Cover Image: My Way To You

My Way To You

I was captivated by this book from the very beginning and was surprised by the whole set of events. I was 50% into the book and had yet to see much of a "rainbow" after the "storm" of Parkers life. I was so touched throughout this entire book. So many real life circumstances that many of our Californians have endured. I wish I knew more about how the parents passed, but am in awe of the maturity and growth Parker had. To watch her take on so much, learn from it, and be a genuine heroine was amazing. The love the Hudson's shared with Parker and her siblings was so touching too. I just loved this book!
I can't wait to read Erin's story.
Awesome doesn't cover how wonderful this romance was. Ms. Bybee wrote this story based on some of the events that occurred during the California fires. The character of Parker was about a wonderful young woman who took on raising her siblings then faced the horrors that happened. Parker was tremendously strong in the face of so much adversity. Colin was a caring and loving person who helped shore Parker when she needed him. To say I enjoyed this book and the myriad of emotions I felt is an understatement. I received a complementary copy of this book via Net Galley and chose to write a review. I look forward to reading future books by Ms. Bybee
This story read like a first account straight from the headlines tale of life in the line of fire. Forest fires. I enjoyed the story and will start looking for more books by this author.
What a cute little story. I loved it and read it in 2 days. I cannot wait for the other books from this author to be released. I know it will be amazing. This is a feel good story, with passionate characters, a love story like no other.
Catherine Bybee is an automatic must read for me, and this story is a shinning example of why she's become one of my favorite story tellers to read. My Way to You was especially poignant since the events this book were taken straight from the authors life during the wildfires and flooding several years ago.

Parker was enjoying college life, trying to nail down a major and move forward, when her entire world came crushing down around her. With her parents unexpectedly gone, Parker moved back to the family home to take care of her two younger siblings. And now that her youngest brother is heading into his senior year of high school, things are looking up for the family.But when the fires came, everything came crashing down on them. As they're trying to rebuild, Colin Hudson and his crew from the county are hoping to camp on Parkers land to put in measures to prevent flooding during the winter.

With Colin and crew camping out on the Sinclair family property while they work on dams, and other measures to control the water flow, Parker and Colin begin to grow feelings toward one another. He is sweet, funny and extremely caring. And since Parker took on the role of parent to her siblings, he's the first person she's been able to let looks at be herself with.

The path to love between Parker and Colin isn't always easy, but his steady commitment helps the bonds between them continue to grow. I found their story to be so incredibly sweet, but there was plenty of heat in there as well. Loved. It.
I really appreciated the unique aspect to this story and the glimpse into what I can only imagine is the horror and fear of a wildfire threatening your home. Mixed in with the aftermath of the fire we get the story of Parker and Colin. Parker is struggling to raise her siblings after her parents death and maintain the family home and property. Colin works for there county and is attempting to help control and mitigate flood and mudslide damage after the fire, this is how their paths cross. This was an enjoyable story but I do feel it fell a little short at times. It seemed at times as if it would have just somehow reached a bit further it could have been spectacular. But overall an enjoyable read with real world relatable characters. #MyWayToYou #NetGalley
Catherine Bybee is on best seller lists for a reason! This read is just another example, only it is so much more in “My Way to You”. It’s the most personable read ever from a great author who took a huge part of her life and placed it in this story. The dynamic between Parker and Colin was great and some of the secondary characters (I hope) will receive their own tales of love and the whole damn thing called “life.”
This story got me emotionally as I remember the worry for friends and family who were affected by the fires in Southern California, and then the rains that came along after. Catherine was one of those friends. She handled the trauma like the strong, amazing woman she is and just kept moving. A lot like the character “Parker” she created. Every writer places things about themselves within their stories but this read transcended the norm for me. The family dynamics were so heartfelt. The burden or responsibility of an older sibling having to take charge. In these characters that read as real life,  the roles of a family change constantly when there is fear happening, and causes the dysfunction within the home where routine becomes the only constant to keep things together. Or so you think.  Bravo Cat for the best story so far!  Pick up this book. It’s worth every penny!
I received this as an ARC from the author but I am purchasing this for my personal library. 💝
This book truly grabs you. It’s as heartwarming and heartbreaking. I highly recommend it. Book 1 of 2..
Parker Sinclair has lost her family home. She’s raised her brother and sister after there parents passed away.

Then walks in Colin Hudson who is a public works supervisor. He will do anything for her. Parker is a very strong person,
See what happens.

Thank you to net Galley and Montlake for letting me read before release..

