Cover Image: Love Her or Lose Her

Love Her or Lose Her

I have really started to enjoy more adult romance! So I decided to try Tessa Bailey's books! I was not a huge fan of the first books in this series however, I enjoyed this one a lot more!
I loved the book and would rec it anyone who wanted a wonderful second chance romance to read.  I didn't connect with the characters as much as I usually do with Tessa Bailey's but I still loved the book.  It was well written and the trials that these two go through really do make you see that marriage needs that TLC and spark just like dating.  Dom finds this out when Rosie leaves him and he has to win her back.  This one has heart-wrenching moments and rolling-on-the-floor-laughing moments; so a little bit of something for everyone.  Pick it up and read it for the Just Us League part if nothing else.
I loved the characters and the storyline development of this book. It was absolutely one of my favorites so far and I can't wait to delve in to the next one that this author writes. The storyline was simple, enjoyable, and entertaining.
I found this book to be a bit boring. The sex seemed to be all the couple had going for them. At one point I just wanted them to make up their minds. Like the title said Love her or Lose Her!
Oh how I loved this book. Rosie and Dominic Vega were high school sweet hearts, but as adults the distance between them seems to grow more every day. When Rosie decides she's had enough, Dom makes it clear he's willing to do anything to win her back, and into couple's therapy they go.

Dom is completely, ridiculously, utterly GONE for Rosie. He wants nothing more than to take care of her, and doesn't believe he should get credit for doing it, which results in him secretly performing acts of kindness that she's unaware of. He realizes that he's been going about this all wrong, and must find a way to better communicate how much she means to him. Between his dirty talk and devotion to Rosie, I couldn't get enough of Dom.

Meanwhile, Rosie has a vision for her future that she's tired of hiding. I love a heroine who finds the strength to stand up for what she's worth, especially when it means leaving a hero because she knows she deserves better. You get the sense that with or without him, Rosie is going to be okay, and I love seeing that in a romance heroine.

Packed with humor, angst, and the trademark Tessa Bailey heat, this book won me over so completely. I particularly enjoyed the deep dive into love languages and how both Rosie and Dom needed to learn how the other best expressed love and the way they liked to receive it. There were such excellent moments of them both realizing how they've failed themselves and each other, and the choice to try harder and find their way back to each other was really powerful. I cannot wait to pick up the next book in this series!
After seven chapters, I just cannot continue to read LOVE HER OR LOSE HER. Unfortunately, this is a DNF. I realize by the end Dom would have shown growth and his and Rosie’s marriage would be stronger. I just don’t care enough.. I'm not feeling any chemistry between them. Dom’s dialogue and actions are gross. Too much misogyny for my liking.
I always appreciate love stories where the couple already know one another, or stories where spouses who have drifted apart come back again. Rosie and Dom are high school sweethearts whose physical passion has never waned, but who barely exist to each other in other ways. Enter the quirky therapist to see if this marriage can be saved.

Dom is a textbook alpha male, and some of his "protective" instincts feel like in another story they would be warning signs. There is a LOT of explicit sex with dirty talk between husband and wife, so much that I actually skipped ahead during a few scenes.

I really want to eat Rosie's cooking. Her food sounds unbelievably delicious.

Received a review copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I have a lot of thoughts about this book. The first time I read it, I was having issues because of the sexist way the husband acted. However, I was approved for the latest Tessa Bailey that publishes next year and wanted to try again. I thought audio would be the best way to go, and it was. I was able to finish the book with the audio, but I am not sure what to fully think.

Rosie and Dominic have history, but it has been destroyed by their lack of communication. She has had enough and leaves. He is angry but wants to still be with her. They go to therapy and have to work on their marriage. Second chance romance, sometimes a good trope. It worked pretty well in this book. I could buy their history and connection, it was believable.

What I liked about this book: the women friend group. They were great and supportive. Books need more things like this. I liked that Rosie knew her value. Um, I also liked that Rosie was inspired by her mom. These were great moments in the books.

What I did not like: Dominic in general... he was just kind of gross and I did not like him as the love interest... all of the gross nicknames he called her... I just did not like Dominic and thought he was cringe worthy the whole time. I know this may seem like I should have rated the book lower since he is so important, but hear me out.

This book has great bones. Rosie is awesome. So are her friends. The overall storyline of fixing the marriage is fab. The therapist was great. Her dream of opening a restaurant was admirable. All of the basic aspects of the story were phenomenal and made up for the fact that Dominic exists.

This book is steamy and would have been great had it not been Dominic. He just ruined it and made me go ew every time.

