Cover Image: My Way To You

My Way To You

A great showing from Catherine Bybee.  I always find her work to be solid and well-written and this is no exception.
A brilliant start to another series by Catherine Bybee,

Colin works as a supervisor for LA County Public Works Department, an interesting job to say the least. His next challenge is to convince a gun carrying fire storm that he is there to help her family.

Parker’s life has been one trial after another. After loosing her parents she was left to raise her siblings to keep them together, in hind sight she let her future go. No that things are changing just maybe Parker can find her own happiness, but first she needs too save her family home.

Colin and Parker are very enjoyable from beginning till the last chapter. I enjoyed the patience Colin showed Parker in everything she did. Parker has tons on her plate, she needs to learn to delegate things to others, but being the parent, sister and the one in charge it is hard to let go of the reins.

The supporting Characters Colin’s parents Emmett and Nora, Austin, Mallory, Matt, Erin, Grace and Jase all kept the plot moving as well as some real special moments that had my heart full. I can’t wait to see what’s next for these characters.

My Way to You is a intense romantic read with amazing characters that I can see me revisiting. Colin & Parker have an unusual connection and plenty of heat what they don’t have is time. Rain season is coming. What I did not expect was a good dose of mystery, Erin story is interesting to have me wanting her story.

Rated 4 Stilettos by Deb!
For Parker Sinclair having her family home nearly destroyed in a wildfire is just one more added stress in a life that is just barely holding together. Raising her teen siblings and caring for their family ranch takes all her time. When public works supervisor Colin Hudson needs to use her property to shore up the damaged area to mitigate mudslides, sparks fly between them. With another disaster looming can love find a way in?

This was a slow moving romance as the wildfire and its aftermath take center stage. Parker was hard-working though perhaps a bit too independent. Colin was a good family guy. I enjoyed the supporting characters. I didn't like the underage drinking especially as it was mentioned several times that Parker's guardianship of her brother was being monitored. Overall this was a nice romance that sets the stage for the next books. The second book in the series, Home To Me, comes out July 14th. Thank you to Montlake Romance and Netgalley for an e-copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Ripped from the headlines!!  Fiction imitates life!!

The first book in the Canyon Creek series, My Way to You, is the fictionalized tale of the events the author went through after her home was almost destroyed by fire and then by flood!  It's just so good!

Weaving many different 'acts of God', the fire and the terror Parker felt thinking she lost the only home she'd ever known, the flood after the fire that again almost took out her home, her parent's deaths in an accident a few year earlier, there is so much bad happening, she has little room for anything good.

Meeting the public works supervisor, Colin, and finding out there are people who can help keep her home safe for her younger siblings helps, but Parker is really an independent woman.  Accepting help doesn't come easy for her.

As her small sphere of 'family' expands to include Colin's family, Erin, the woman who rents her guest house, and even the men working on the project, she comes to understand that taking help that's given freely does not make you dependent on those people, they just want to help lighten your burden.

Great read!  I can't wait for the second book in the series.
Parker's life changed when her parents died in an accident. She stepped up and put her life on hold, left school, and became the caregiver to her younger siblings. Life is not easy for her, however she perseveres  through it all and does not let anything stand in her way.

This is a book that reminds me of how life is for other people, and it makes me step back and appreciate what I have. Life is strange and different people have different problems, however a book like this makes you realize we all work through them. In the end we have to remember what is important.

** I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review**
I was very surprised by this story. It was pretty good but lacked the action and fire I'm used to by this author.
My first book by Catherine Bybee and I was pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed My Way To You and would very much like to read more from her.
Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆☆
I am a big fan of Catherine Bybee's books and was delighted to get a chance to read this book, the first in a new series. It was beautifully written and having read the author comments at the end, I learned that the weather events were based on her own experiences. I am not surprised, as the emotions were so real, and the explanation and descriptions were exceptional. It brought to life the dangers, the determination, and the camaraderie of people who face such challenges to their homes and livelihood.

Parker Sinclair is such a fabulous woman; I absolutely admired her, her strength, her patience, her resilience, and most of all, her capacity to love, to live, and to be so positive in the face of great stresses. She absolutely deserved to find the love of someone who could appreciate her in all her guises, and who would foster her independence but also provide a safe place to find support. Colin was clearly a special man, and recognised how carefully he needed to consider how to enjoy her company and not stifle her feistiness.

