The Christmas Witch

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 05 Nov 2019

I tried to download this twice and ended up with corrupted files so I cannot review this book, it is only 1 Star because Netgalley would not allow me to submit without a rating, it should be zero stars since I could not read the book

Douglas C. Meeks - Amazon Top 50 VINE Reviewer, Goodreads Top 1% Reviewer, Reviewer for  Paranormal Romance Guild, Wicked Scribes and Kindle Book Review
Very cute. It is like a very slightly saucier version of The Good Witch but set in Australia. A little light on the plot side of things, but perfect if you are looking for a slice of life romance with a dash of magic.
This book has a sprinkle of Christmas magic in with some plant witchery to make for an interesting twist on your typical paranormal romance.

Mina is a plant witch and comes from a line of very quirky and strange witches.  They blend with their neighbors as much as some very interesting folks could, but they are forever making mistakes and having to cover their powers.  A group of evil witches in town, however, are blending in some bad and very wrong ways.  Mina, as ever the peacekeeper, is working at a local antique store, planning bridal activities for her sister's upcoming wedding, and trying to hide her attraction to her new temporary boss, Jadon.

This story had some hints of real romance, but was more of a mystery than anything else.  Some bad things are happening in Mina's town, and she has somehow become the only person who can stop them.  She's got to do this, of course, while still being in her sister's non-magical wedding, keeping her job, and balancing good and evil.  No big deal, right?  Ultimately, we get a Christmas miracle that saves the town and he relationship.
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Highly recommend this book to everyone. Can't wat to read more from this author.
Highly entertaining, emotionally thrilling, action packed and engaging adventure filled with intriguing charters, witty banter, exciting twists and turns..... was a great read from beginning to end. Really enjoyed this journey!
The Christmas Witch by Carla Caruso is a magical holiday read that is full of mystery, drama, and lots of spells. Can the magic of the season bring everyone together or will misfiring spells ruin everything? A fascinating story that you will not want to put down.
This is a story of a witch from a family of witches but there is one daughter who is normal.  Mina, a witch, works in an antique store and some of her “ powers”  are hearing plants speak and seeing auras around furniture.  This I liked.

Two main themes seem to emerge a sister’s wedding and a son determined to bring the antiques store into the present, including making a profit.

What wedding ever goes along according to plan?  Mina’s sister’s didn’t; untangling everything made for entertaining fun.

Fingering out about the spells that seemed to miscue causing death was another matter.  Getting the family involved in finding out what went wrong ended up in some interesting developments.

Christmas is mentioned a lot but not much Christmas is in the story.   The ending though is a complete surprise.  It was the best part because it is so unexpected.

I found the story okay, but not anything unusual.  It lacked  something as it feels choppy, not a smooth flow.   What I found most appealing were the unusual or unexpected aspects that just seem to happen.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Escape Publishing through NetGalley.  All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
I couldn't resist picking this up. The title, the cover, the summary. Sounds perfect.

The story follows Mina who is a witch and it is Xmas season. She is cursed to be forever unlucky in love. Her plan is to keep low and spread the goodwill. Well...with the arrival of her boss's son, Jadon will toss all plans array. He is a hottie, but he has arrogant plans to overhaul her antique shop.

This was a fun story. Short, cute, and fun. A little topping of cheesy. A perfect quick read for the season.

Poor Mina. I rooted for her!

Not 100% a fan of Jadon.

The ending was good. It made me want more! There were some lulls here and there, but overall I was hooked. I was curious to see how it was all going to end.

That cover is suppppper pretty. The colors and I feel the lady they got looks like how I envisioned Mina.

Overall, this was a quick, cute read. I would read more by this author for sure. I'll stamp this with 3 stars.
The Christmas Witch was an enjoyable story, even though the title is somewhat misleading, as there is very little Christmassy about this book. That said, I liked the characters, the overall world building and the fun and light-hearted moments throughout the plot. This was my first read by Carla Caruso, but I would definitely read another of her books.
I really enjoyed this book! The writing was fresh and vibrant, I loved the witchy/magical aspect, and the characters were great. Definitely looking forward to more titles by this author!
I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley, but the opinions expressed are my own.
I laughed, I cried, I got mad, but I really liked this book. The characters were well thought out, they meshed together. I think the Christmas theme was great. If you want to read a good Christmas read, this is your story.
The Christmas Witch was a good story, not so much Christmassy as the title suggests. The plot line was good and the characters were funny. At times the world was robust and full of color and at other times it was a bit one dimensional and monochromatic. It was hard for me to really connect with the characters but I enjoyed them and the plot line enough to finish.
An unusual Christmas story, well written and engrossing.
I liked the plot, the cast of characters and the setting.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
This author’s unconventional approach to Christmas reads has paid off. It’s a story fit for the upcoming season and has a marvelous plot line. It had me hook, line and sinker. 5/5 stars for a “not your average” Christmas story.