What I Want You to See

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 04 Feb 2020

This was a great read from beginning to end. But don’t be deceived; the topics covered are tough, embarrassing, and have repercussions. I appreciated the honesty of the story with no simple answers or outcomes. This story showed our actions have consequences which follow us throughout our lives. I thought it was really well written with insight and compassion. I will definitely read more from this author.
This book was received as an ARC from Disney Book Group - Freeform in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I was so intrigued from the start of this novel due to Sabine's love for art and her desire to win the approval for one of the top professor's in the university. Determined to fit in and start a new beginning, Sabine meets Adam who opens her eyes in a new way and shows her the masterpiece her professor is working on and even though he wants her to copy a piece she connects with, she can't fathom the reaction of her professor when the piece she connects with is his and even if this wasn't pressure enough, there is a crime on the run and only Sabine was the eye witness getting herself in an epic battle of a lifetime. A lot of our young adult/teen/middle school readers will appreciate this book and I hope this becomes a future title for the Battle of the Books competition. Our players will sure to love it.

We will consider adding this title to our YFiction collection at our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.