Cover Image: All His Pretty Girls

All His Pretty Girls

This was hands down one of my favorite books. From beginning to end, it has you at the edge of your seat. I could not put it down. I am looking forward to reading more from this Author, for it was a first time reading his material.
I came across this book/author on Netgalley and loved the blurb, so thought why not give it a chance? I am so glad I did because I LOVE this book! Of course, I have no triggers when it comes to reading, but if you do than please (as much as it pains me to say) pass.

I will not leave any spoilers because I think the reader deserves to enjoy this journey themselves. I will say the characters are awesome (even the evil ones), there are lots of twists/turns, murder, kidnapping, pretty graphic violence (triggers I mentioned earlier), and a great ending that I did figure out, but some won't until it's revealed.

When an author draws out all my emotions than it deserves 5 stars. I am so looking forward to starting the second book (Toy Box) in this series.

#AllHisPrettyGirls #Netgalley #FiveStars #Alyssa #Brock #Cord #Evil #CharlyCox
All His Pretty Girls
by Charly Cox

Hera Books

Hera Books
 Mystery & Thrillers
Pub Date 23 Oct 2019

I am reviewing a copy of All His Pretty Girls through Hera Books and Netgalley:

Alyssa Wyatt is a detective who is hunting a serial killer.  The thing she doesn’t know is the serial killer is hunting her as well.

The discovery of a badly beaten, naked woman who is barely alive in the New Mexico mountains sends  Albuquerque Detective Alyssa Wyatt into a case that will test her to her limits.

From the looks of things Callie McCormick is the latest plaything of a shadowy psychopath, a psychopath that leaves long shadows on the streets of New Mexico.  He is an individual who is linked to a string of murders, but he leaves no no evidence behind.

When Alyssa has a breakthrough on the case that may lead her to the killer.  In discovering the breakthrough she unknowingly puts herself in the crosshairs  of a brutal maniac who is out to settle a score.

The killer knows Alyssa very well, despite the fact she doesn’t even know him.  But he is determined that she will know his name even if it means he has to extract deadly revenge on everyone she loves.

If you like powerful, fast paced crime fiction that leaves you guessing, I would recommend All His Pretty Girls.

Five out of five stars!

Happy Reading!
I thought this book was  a great introduction to Detective Alyssa Wyatt and her Partner Cord.  They are investigating the disappearance of a missing woman and then a woman is found badly beaten.  Is it a coincidence that both women look similar to Detective Wyatt.
I loved all the characters in this book and, although I figured out who the bad guy was, enjoyed following the investigation.  I also liked that the story also showed Wyatt family life.
I enjoyed so much I’m now going straight on to read book two.
Thanks to Hera books and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for a honest review.
#AllHisPrettyGirls #NetGalley
Set in New Mexico and introducing Detective Alyssa Wyatt, this is a fantastic read with twists and turns aplenty. The premise of this novel is very tricksy and i loved that about it. The idea that the detective is being hunted but is completely unaware of that is inspired. As Wyatt focusses of finding the abducted girl, the killer focusses on getting closer to her. Wyatts work/life vbalance is beutifully explored, making her well rounded as a character and giving us access to her weaknesses as well as her strengths. Some of the scenes had my jaw hitting the floor at the audacity of the killer. Breath taking, fast paced and well plotted.
Gripping! Detective Alyssa Wyatt confronts her last trauma with current case which becomes personal.  Keeps you on your seat a a guessing up until the end.  Can’t wait to read Detective Wyatts next case.
I received an #ebook copy of this title via #netgalley. This book was very #triggering to me and I found myself unable to go on. When I am in a better #mindset I will continue this story.
It was so refreshing to read a detective who has a loving family and a pretty ordinary home life. However, it soon gets dark. There is so much suspense. At one part I was so scared for a certain character, I could not stop reading. I did work out the twist but wow what a twist. It was such an incredible read and I am going to need more from this author asap. It was gruesome and creepy and everything I look for in a crime thriller.