This is honestly a great book minus the love interest. I really do enjoy Tessa Bailey now and look forward to more of her books in the future.
FULL REVIEW ON FRESH FICTION
LOVE HER OR LOSE HER by Tessa Bailey is an emotional second-chance/marriage-in-trouble romance. Everyone around Rosie and Dominic assumes things are fine between them, even though it has been literal years since they’ve had a meaningful conversation. Between Dom’s deployment, Rosie’s suppressed restaurant dreams, and not only growing up but also apart, the Vegas have a lot of soul-searching to do. Rosie turns to the women of the “Just Us League” for support and as recipe taste-testers, discovering much needed female friendship, which helps in her own self-awareness and growth. And while Dom does have his co-workers to vent his frustrations to, his journey is mostly solitary, as he learns how he needs to change to be the man his wife deserves. The side characters of LOVE HER OR LOSE HER are mainly there for comic relief; Georgie and Travis from the first Hot & Hammered book are engaged and planning their wedding, and Rosie’s new BFF Bethany is clearly going to end up with new guy-on-the-job Wes in the next book based on their immediate “enemies-to-lovers” banter. As expected in a Tessa Bailey novel, the love scenes are fraught with tension, full of dirty talk, and scorchingly hot.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for my copy of Love Her or Lose Her by Tessa Bailey. All opinions are my own.

I have to be honest... I didn't finish this one. I loved the first book in the series so I was extremely disappointed when I couldn't get into this. Part of my reasoning was that it was extremely steamy... not only steamy, but steamy within a seemingly toxic relationship. Maybe it got better as the story went on, but I wasn't a fan of what I read at first.
This is my first Tessa Bailey book and I'll for sure be back. It was definitely steamy. Much steamier than I anticipated. I enjoyed the cast of characters for sure. I wish that Dominic's military background had been explored a little more. Overall, a steamy quick read.
A true second chance romance! Love Her or Lose Her is guaranteed to captivate you from the start, make sure to clear your schedule until you finish the book. I can't remember the last time I read a story with the main characters starting out together, but my heart sure enjoyed their journey back to themselves and each other. A wonderful addition to the Hot & Hammered series, this is a definite must read in my book!
This was an ok romance. I liked it better than her other novels, but it still was a big exaggerated for my taste. I wish there had been more substance.
Love Her or Lose her is a phenomenal read. I was sucked in right at the get go, and the chemistry between the characters was like an addiction. I reccomend this book to anyone who wants some heartwarming romance in their life.
Since I've been married for 30 years, it was great to journey with Rosie and Dom. Marriage is hard work and communication is the key. This book has it all including great friends, laughter and love. Thank you Tessa Bailey and I love visiting Port Jefferson.
Love Her or Lose Her continues the story of the Hot and Hammered Series.  I am enjoying the series, but this one isn't as funny as the first story.  I am looking forward to Tools of Engagement as Tessa Bailey has given us a taste of the new story line and characters.
I had heard some great things about Tessa Bailey and LOVE HER OR LOSE HER from fellow reviewers, so I thought I'd give her another try. I had previously tried to read FIX HER UP, but ended up DNFing it after 100 pages.

Unfortunately, I think perhaps I'm just not the right reader for Bailey's books. I know she has a ton of fans and readers who love her work. I think this is a case of not being a good fit with the writer. I'm not a particular fan of alpha males, and from what I can tell Bailey writes a lot of alpha males. I was really interested in reading LOVE HER OR LOSE HER because I loved what I saw of Rosie and Dominic in FIX HER UP.

All that said, I know there will be many fans of this book, sadly it just wasn't for me.
4  Stars - I recommend if you enjoy contemporary romance with quite a bit of steam.

I loved continuing the story of all the folks in Port Jefferson. I really enjoyed Rosie and Dominic's relationship and how it progressed. As someone who married my high school sweetheart, it was touching and special to read about a couple that was already married, and had so many memories together. Not everyone gets to grow up with their spouse, I enjoyed seeing that translated onto the page. I very much liked how the characters had to overcome their fears and get out of their comfort zones to save their marriage. As always, Bailey is the Queen of Dirty Talk, and it was evident in this book, the steamy scenes were super steamy, but it was also a little bit slow burn. The only thing I didn't love was how much emphasis was put on the love languages. I know it's important to the plot, and generally helpful in marriage, but it was mentioned quite a bit in this book. Overall I enjoyed this book quite a bit!
Absolutely one of the best contemporary romance novels I've read in recent memory. I completely loved Dom...his quiet, protective sensitivity. Maybe one of the best book boyfriends around right now.

I haven't written my review for my website or Amazon/Goodreads yet, but plan to do so this next week. I just wanted to provide feedback and offer my appreciation to the publisher for the ARC. If I'm honest, the truth is I forgot I'd been approved for an ARC and bought a copy after release. But I still appreciate the ARC and am excited to read more by this author.

Thank you!
This book was very disappointing to me. I wanted to love it, but I didn’t like it. There were just too many over the top sex scenes in this book that it was really uncomfortable reading it. Like, give me a break. It was very cringey! The author also used way too many vulgar words, and that’s just not my thing. I also didn’t like some of the language usage in this book. For example, “I devoured that mouth...”

I didn’t like the main characters at all. Rosie felt like a selfish, self-centered and judgemental person. She’s very immature for giving up way too easy in their marriage. Dominic was just over possesive and why does he call his wife “honey girl” the entire book? I can’t with this pet name.

Overall, I wish I saw more of their deeper connection to each other than just physical reaction. Very unrealistic for me.