101 Quilting Tips and Tricks Pocket Guide

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 22 Jan 2020

First I am  disturb that the author may have used a image not hers – but maybe that just a mistake with publisher . If you check Amazon this is what everyone is talking about first rather than the book. Which takes away the books information value.

I loved all the tips given in the book , she covered ways to organize your sewing room, mentioned several tips for scrap quilting, talked about ways to use the quilts other than as a bed quilt, ways to highlight quilt blocks in decorating, and a couple of ideas for gifts. All that I found useful because sometimes you just don’t have time to make a whole quilt.
The title says it all.  101 Quilting Tips and Tricks Pocket Guide is just that.  It is a small book that includes tips and tricks for the beginning quilter.  It is not a step-by-step instruction book nor it is a book that will help you master the art of quilting.  Rather, it is a handy guide to help the beginner quilter with organizing the work space, choosing materials and patterns, and all sorts of tips and tricks related to equipment and shortcuts.  It is definitely a book for beginners, and a more advanced quilter would probably not glean much new information from this book.

This would be a great gift for someone who is just beginning to learn how to quilt.  It is easy to read, has some pretty cool suggestions and colorful photographs, and it will help the beginner feel more confident.  Kudos to Ms Haren.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing a copy of this book for review.
This book contains 101 short, clear, concise, and helpful tips and tricks. While these are absolutely wonderful for those new to quilting, I imagine there are some that even seasoned quilters will say, “Now why didn't I think of that!” I think I will regularly be referring back to this pocket guide, and am grateful to have received it from Landauer Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review, and received no monetary compensation.
Nonfiction | Adult
As a new quilter, I’m a sucker for anything that might make my creations better. Everyone else in my guild (that’s a fancy word for a very supportive club) is cleaning out their magazines and books, and I’m scooping them up by the armful. This little guide (it numbers just 48 pages) offers great advice for the beginner, on everything from organizing your space, essential tools like rulers and quilting needles, to time-saving cutting tips and how to choose patterns and blocks. There are two or three tips to a page, so they are short entries, nicely organized by topic, and logically in order from getting started to binding the finished project.
I was surprised that after just a couple of years, most of these I already know, so this really is aimed at the new quilter/beginning sewer. Still, at just $10, it’s a pretty handy little pocket guide and I did find a few things that will be useful. No index, but the table of contents makes it pretty easy to find tips you know are there somewhere. My thanks to Landauer Publishing for the digital reading copy provided through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
More discussion and reviews of this title: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44061668
101 Quilting Tips and Tricks Pocket Guide is full of so many good tips and tricks for quilting and what types of fabrics and tools work best.
Honestly Tried really hard but I can not learn things by reading books I need a teacher lol
But that is not the authors fault
My grandmother was the craft queen in our family. She would knit and sew, and quilt. She had a weaving loom the size of my dining room. She has a ceramics studio up in the attic. She painted. And when my uncle learned how to make stained glass, she did that too. I have fond memories of Mamoo taking me to the yarn store (because she used to take me to Toys-R-Us afterward). She left this world too soon but I always have fond memories of crafting all sorts of things. All the women of my family still do some of those crafts but I always feel the loss of such a wonderful font of knowledge when I'm working on a project and wonder if there's an easier way.

This book is a wonderful collection of tips and tricks associated with quilting. The ones I know, I wholeheartedly agree with and those I've never heard of, I am eager to use on my next quilting project!

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.*
This is a great starter book for anyone who is beginning quilting and would like some easy tips and tricks to make your life easier. I really liked the emphasis on bias binding, and wished I would've read this before binding my last quilt. Lol. There aren't any patterns or specific project ideas, but rather places a lot of emphasis on how you can use up a lot of your scrap materials and threads. I like this because it will save you money and hassle.
DISCLAIMER:  I was provided with a digital copy of this book by NetGallery, in exchange for a fair and honest review.

DO NOT even bother with this unless you are just ready to part with your money or have absolutely no experience with sewing.  One of the tips was to have extra cutting blades on hand.  DUH!  Another was to make pillowcases to match your quilt.