With the recent fires in Australia, this book is a poignant reminder of the battles faced in the aftermath of such devastation. Parker Sinclair finds herself raising her two younger siblings after tragedy strikes the family. At an age, where life should be much easier, she is struggling to keep afloat. However, Parker is so determined to rise above these challenges that she resists the efforts of everyone, including Colin Hudson. Colin is a public works supervisor whose job it is to protect property from further damage, yet despite all his best efforts, Parker refuses his help. Over time, Parker begins to realise the power of accepting help from those who wish to help.
This was such a thought-provoking book, demonstrating the tenacity of a young woman, determined to face the many challenges thrown at her. The development of the relationship between Parker and Colin is cautious yet powerful. Once again, Catherine Bybee evokes such intense feelings, pulling a reader into the story without them realising it.
 I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
This first book of the series, is also the first book I would be reading by this author, and thus was intrigued.
The story centers around  Parker Sinclair and Colin Hudson.
Parker has had to deal with a lot in her young life, primarily taking care of her younger siblings , even if her dreams turned to dust.
When mudslides threaten all her hard work, she meets Colin.
Colin is  public works supervisor attracted to this complicated woman.
As they work together we also get a chance to meet secondary characters that bring some interest to the story.
It was a sweet and touching story. More of a women’s fiction book than a full fledge romance.
Still, one you will enjoy the complex characters that will touch your hearts.
I was entrusted a copy of this book by Netgalley. The opinions expressed are solely my own.
My Way To You by Catherine Bybee is the first book in the new Creek Canyon series..   The story is heartwrenching at times.  I thought the writing was well done,  the characters are well developed and are believable.  The story a hard one to take in, then you find out just how much and why its so real.  I liked the story and thinks its timely and  relevant.
This is one of those books that grows on you as the story goes on. The romance doesn't really kick in until about a quarter of the way in, and a lot of it reads more like women's fiction, with a heavy, emotional, and sometimes dry feel. Bybee tackled some real life issues that are close to her heart, detailing what it's like for individuals who are forced to deal with the aftermath - and potential reappearance - of natural disasters. It's an unlikely setup for a romance novel, but is written with skill and patience as this slow burn builds into something deep. I won't lie to you and say that I loved every minute - I think a significant amount of detail could've been eliminated and it would've been much more effective and entertaining while still getting the message across - but it tells an important story and is definitely worth a read.

The story follows Parker, a young woman who is dealing with more than any one person should. After the death of her parents, she was left to take responsibility for her siblings and leave behind the life she expected to have. When disaster strikes and damages the family home, it's devastating in a multitude of ways. Enter Colin, a public works employee who becomes an important person in Parker's life. The two slowly build from strangers to lovers, connecting during an extremely messy time for Parker.

Bybee's writing is as solid as always, and once the romance kicked into high gear, my enjoyment of the story increased immensely. It's a poignant, heartbreaking, and emotional story that will unfortunately hit close to home for many people. I can't imagine going through everything Parker does and still showing her strength. I loved Colin as a hero because he accepts that it's not an ideal time for Parker to start something, and he provides her support along the way. If you're looking for women's fiction with an element of romance, this is certainly worth your time. I received an ARC via NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving a review.
This has to be the very best book by this author that I have ever read. I felt I was there living through the floods and mire that raked havoc through this neighborhood. I could feel myself out there helping to save homes and holding a small family together through the loss of their parents. Even through the hard times, relationships fostered. I wanted the book to go on forever!

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley.
I hate to give a bad review for Catherine Bybee yet I put down the book early on. I was turned off by the characters and storyline. I gave up and went onto other books. I won’t give up on her books and look forward to her next book.
This was a sweet love story featuring Colin and Parker and I'm guessing the first in a series of books.  Well written characters with believable flaws and lots of difficulties to overcome.  An enjoyable read, albeit heart-wrenching at times.  I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC for NetGalley.
Having read a few books by this author, I was delighted to get to read the first book in a new series. I wasn’t disappointed, if anything this was far better than I had expected. A story of overcoming battles, by persevering no matter what is thrown at you. What made this story even more believe able is that the author disclosed that part of this story was based on some real life experiences. It’s been a while since I have read any books in this genre, so this made for a nice change, it is uplifting, and a pleasure.

This author just has a knack of writing believable characters, that draw you in, and you feel like they are your friends by the end of the book. You are rooting for them, they are likeable, relatable.

After her parents had died two years earlier,26 year old Parker Sinclair’s life changed dramatically, she had to leave school and her future plans to take care  of her younger sister Mallory and her brother Austin, as well as all the responsibilities of running a household. They live in California but when a wildfire nearly destroyed their family home. Parker worries about and obsesses over the threat of mudslides when the winter rain comes.

After the wildfire Parker meets Colin Hudson who is a supervisor of the public works department.. He devises a plan that should help calm some of Parker’s fears. From then on Colin and his men begin shoring up the land around her home. The problem is Parker is not used to relying on anyone for help. But it’s not long before a mutual attraction starts to flicker between Parker and Colin. But when the rains come and the mudslides are worse than they expected. Can Parker let Colin help her?

The main focus of the story is on the struggles that Parker’s family face after the wildfires, and then the further disasters from the rain. It’s also about accepting help when it’s needed. Not being too proud to try and do it all alone. Parker is a strong independent woman, she has had to be, she takes no nonsense from anyone. Colin is a good guy.

At times this is heart pounding, with the action, the struggles faced from the weather, but a beautifully written plot, very descriptive prose, I can’t wait to read book number 2 now.