I received a copy of the ebook via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Alyssa Wyatt is a force to be reckoned with. Edge of seat pulling for her from beginning to end. The atmosphere and the crime in this book were both realistic and well concocted. Wonderfully strutted and thoughtful. Will continue series.
This is an enjoyable new protagonist with an interesting back story. She is not impetuous like so many protagonists now and she follows the rules. The part about her caffeine addiction was way over written and I had a hard time believing that a cop would not get an alarm fixed asap. While you see the ending coming it still pulls together nicely. I look forward to reading more in this series.
This is a debut book in a new series called Detective Alyssa Watt. I found it a little slow in parts and then picks up again. Alyssa Watt's younger brother was kidnapped right out front of their house while Alyssa was to be watching him. Only to turn up dead. Years later Alyssa has these memories pulled up when a young female goes missing. Detective Watt and her partner Cord think there is a serial rapist/killer on the loose, targeting females that resemble Alyssa Watt. The author has us following a few characters perspective including the "killer", what really happened to him in the past and why is he after these innocent females? With a twist of a plot some might not see coming this was a good read especially for a debut novel.

I give this book a 3 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed it but I am not 100% sure I will continue with the series.
This was a book I liked. It read as a fast paced thriller and it didn't take me long to finish.

I would recommend this if you are looking for a fast enjoyable read.
I love this book. It took me a little time to read it but it was a really good read. liked the characters and story line. really kept the reader into the story, Definitely relate to the characters which I think truly makes the book.
All His Pretty Girls is a outstanding fast paced thriller. A must read and buy for the holidays. Well written and well developed characters.
This was pretty good. I enjoyed the plot, writing and characters. There were some surprises and a great final zing at the end. My only criticism is that I felt the dialogue sections were a bit unnatural feeling/sounding at times (too formal maybe). Overall, it was an entertaining and quick read. I would recommend and check out more by this author.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and Hera Books for a copy in exchange for a review.
A book that I could not put down. The tension builds as you wait to hear what happens next. An excellent story with a fitting conclusion. Definitely recommended to those readers who enjoy reading this type of detective story.
Freaking awesome! And just like that, I have a new favorite!! All His Pretty girls by Charly Cox is compelling, exciting, and has some big twists. I loved the atmosphere Charly created in this one. It's nail-bitingly good! I loved reading this book and only hope that there are more to come- and soon!

When the beautiful Callie McCormick goes missing, Alyssa and her team of detectives leave no stone unturned in finding Callie and her kidnapper. Soon a woman barely alive is discovered on the New Mexico Mountains - she has been left badly violated, beaten, bruised, naked and close to death. With Callies's fate and her inability to find her weighing heavily on Alyssa's mind, Alyssa and her team rush against time to find who tormented Callie to death. Her search leads her to discover a string of other murders with no evidence left behind and a fingerprint of a dead man. But the cases have one common factor - All women missing bear a striking resemblance to Alyssa. Unbeknownst to her the killer/kidnapper knows her very well and has an old score to settle. But getting to Alyssa is not just his plan. He first plans to kill and torture all those who she holds dear in life starting with her youngest child. Will Alyssa save her family in time?

The book opens with a scene that hooks you straight in. I had the misfortune of watching The Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix right before diving into this one and this made it 100% more spooky. The characters are amazing! I love Detective Alyssa Wyatt and her partner Cord runs around the town in hunt of a vicious killer. At first, I did not appreciate reading chapters from the POV of the killer.  But as the book progresses, we see new stuff and shocking truths that will leave you wanting for more! Unlike other books, the killer is revealed quite early on but the intrigue doesn't die. The suspense just amps up and continues till the very last page is turned! Detective Alyssa Ward now is part of the Detective squad I am an absolute fan of and eagerly am looking out for the next book, and then next.
It's very difficult to believe that this book is Charly Cox's debut novel. It has everything that I look for in a book and then some. I'm extremely fascinated with Alyssa and cant wait to see what she does next!

