Cover Image: My Way To You

My Way To You

4 Stormy Stars!

Parker was 24 when her parents were killed and she was left to raise her younger sister and brother. Two years later they are living in the family home when a wildfire burns all around their house. The only reason their house didn’t burn was all the preparations that Parker took. But winter is coming soon and the winters in California mean rain ... and that spells disaster for the valley they live in. Colin is the new supervisor for the Public Works Department and is assigned the task of damage control, so that when the floods invaded the valley they would do minimal damage. Neither Parker or Colin expected the air to charge between them. All Colin wanted to do was protect Parker, but she was so used to doing everything herself that she had a hard time letting Colin in.

I felt like I was right there with Parker and Colin fighting to save her home from the rain, mud, boulders and flash floods. Even though there was some romance and steam in this book, it took second seat to the drama of the natural disasters. The characters were well thought out and hopefully they’ll all get their own story. Next up is Erin and Matt’s story and I can’t wait.

I received an early copy courtesy of Montlake Romance through NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.
My Way to You is a wonderful new series from Catherine Bybee. The book starts out with a family going through a terrible tragedy followed by some huge obstacles to endure and overcome. They make it through stronger and happy. I’ve never considered what a family goes through after wildfires and mudslides but I now have a very good understanding and totally feel for them.
Absolutely riveting depiction of the devastation endured by first wild fire and then extreme floods. There is also a well crafted human story filled with both love and heartache. I could not put this book down until I got near the end, then I paused for a bit not wanting it to end.
Knowing this is a work of fiction based on real life events the author endured make this an amazing story. Read it, well worth your time.
Fabulous start to this new series! Parker has been taking care of her siblings and their house since her parents tragically died in an accident. Wildfires ravaged the area, but spared their home. Faced with the potential of mudslides if rain comes, the county comes in to help prevent that. Enter Colin - immediately fascinated with the feisty homeowner.

Knowing the fire and mud aspect of this story is based on Bybee’s real life experiences gives me a great amount of respect for both her and the power of Mother Nature. The romance was great as always and I loved the family aspect - Parker’s relationship with her siblings, Colin’s closeness with his family and how the two weave together. The book read for me like a favorite Nora Roberts saga - a sweeping and epic saga that sucks you in! The biggest and best difference being we will get to see more of these characters as the series continues. Fingers crossed Erin and Matt are next!

Thanks to both the publisher for a review copy from NetGalley and the author for a signed copy I won through a contest. I’m a lucky girl!
What a great new series!!  I enjoyed reading this book so much and hated to put it down each night just to sleep.  The relationship between Parker and Colin was fantastic!  I loved Parker!  For such a young age, she was such a spitfire!!  Totally independent and didn’t need any help from anyone. Then along comes Colin who wants to help her and do it all but finds out quickly she can handle things herself, especially when she walks out with a shotgun over her shoulder and tells his men exactly how things are going to be.  Not only was the romance so great but I thoroughly enjoyed what the story was about.  Being a “northern from Ohio”, you read all about the fires and mudslides in California but you have no idea what is really going on or who all is involved in cleaning up the messes.  To me, this was a real eye-opener.  The destruction these things do to people’s properties is unbelievable.  Reading your “Note from the Author” broke my heart to know that you went through this.  I am so glad you survived this horrible ordeal. And the “Acknowledgments” of all the people who came together to help out in this disaster was amazing and they deserve a big “thank you”.  I not only loved Parker and Colin but I also enjoyed reading about Colin’s and Parker’s families and how the bond between all of them grew.  I can’t wait for the next book in this series so I can read about Matt and Erin.  Thank you Catherine Bybee for such a great book!!
A Five star Book from Catherine Bybee!  My Way To You is much more than her previous romance novels.  It tells the story of a family dealing with the aftermath of the California wildfires......the loss and devastation, the mudslides, gas main breaks, loss of water, etc.  There is a romance in the story, as well as, a strong female character, Parker.   Spoiler, in the afterword, we learn that the book is based on the author's experience during The Fires, which makes the story all the more poignant!   I can hardly wait for the next book in the series!   Keep writing, Miss Bybee!  Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read the ARC in exchange for an honest review!

This book is what happens when authors have traumatic weather experiences in their lives, they use their experience to create yet another very realistic set of events that the characters have to go though and survive.

Parker Sinclair is only 26, yet after the death of her parents is the guardians of her brother and sister and the breadwinner, keeping the house together.

After a wildfire however, Parker now has to content with strangers on her property and heavy rains and the County trucks helping to contain the damage the rains are going to cause.

Parker is a very strong character and deals with the day to day, not really the future, especially her future. It is when the County come to her home to do damage flood control that she meets Colin.

