn a success which is something that can take over life, trying to survive with a new business. Cecilia and Delilah, two older Amish women are in a matchmaking mood but challenge one another to stay out of other people's business. This leads to some comical activity in a well written story that was hard to put down.
I like the characters in the story. It is a fun read, not overly Amish-religious, just nice everyday life and most of the characters happen to be Amish. It is a stand-alone book if you haven't read the others in the series yet.
My thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my advanced copy of the book. It is an excellent read for Valentine's Day.
When Kathleen Fuller’s latest Amish book popped up, I knew it would shoot to the top of my to-be-read list. Apparently, it’s the third book in the Brides of Birch Creek series, but I didn’t know that when I read it, and it can definitely be read as a stand-alone.

So, without further throat-clearing, here are my five reasons to read The Innkeeper’s Bride ~

The hero has glasses. Too many heroes are achingly handsome with chiseled good looks, and too many heroines are gorgeous with flowing blonde hair. It endears a hero or heroine to me when the person isn’t perfect. Romance isn’t just for those our culture says have the perfect appearance. This hero has glasses, and the heroine thinks he’s cute.

Grumpy grandmothers. Well, one isn’t a grandmother, but she’s old enough. What makes this fun is that they grouch at each other. Each is right…and each is wrong at times. But it’s two women, set in their own ways, trying to forge a relationship under some difficult circumstances. It’s a realistic but humorous view of the difficulties – and rewards – of friendships at any age.

A subplot romance between octogenarians. Romance isn’t just for those in their twenties. And those who are grandparents have additional concerns with a new relationship...their grown children and grandchildren who may or may not approve. Kathleen Fuller handles this well.

Snowed in. I love winter weather! Bundling up in hats and scarves and mittens, making hot chocolate, digging out from several inches of snow…how romantic!

An Englischer who does the right thing. Another subplot involves the Englisch son of a rival hotel owner. My first impression of the son was not a good one, and I worried over what he was going to do. He’s smart and educated, and in the end, though, I wished there had been more of him in the book. I wonder if he might get his own book in the series in the future?

Overall, The Innkeeper’s Bride was a gentle, relaxing read with just enough intrigue to keep me interested. I thoroughly enjoyed this little bit of Amish country and wished for a room for myself at the inn.
The Innkeeper’s Bride by Kathleen Fuller is the third novel The Amish Brides of Birch Creek.  It can be read on its own if you have not read The Teacher’s Bride and The Farmer’s Bride.  I found The Innkeeper’s Bride to be well-written with realistic characters.  I liked that the characters had their own struggles, doubts and fears.  Selah suffers from clinical depression which is not uncommon.  Depression is hard to understand unless you suffer from it yourself.  Selah feels ashamed that that she has depression and needs the aid of medication and a health professional.  She also made a mistake with a man and does not want the unfortunate incident brought to light.  Levi has his own doubts and has made mistakes in the past.  He wonders if working at the inn is the right job for him.  Levi would like to get to know Selah better, but he does not want his family to know.  His sister, Nina will tease him and his grandmother, Delilah will meddle.  Cevilla Schlabach has tried to be patient while she has waited for Richard to make a life changing decision.  Unfortunately, after spending her whole adult life single, Cevilla finds she is no longer content.  Cevilla is afraid to tell Richard how she feels.  I love the relationship between Richard and Cevilla.  They are an adorable couple.  I have enjoyed their relationship.  Cevilla and Delilah have become friends (of sort).  Delilah has been doing a little meddling and barges in on Cevilla to get her feedback as well as complain when things do not go as she expected.  There are some humorous moments between the two of them and I like their conspiring.  Jackson Talbot and his father, Trevor are in The Innkeeper’s Bride.  Trevor Talbot owns the Stay Inn which has been the only place to stay in Birch Creek until now.  He does not like this new competition and sends Jackson to get intel on the Stoll Inn.  I like Jackson and his journey.  I would like to see more of Jackson.  I enjoyed reading The Innkeeper’s Bride in which the author gave us delightful characters and a beautiful setting along with faith and humor.  I like how Kathleen Fuller incorporate faith into the story.  I am hoping that we get Nina Stoll’s story next time.  The Innkeeper’s Bride is a charming, witty tale (of course, I expect nothing less from Kathleen Fuller).

Levi had never met a stranger. Selah(I love her name) was still reeling from the past.
Reading, I pitied her and at the same time admired the fact that she decided to move forward and make a new life for herself.

Both of them were trying to recover and overcome their past. Levi by running the Inn which he loves dearly and Selah by trying to take responsibility for herself and actions.

Their story will intrigue you and make you laugh when you read the parts of the matchmaking by Levi's grandmother.
Birch Creek brought to them what they needed and more. Love always wins.

I received a copy of the book from Netgalley and this is my honest opinion.
Kathleen's books always makes me feel warm and happy after I've finished one of her books and this one is no exception!!
I'm so glad Selah gets her own story in this one! She's in the other two books but as a supporting character.
Fuller does a great job with Selah and her issues.
I'm happy to see that Cevilla is still around. She's always been my favorite! In a way, she reminds me a little bit of Anna in Jennifer Beckstrands Huckleberry series.
Richard is a wonderful guy! I'd love to have them as my grandparents. But, something is holding him back. The way I see it they are both adults and they should only allow God to work in their lives. If it's meant to be then it will happen.
You've got to love Deliah as well. She's Levi's mom.
She also manages to give us a few laughs as well.
She wants what is best for her family. But, sometimes it's best to leave alone and let God do His work as He sees it. If He wills it then it will happen. Too often people want to do things their own way and leave God out of it and that is why things go awry.
There are some lovely messages in this book.
This is why I love reading Amish books. The Amish are flawed just like we English. But I still think we can learn some of their ways. It's good to be a community. I like the way they help each other out and always there to lend a helping hand as we read in this book.
I love that this is one of those books that makes you eagerly turning the pages to see what is going to happen to Selah and Levi. They run into many interesting things along the way that's for sure.
Will they end up being a couple before the end of the story? Will Richard and Cevilla?
Y'all, I encourage you to pick up a copy of this book to find out.
Well, I'd better close out before I say too much!!
My thanks to Netgalley. NO compensations were received and all opinions are my own
Author Kathleen Fuller takes us back to Birch Creek in the third book of the Amish Brides of Birch Creek series. Don’t worry, you can read this as a standalone, however if you enjoy Amish fiction you’ll want to read books 1 & 2, I promise!

The characters are well developed and interesting, pulling the reader into the story. Fuller tackles some tough subjects, but does it gracefully and it’s not overwhelming. And with two matchmaking Mammis, there is a lot of fun to be had. Include a charming romance and there is something in this book for everyone!

I received a complimentary copy of this book but was not required to leave a review.