I was fascinated by the background story of the fires and far worse, the floods and landslides. It provided such a perfect reason for the two of them to meet, for them to see each other under great pressure, and to accept that they each had their strengths and their needs. It was not all plain sailing, but they did not hide their thoughts or behave in any way disingenuously. I loved it, all of it!

Excellent start to a new series, and I do hope that we will see more of this lovely couple and family. Delicious!
Parker's parents died when she was in her last year of college. She took on the responsibility of her sister (now in college) and her brother (now in high school). She takes care of the family home and all that goes along with that including California wildfires and floods.
Parker struggles and hopes to one day have a life of her own, but has more than enough determination to save the family farm so to speak and take care of her siblings.
In comes Colin with the Public Works Department and sparks fly between them from the start. But with the damage from the wildfires and impending floods and all the work needed on Parker's family property there is lots to get in the way of a brewing relationship.
Parker also rents the guest house for extra cash to mysterious and likeable Erin. I anxiously waited to find out Erin's story.
The relationships in the book are interesting. Not having any knowledge of the California land, wildfires, floods and what was needed taught me a few lessons and sometimes had me stopping to think.
I look forward to the next installment of the Canyon Creek Series.
My Way to You is the first in a new series by Catherine Bybee. This book grabbed me from the beginning and held me the entire way through. I did not want to put this book down.

Parker tragically lost her parents and had to return home from college to care for her younger brother and sister in their family home. A wildfire breaks out in the canyon near the home and then poses an even bigger threat of mud slides. The public works department plans to work on Parker's property to prevent future mud slides for her property, and the neighborhood. Colin, the supervisor of the project, takes a liking to Parker. The story follows the their unlikely romance, while telling the story of Mother Nature.
Parker has had a lot to take on in the two years since her parents passing. She had to quit college and take a low paying job as a teacher aide which she keeps getting in trouble because she has to take off or is late. She also has to take care of her brother and sister.  When a wildfire nearly destroys their house in California.  Colin Hudson’s job as a public works supervisor is to protect her property and her neighbors. Parker and Colin become close when dealing with trying to save the property.  I thoroughly enjoyed this story.  If you love a romance with a strong woman heroine- this book is for you.
Thank you Montlake and NetGalley for an arc of this novel in exchange for my honest review.
If you are looking for a strong leading lady, this is the book for you.  Parker is one of the strongest women.  She leaves her life, after her parents die, and steps up to be guardian for her two siblings.  She's brains and beauty so it's no surprise when Colin comes in and is completely taken with her.  This book has laughter, tears, suspense, and so much more.  This is a fantastic read!
another swing and a home run for this author.  This whole book was like insane. I have never read a book where the main character has SOOOO much bad thrown at them and I didnt end up hating the character. Every hit to the main character was so devastating to the reader and i was just screaming COME ON GIVE HER A BREAK! I like that the "bad guy" here was actually weather and not a person that was refreshing! I loved all the characters and would love a book by the roommate!
Thank you to NetGalley and Montlake for allowing me to preview this book ahead of the publishing date in exchange for my honest review.

Parker and Colin were a good and slow love story but by chapter 14 I was ready to throw in the towel.  There was so much information, some technical, about the wash, the fire, saving the house and saving the neighborhood that the book was more about that than the romance between Colin and Parker.

Parker is a college-kid who had to become mom and dad to her younger siblings when their parents were killed in a car accident.  As life goes, one thing after another begins to pile up on Parker including a wild fire that nearly destroys their house and brings Colin into their lives.  I’ve read Catherine Bybee’s First Wives series and loved it.  This new series was just too mired down in how to survive the devastation of a wild fire and how to combat it along with mother nature that could wash your life away any minute to be an escapism book.