Colin is from a very close family and we get to meet all of them and a cousin, all of whom seem really nice.  Colin is a little pushy and likes to get his own way with helping others, however Parker is no pushover and often forgets that she can ask for help, she just gets on and does things which frustrates Colin.

Colin shows that he is a constant and is always there for Parker, even when she doesn't know she needs it.

Its a brilliantly told tale and i really hope that Erin gets a happy ever after.
Wow!  I've enjoyed all of Catherine Bybee's books, but this one was fascinating.  It grabbed me from the start and didn't let me go until I reached the end.  Plus it left me wanting to read more about the other characters, so I can hardly wait for the next in the series!  Parker and her family lost their parents suddenly.  She took over the role of parent with her siblings.  And this is all before the book really begins.  The story picks up a couple years later and they are facing losing their home to a wildfire.  The story was detailed and fascinating.  I've known people who have lost everything to wildfires, but this story put the experience into a new perspective for me.  Parker was such a strong woman.  I loved her for so many reasons.  And then Colin aka TDH walks into her life.  He's such an awesome hero for her.  He was just what she needed.  Someone to respect her strength and not try to take her over.  I loved this story from beginning to end and wasn't quite ready to leave.  I'm happy to see that there are more books in the series coming.  I can hardly wait.  I received an advance copy from NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Catherine Bybee is a must read for me.
Parker was enjoying college when her parents unexpectedly die she must step up and take care of her siblings and their family home. When a fire comes through and burns most of the canyon they now need help to keep the flood waters from tearing apart the rest of the property. In comes Colin working for the county to keep this from happening and along the way reminds Parker that she has a life to live outside of being a parent to her siblings. I loved this book and can’t wait for the next in the series to come out
What a powerful book!  Catherine Bybee's latest, My Way to You, captures you right from the beginning as we meet Parker on the day of her parent's death.  Parker must pick up the pieces and keep things going at home for her younger siblings, Austin and Mallory.  In addition to all the natural challenges one might face in this situation, Parker also finds herself having to battle against Mother Nature in the form of a traumatic wildfire and flooding.
I loved how strong, stubborn and resilient Parker is throughout the book.  Through recovery efforts from the fire, she meets Colin who is quickly taken in by Parker's strength and can-do attitude.  I really appreciated that Bybee writes a man who wants to help and care for the person he likes while letting Parker remain a strong and resilient woman who shows Colin that she can stand on her own.  The balance between the two is fun to watch as they come together.
My Way to You is written from a very real place for the author and so the descriptions of the fire and flooding could be triggering for anyone who has experienced either.  I liked that Bybee wasn't afraid to take on a very real and intense experience.  It brought so much depth to the book and made it that much more interesting.  I enjoyed all the surrounding characters that you meet and am very much looking forward to future books in this series.
I've been a long time fan of Bybee's writing but have to say this is my favorite yet.  A 5-star read for sure!  Thank you so much #NetGalley for this ARC of #MyWayToYou
Canyon Creek series the beginning of a new series by Catherine Bybee it starts off with just enough background to understand  Why the Parker needs to save her family home and land.  The author is able to bring a romance out of the ashes.  Parker is strong but knows when she needs help as she is raising her brother.

The author brings in a cast of characters that will have readers excited for the series. The hill and ranches of LA come alive as its on Characters in the book.

My Way to You has all the romance and well written story that readers have come to expect from Catherine Bybee.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy of My Way to You by Catherine Bybee
Wow!  I mean, WOW!!!  I was aware of the struggles this author went through after the fact, and before reading this book, and was in awe at her strength.  Going into this story, I was unaware that her experiences were the backdrop for this particular book, though I knew one was in the making.  Throughout this reading and especially at its completion, I was left speechless.  Yes, this is a work of fiction, wonderful romance, and I’m sure a bit of added drama.  That doesn’t negate the journey Ms. Bybee and by extension, the heroine of this story, endured to reach a happy ending.

After the death of Parker’s parents, her life is put on hold as she takes on the responsibility of raising her siblings.  When their home is at risk of destruction by fire, it’s all she can do to hold on.  The destruction left behind the fire along with years of drought, and the threat of a wet winter which would bring floods and mudslides, almost bring her to her knees as she regroups, determined to save their home.

Man, Parker was one fierce heroine!  She had strength I could only gape at.  When kicked to the ground, she got back up...fighting stronger than before.  It’s that tough girl, take no prisoner, characteristic that first attracts Colin to her.  Watching her slowly give way to a place where she yielded to his help was especially sweet and emotional.

”I have an AK, an AR, a shotgun, a nine-eleven, and a forty Glock, and I’m a really good shot.  I’m responsible for my teenage brother and college-aged sister.  The only time that gate opens at two in the morning is if someone is sneaking in or sneaking out.  You will call me if you’re coming in.”