I would like to thank #netgalley and #MontlakeRomance for an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest fair and unbiased review.
I enjoyed reading the first book to a new series. Seeing these characters come together and survive the devastation has you rooting for them.  I look forward to reading about the rest of the characters. They are all likable and you can relate to them. The only problem I had was I felt like the description of Mother Nature and the problems in the book was too much. While I love details I felt so lost at times . While I understand the importance of it to the book and the author I just felt it took away from the book.
In Catherine Bybee’s new series, book one has given us a powerful story of one woman who has to keep her life together in the face of many challenges that come her way

Parker Sinclair has been living life that any one in their early ‘s would be doing, until tragedy struck and she was charged with raising her two younger siblings, giving up her education and finding a job that was not really to her liking but she had to put food on the table and pay the bills. She was doing okay until a new disaster struck and she tries to hold everything together. She is not one for asking for help, but sometimes you have to bit the bullet and let some in, or someone’s in. Parker is very strong willed, but County worker Colin Hudson is a fixer, and he tries his best to help Parker with all the challenges she is facing at the hand of Mother Nature. You can’t fight Mother Nature without help, but Parker is doing her best not to reply on the people who love her.

Colin Hudson wants nothing more than to take the burdens from Parker Sinclair, but she fights him every step of the way. As they both struggle with their own challenges, the Hudson family comes into help. From Colin’s mom Nora to the new renter Erin of the guesthouse that Parker needed to help out with expenses, to the crew who work for Colin. As Parker struggles to be independent and not rely on others, especially Colin, all of these people who help, become special to Parker and Colin in particular. She finds that he gives her strength and how much she needs him to be her rock and show her that she can still be in charge of her life, but with the help of people who love her, she finds that she can still be the strong person she is, but that help is always around her from the man that will keep her safe from fires and floods no matter what because while Mother Nature rages outside, she is busy making sure that the powerful feelings that Parker and Colin have will result in love and a future together.

Thank you Netgalley for giving me the chance to read and review this wonderful first book in this new series.
I could not put this book down and I know the fans of Catherine Bybee are going to love it. I can’t wait to for the next book.  Bring it on!!!
I had the privilege of reading an ARC of Catherine Bybee's My Way to You, the first book in her new Creek Canyon series for an honest review. I can honestly say that it was one of the most enjoyable books that I have read recently and I am honored that I was able to read an ARC of this amazing and personal story. My Way to You is a beautifully written story about perseverance and dealing with all of life's shortcomings. I loved every page and could not put it down! One of my favorite parts of the story was the author's note, where Catherine discloses her own real life experiences that lead to her writing such a personal story. I am truly in awe of Catherine for writing such an amazing personal story and her ability as an incredible storyteller. I love how Catherine develops her characters in such a way that you fall in love with them and care about them much like a good friend. My Way to You is the story of Parker Sinclair, who is the twenty-six year old guardian of her younger sister and brother and Colin Hudson, the supervisor of the public works department. Parker's parents died two years ago, she left school and her future, to return home to take care of her siblings and all the responsibilities of running a household. A California wildfire nearly destroy the family home, where Parker lives with her sister, Mallory and brother, Austin. After the wildfires, Parker obsesses over the threat of mudslides that could come with the winter rains. Colin Hudson meets with Parker after the wildfire and devises a plan to calm some of Parker's fears. Colin and his men spend weeks shoring up the land around her home. Parker is not used to relying on anyone for anything. It is hard for her to accept all the help that Colin offers. Before long, sparks are igniting between Parker and Colin. Then the rains come and the mudslides are worse than anyone anticipated. Parker has learned to make many life choices alone, it is hard for her to count on Colin to be there. My Way to You it filled with outstanding characters, wonderful descriptions of the landscape and the setting, and incredible plot twists. I loved Colin’s Mom, Nora, and the life lessons that she passed along to Parker. I felt like I was really related to her. I love that Catherine Bybee always writes about strong women. My Way to You is filled with the bittersweet and poignant moments, that I have come to love and expect in Catherine Bybee's books. My favorite line in the book is "Time for a new chapter". I love that Parker got her happily ever after even if she didn't even realize that she wanted one. Catherine introduced the characters for her next book in the series, Home to Me. Cannot wait to see how the romance between Parker's renter, Erin Fleming with all her secrets and fears, and Colin's brother Matt develops.
First, I enjoyed this Bybee read. She is a talented author and that shines through here. It was haunting/devastating to learn, from a first-hand account, how ravaging the wild fires we hear about on the news are for the people living through them. I’m an east coast girl, so hurricanes, not wild fires are what I’ve seen and lived through. That being said, IMO this is a bit more women’s fiction than it is romance. I don’t generally like women’s fiction, I like a lot more romance and sexy times in my “for entertainment” reading. Also, I live a women’s fiction sort of life everyday so why read about it. I would only recommend My Way to You to readers who enjoy women’s fiction and/or prefer a 90:10 story to romance ratio.