The note from author does explain why the book focused so heavily on the wild fire, the wash and the men and women that help California more specifically southern California combat their fires.  For me it was too much.  I actually read two books in between reading this book because I was that bored with it.  There is an HEA and it’s the beginning to a new series so two other books are coming I can only hope they are more focused on the characters, first and secondary, and a lot less on the natural disaster that brought them together.
My Way to You is the first book in the Canyon Creek series by the talented Catherine Bybee. This story for this book is based on real life events Catherine went through a few years ago with a fire and then flooding that almost took her house. I remember following her through the ordeal and thought she was strong and brave and now reading about how she turned it into a romance with a strong leading lady who has no option but to take care of her siblings and save her house. Parker lost her parents and was left to raise her teenage siblings alone. Not only was the fire that almost took their house devastating, the land and house need to be prepared in case it rains and floods through her property. Colin, a public works employee, is sent to oversee the work on Parker's property. After meeting her and seeing how capable, stubborn and pretty she is, he wants to help her more than just any other resident. Parker and Colin get close as he's there every day and one thing leads to another. She doesn't really have time to date because she's too busy taking care of her brother and sister and her house, but Colin isn't taking no for an answer. Soon his parents, brother and sister are all involved in Parker's life and they ban together to help her get through it. Is it possible to fall in love in the middle of a tragedy? Will Parker learn to ask for help and let go of some of her control? I loved this story! Knowing Catherine went through this was so powerful to me. It was scary to read and I held my breath a lot! I loved how Colin loved that she was independent, he just wanted to be part of her life, not take over. Parker was amazingly keeping it all together and I was in awe of her! I fell in love with all of the characters and I'm looking forward to the next book!
My Way to You Catherine Bybee

Covering a family’s trauma in the worst way and covering a vast variety of colourful characters and with the strength and conviction of Will so much can be overcome Life is about accepting help when offered which is not a weakness.

As ab avid reader of Catherine Bybee the story of Parker and her family was a little slower to start than some of  her novels although this was no less engrossing.  Thjis book shows courage in adversity in every way and how unkind Mother Nature can be! Recommended read.
My Way To You by Catherine Bybee is the first novel in her Canyon Creek series. It is also my first novel by this author and I am eagerly awaiting the second.
Based on a true story (her own personal experience) involving fire, floods and mudslides.
I love the author's perception of courage, strength, love and the importance of family.
It's a great love story too!

Thank you to NetGalley and Montlake Romance for an arc of this novel in exchange for my honest review.
Wow!  That's the best way to put this book.  I read a lot and I'm always looking for a different type of story in the romance genre.  This book definitely delivers.  For those of us who don't live where there are massive fires or mudslides, this gave us a real look at how it must feel to experience that.  I was fascinated with the story of resilience and tenacity of these characters.  On top of that a sweet romance and I couldn’t put this book down.  This was a great way to start a series.
Catherine has a very smoothly manner to write a book, by describing extremely accurate feelings and actions, which eases your reading, and I really loved that.
Parker is a young woman who is been taking care of her siblings since their parents tragically died two years ago. She is forced to face responsibilities and she is been learning how to manage to look after their house and their expenses. She is the person her brother and sister lean on and she had to become a tough woman in order to accomplish all the duties out there.
At the very right moment, after a fire had damaged part of Parker’s property, Collin appears in her life as the man in charge to manage a project that will create a barrier in case the rainy season will result into flooding the neighbourhood. Collin is the man who Parker needs, the absolute boyfriend, a gentleman, ever so polite and easy to love.
I enjoyed this book, however I would have liked some more tension between the characters to keep the flames throughout the reading.
Overall, it was a good written book.
When a wildfire nearly destroys Parker Sinclair’s family home, it’s just one more disaster to add to her mountain of stress. For the past two years, she has shouldered the responsibility of raising her younger brother and sister after their parents’ untimely deaths. Forced to leave college for a crappy job that barely pays the bills, Parker manages her family property, which consumes every aspect of her life. Now winter is coming and the forecast isn’t spreading sunshine on the dark cloud over her head. The last thing Parker needs is a mudslide destroying everything she has worked so hard to maintain.⁣⁣
⁣⁣
Colin Hudson’s job as a public works supervisor is to protect Parker’s property and neighborhood from further damage. But it’s a little hard when the owner of the land is a control freak who tries to do everything herself. The hardworking, attractive young woman is far from the “hot mess” she claims to be. In fact, her tight grip of control is one of the things that attract him the most. It’s also the hardest to crack. Now Colin’s working overtime to help Parker open up her heart, trust him, and let him in.⁣⁣
⁣⁣
As Parker and Colin work together to keep her home and neighborhood safe, they may be in for another disaster. Or they may just realize that sometimes it takes destruction to create something new