Colin was the best kind of hero.  He was strong and protective, but so sweet and caring.  His ability to make Parker laugh had me falling in love with him.  Despite wanting to take over and protect her, he gave her the freedom she was accustomed to, even if it went against his very nature.

’The image of him picking her up and tossing her over his shoulder was the perfect amount of Neanderthal for him.  Something told him she might not be into the over-the-shoulder toss.

Yet.’

This is filled with lots of drama brought on by that brutal secondary character, Mother Nature.  But at the heart of the story is the relationship developing between Parker and Colin.  They were perfect together.  Their banter was fun and witty, making me laugh along with them.  And when things took a darker turn, my heart hurt with them as well.

This has a wonderful pace to it, plenty of humor to lighten the more intense moments, interesting additional characters I hope to see more of (Can’t wait for Erin’s story!), and chemistry between this hero and heroine that was absolutely searing.  This was an exceptional read that will stay in my heart for a long time to come.
“My Way To You” by Cathrine Bybee
In my humble unbiased opinion… you do NOT want to miss reading this story.  Well, if you read the blurb/description and then asking opinions of the story… you have your answer.  This story is worth the read.  Happy Reading ! !
I received an ARC of this story from the publisher via NetGalley and this my honest review.
​​​​​4.5 Stars!

My Way to You is a well-written novel with interesting characters, harrowing situations, and a sexy couple that is hot both in and out of the bedroom. The heroine, Parker Sinclair, becomes the guardian to her two teenage siblings after their parents die tragically. Parker is fiercely independent, so asking for assistance has never been an option. She works night and day to keep her family's ranch together, however, nothing can help when the California forest fires ravage their property. With their home mostly intact, she now has to contend with the upcoming winter rains, which will greatly affect their land and the land of their neighbors.

Colin Hudson works for the county. At this time, his primary job as a public works supervisor is to protect Parker's already damaged property from worsening when the winter rains bring havoc to the area.  The job is quite difficult and he is lucky to have a great support staff.  Colin spends a lot of time with Parker, and a result, their business relationship evolves into much more. Colin provides the safety net and happiness that Parker so deservedly needs.

The author tells a compelling story with My Way to You, and my heart goes out to those that have to deal mother nature's never ending wrath. The secondary characters are quite interesting, and I look forward to reading more about them in the future. I learned so much from this novel, while enjoying every moment of the relationships being developed. Another winner from Ms. Bybee.

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley.
This book was so full of emotions. Youth could feel for all of the kids having to deal in this situation but especially Parker.
Parker is an exceptional big sister to her siblings. She went above and beyond to hold it all together.
I love that while Colin wanted to help her, he still allowed her to be independent. He worked along side her instead of taking over.

This book takes you through the motions and the unimaginable circumstances the people of Cali had to face.
WOW!!!  I really don't know what else to say.  I have loved every book of Catherine Bybee's and I've read them all with the exception of the older time travel books but this was the best!  The romance is nice as it always is but I was super impressed with the back story.  Being a Texan with not a lot of knowledge but especially not a lot about fires and mountains and all the other things that go along with California, I found this story very interesting.  It grabbed me and held my interest to the very end, wondering what would come next, what else would break, if it could be fixed and how they would fix it.

This is definitely a 5 star from me.  Many thanks to NetGalley, Montlake Publishing and Ms. Bybee for the ARC of this great story in exchange for an honest review.
What an awesome book! Lots of emotion, family interactions, friends, romance, suspense. I learned much about surviving wildfires and preventing and enduring flooding, and was rewarded with a compelling story with strong characters. I couldn’t put it down and I eagerly await the next book in this series.
I was captivated by this book from the very beginning and was surprised by the whole set of events. I was 50% into the book and had yet to see much of a "rainbow" after the "storm" of Parkers life. I was so touched throughout this entire book. So many real life circumstances that many of our Californians have endured. I wish I knew more about how the parents passed, but am in awe of the maturity and growth Parker had. To watch her take on so much, learn from it, and be a genuine heroine was amazing. The love the Hudson's shared with Parker and her siblings was so touching too. I just loved this book!
I can't wait to read Erin's story.
Awesome doesn't cover how wonderful this romance was. Ms. Bybee wrote this story based on some of the events that occurred during the California fires. The character of Parker was about a wonderful young woman who took on raising her siblings then faced the horrors that happened. Parker was tremendously strong in the face of so much adversity. Colin was a caring and loving person who helped shore Parker when she needed him. To say I enjoyed this book and the myriad of emotions I felt is an understatement. I received a complementary copy of this book via Net Galley and chose to write a review. I look forward to reading future books by Ms. Bybee
This story read like a first account straight from the headlines tale of life in the line of fire. Forest fires. I enjoyed the story and will start looking for more books by this author.