Thank You, NetGalley, Hera Books and Charly Cox for an arc!
Quiet good if you like fast action crime but not a brilliant serial killer book ie the classic Silence of the Lambs. Loved the characters which hopefully will carry on in subsequent books from the author. Good storyline and all ties well together at the end. Given four stars on Good Reads.
Elevator Pitch:

Kiss the Girls with one deadly twist

Read/Skip:

READ

In one of my favorite thrillers of all time, the hero dies after 100 pages, knocking you off-kilter for the rest of the book. It's a thin line to walk, how brave a writer should be: protect the sympathetic characters, or raise the stakes and let them face actual consequences? When a writer follows through with a threat, you can get mad or get on board.
All my pretty girls is particularly harsh on one of its characters, and seeing that part of the story told from its perspective makes for a shocking twist when the fate is revealed.
The beginning of this book reminded me of Silence of the Lambs, where Bill's kidnap victim, is humanized by not acting completely defenseless.  When All my pretty girls gave voice to the kidnap victim of a serial killer, I immediately was on her side, rooting for her. Then I was taken off guard, and for the next chapters, I kept asking myself why Charlie Cox would choose such a twist. Later it became all clear. Serial killer stories are so overdone, to keep us afraid, you have to take these monsters and the story seriously. If there are no stakes, there is no tension. I got me on board. And All his pretty girls was all the more scary and hair-raising for it.
The pressure does let up a bit by the end when it delves into the back story of the serial killer; I am never a fan of too much exposition into the bad guy.  Scarier is to read about a victim trying to survive, then the reason why somebody became evil.
What I enjoyed very much was the relation between Alyssa and Cord, the team of investigators. They are an unusual pair; Cord is a knockout and a very decent guy. Alyssa is a materfamilias, highly professional, empathic, and determined. Their relationship feels comfortable, relatable, and delightful. I also enjoyed the family scenes interspersed with the investigation. Alyssa's husband and kids are all well-drawn.
The final plot twist, well, I am not entirely convinced by it. This whole story gets tied up with a very snug knot, almost suffocating it, but by then, I was committed. I would have been happy to see the book finished at its climax, skip the wrap-up. Still, I am very much looking forward to reading more about this compassionate pair of detectives.

The gist:

Alburqueque (!) detective Alyssa Wyatt and her partner investigate the disappearance of Callie McCormick. Soon Callie is found alive, and it becomes clear she was kidnapped, and the perpetrator had done it before. The man has a type, and Alyssa Wyatt fits the profile. So while she is hunting this monster, this guy may be waiting right outside the detective's door, ready to strike again.
Oh Ok WOW!! What a surprise!!! My heart is still racing!

All His Pretty Girls, is a superb thriller and the debut of Charley Cox’s new crime series featuring Detective Alyssa Wyatt and let me tell you it was surprisingly a very great read! The story was gripping, captivating and suspenseful and I can’t believe it was a debut! I’m definitely going to read the next story in the series. It is a bit hard for me to write a review without revealing much but I'm going to try!

Alyssa is not your typical detective as in most of the police procedural reads - she’s happily married with two teenagers which is refreshing since in most of the books I’ve read, the detective almost never is settled home. Alyssa hasn’t sacrificed her personal life for her professional one, yet something has happened in her past that still haunts her. She's working with her partner Cord and her 5 stars team in Albuquerque Police Department, trying to apprehend a psychopathic criminal who in turn has his eyes on Alyssa!

There are lots of curveballs thrown at you throughout the story and if feels like you’re on a rollercoaster, not knowing or seeing where all those twists and turns are coming from.
If you’re a fan of this genre (like myself), make sure to add this to your TBR list and move it up. It’s worth skipping the other prospects and a definite pageturner!

I would like to thank again the author, publisher and Netgalley for the advanced copy!