Come on....those aren't really tips and tricks. They are common sense.

I am sorry NetGallery, but this was a waste of my time.
Simple tips for the quilters of the world. Both novices and experts. This guide covers everything from bias strips to fabric picking and storage. Contains photos for the visual learners but not every tip has a photo. Easy to follow.
This book is for the beginning quilter and even at that some of the tips and tricks are questionable.  I was disappointed with this guide.  I was truly surprised with the lack of organization and misinformation.  I don't believe I have ever rated a book this low.

I would like to thank the publisher, author and NeGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This book is a great companion to have in your sewing room! I am a quilter and I learned some new tips and tricks by reading this.  I wish I had this when I was a beginner quilter.
Many thanks to Fox Chapel Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
#101QuiltingTipsTricksPocketGuide #NetGalley

This book is a really great tool for any level of person sewing. It also has some wonderful time and monetary saving techniques. I really liked how it is simple, well thought out and doesn't dwell on insignificant items or ideas or give you an entire back story that is irrelevant. This book is straight to the point, helpful and a great guide. I would recommend a dictionary or the electronic version as there were some words I was unfamiliar with since my skill level is new to intermediate.

Thank you to NetGalley and the Publisher for an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.
This is a fun reference book! Some of it was a little over my head because I’m really new into quilting but I’m going to be sharing some of the info with my sewing group at our local library!
If you're looking for detailed and complex quilting tips then this isn't the book for you. This is a pocket size book which bite sized tips and tricks related to different quilting related themes such as organising your sewing space, choosing fabric, notions, binding, decorating and more. It is a cute book which would make a great stocking filler but it doesn't have any depth to it.
I kind of felt a litttte mislead, thinking it would be an instructional book (as I am a beginner), so just know that the title is quite literally what you get! But it’s a handy little guide, and I’m excited to implement more from it ! ^_^
This book is quite literally what its title announces: a list of 101 tips for quilting. It is not an instructional guide, so beginners should be aware that it will serve as a complement to more didactic books, but not as a comprehensive source. For more experienced quilters, I'm sure this book will be a welcome source of fresh ideas on how to improve and streamline their process.

Thanks to NetGalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

The ultimate pocket guide to quilting by nationally-known quilting authority Penny Haren, this book is packed with expert tips and tricks on equipment, short cuts, organization, colour, patterns, machine quilting, and more! Providing 101 great tips for beginning quilters but also filled with new information for experienced quilters, there are tricks for everyone to try!

This is a handy little book to have with you when you quilt - it is apparently pocket size (I got a digital version) and I can see it being in the sewing room of anyone wanting to quilt. It covers EVERYTHING from A-Z and it is just a great companion to have on hand. Is it basic? Yes --- but what do you expect for under $10? QUilting books can easily go into the $50-75 range so this is a great little inexpensive helper!

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "Social Influencer Millennials" on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵
I’ve been quilting for several years, but I’ve learned, you never know everything when it comes to quilting.

This pocket guide had several useful tips; a few of them even new to me.  The tip about marking your machine was genius. A few of the other tips I found interesting was how to extend the life of your cutting mat, pinning layers to cut, and how to stop distorting and stretching on strips.  Those were all new tips to me.  The rest of the book was information I was already familiar with, but I’m sure there are plenty of tips in the book that some quilter’s are not familiar with.

In addition to tips, she covered ways to organize your sewing room, mentioned several tips for scrap quilting, talked about ways to use the quilts other than as a bed quilt, ways to highlight quilt blocks in decorating, and a couple of ideas for gifts.

I would definitely recommend this book to a new quilter.  An experienced quilter would have to skim through it and decide if there were enough new tips to justify the cost of the book.

Thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to review this 3 star book.
I reviewed a kindle copy of 101 quilting tips & tricks pocket guide.  It really is jam packed with tips and tricks that will making your work space easier to navigate and tips to save money too.  A really very useful pocket guide that I will be buying when it is released.