Cover Image: The Escape Book 2

The Escape Book 2

This book had such a COOL CONCEPT??!!!?!??!?!?

Imagine an escape room. Then imagine an escape room IN A BOOK.

Think that sounds cool? (Yeah, me too).

That's basically what this was.

It's kind of like a choose-your-own adventure book, but filled with puzzles, mysteries and brainteasers. It's so unique, and the puzzles were brilliant!

This title is super cool - if you like escape rooms, puzzles or anything in between, you're going to love this.
I used the Escape Room 2 book on a family trip. The puzzle wasnt too difficult, even for my pre-teen. It takes the concept of an escape room and puts it on paper. It almost reminded me of the Choose Your Own Adventure series. I could see this type of book becoming quite popular, especially if future books are aimed at different levels of expertise, maturity.
I received my copy through NetGalley under no obligation.
I'm a really big fan of puzzled, escapes rooms and all mystery things so i was really interested in this book. The concept sounds great and it could be really awesome but something wasn't right here.  Narrative was a little confusing and I think ebook version might be problematic a little. With physical book it might be more joyful and solving those puzzles probably would be easier.
I have no idea how the 1st book was like so I can't compare them. But like I said, main idea was interesting but puzzled should be a little better thought out.
As a lover of escape rooms and puzzles in general I wanted to love this book but I just couldn’t get past the first few pages.  Not sure if it would have been better read on a bigger screen but I just couldn’t get into it
The Escape Book has a great concept but the execution was very poor. Something must of happened with the pdf version.
I REALLY wanted to try out this book. I enjoy escape rooms and puzzles so this seemed right I'll my alley.
However, I was unable to complete this book for review fully because the pdf version that was sent does not contain the full map. This made the puzzles impossible to solve unless you simply looked up the answers.  I attempted contacting the publishing company and got no response. Also, the book claims there is a website for pdfs of the puzzle pieces in case they are necessary. This page does not exist. Good idea, poot execution.

Thank you though to Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book.
What a fascinating concept for a book. I enjoy puzzles so was intrigued to get a copy of this title. However I struggled through the narrative and found it dull. Very much a second thought to the puzzles. The true sense of achievement at solving this titles fiendish puzzles is nothing to ignore but I did find myself stuck at numerous occasions and never managed to solve theatre puzzles.
I don’t think I will be seeking out anymore of these type of books but it was definitely interesting trying one out
Hmmm…  Not so much hot off the press, but at least lukewarm, comes this first sequel to the original Escape Book, a book that kind of went against the description 'original' wherever you looked, if truth be known.  Basically you read as if you were a third-rate Lisbeth Salander knock-off, investigating some big bad economical wrong'uns.  Here you have a suddenly-invented protege, your boss's god-daughter of all people, who, with said boss at death's door, is suitably fired up enough to replace you in the hunt for some evangelical whistle-blowers currently hiding on the Dark Web.  The text, whether it be the original's fault or the translation, never really convinces that the author knows anything beyond having read newspaper supplements about the whole affair, but the literary quality is not really why we're here (especially if we remember Book One).  No, we're here for the puzzles, and boy.  The first is nigh on impossible without the clue section, the second impossibly easy, and the third relied on stuff that wasn't even reproduced in my ebook review arc.  Oh, and you know what, the fourth?  Does exactly the same.

Sometimes, I just don't know why I bother.
I was unable to download this book even after trying several different apps. From the description it sounded like it would be an excellent book though.
The mystery was dark and interesting and I look forward to buying it in hard copy and working my way through it ... if I change my answers it will be even more interesting to a mystery lover like myself. Highly recommended read.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this ARC.
A unique concept of a book, part game and part mystery. I wasn’t smart enough to solve any of the puzzles so I found the hints at the end super helpful. Reading this as a pdf versus a paperback copy was probably the main reason that I struggled, since flipping back and forth was difficult as well as not having a physical map to fold.
Has Potential, but better in physical format.

I'm a lover of escape rooms and was very excited by this book, especially since I adored the choose-your-own-adventure series books as a child. The premise sounded great, but unfortunately the PDF made it very difficult to follow along with the puzzles (especially since the inside cover is so pivotal to solving the clues), and it really took away some of the excitement. Even peeking at the hints and solutions, I think there was a lot of lost explanation in the book (perhaps if I'd seen Book 1 I may have been more familiar with the process), but for a new reader with no context it was very challenging to understand what to do.

Will look out for Book 1 in physical format and give that a try as the premise does sound very appealing to me
What a great concept! I remember as a kid there were books we read and you could pick your outcome. At each action point in the story there was a series of options and you would jump to that page to read how things turned out. This is such a great innovative spin! Locally, a restaurant hosts a dinner and mystery show. Diners heave a 3 course meal and actors will act out a whodunit type mystery show and diners have to work together to try and find clues in the show and actor interactions. It is such a fun time! Unfortunately I cannot go as often as I like, and given that they are real actors a particular scenario is acted out for a few months before a new set is learned. Escape the room entertainment is popular but sometimes it’s a challenge to get a group together this can be done at home with as many or as few participants are you’d like and without the added expense. This book is the healthy medium between the old school pick your scenario of action adventure theme and true interactive whodunit mystery theater. It is also a more affordable option and creative game night or rainy day activity when compared to escape the room venues.  This does not require a group - but it would be fun as a board game night surprise/innovation night! Rather than just picking a scenario it is more interactive working through the mystery and without having to wait for mystery theater you can go at your own pace. And pick your level of difficulty! how many or how few clues, its up to you! Very scalable, an entertaining read that will flex your mental ‘muscles.’ I LOVE THIS SERIES PLEASE PUBLISH MORE!!!!
You are trying to find the elusive Orwellians through a series of puzzles in Escape Book 2.

All of your journalism hasn’t stopped the dreaded Castian, the villain that poisoned you in Escape Book 1. Maybe the anti-governmental terrorist group, the Orwellians, can. After receiving an invitation to join them, you are still unwell from the poison so you send your young assistant, Janina, in your stead. With only Janina’s cellphone connecting your knowledge of puzzles with her, can she escape and convince the Orwellians to bring down Castian?

Most of the puzzles in Escape Book 2 use a map to solve. I have to say that I am “map-challenged” or really “geography-challenged”. However, I still believe that the majority of the puzzles are of an intermediate or advanced difficulty. If you read the first book in the series, these puzzles are definitely harder to solve.

Is this the same as a real escape room experience? No, of course not. First of all, you are going it alone. Second, you don’t really have a time limit. Third, there is no searching since the author provides you the clues. Also, a great benefit is that the author mandates the solving order of the puzzles. However, I think working the puzzles will improve your ability to solve live escape room puzzles faster. And it is definitely cheaper to buy the book than to attend even one escape room game. Overall, Escape Book 2 is a fun way to spend an evening. 4 stars!

Thanks to White Lion Publishing and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for my honest review.
When a super-speed reader doesn't have a car for a month due to a predatory car insurance industry, you can get a LOT of reading done!!

Will you get to the Orwellians before the Weinstein Club get to you? The clock is ticking…

Based on the global phenomenon of Escape Rooms, and following on from the international bestseller The Escape Book by Ivan Tapia, this book puts your ingenuity, wit and perseverance to the test with even more fiendish challenges, puzzles, and enigmas that you must solve to thwart the sinister Wanstein Club.

Investigative journalist Candela Fuertes is at rock bottom: her fight against Castian Warnes, the head of the powerful and sinister Wanstein Club, has undermined her credibility as a journalist, and meanwhile, she suspects Warnes is behind the car accident that put her boss in hospital. Corroded by the thirst for revenge, she decides to turn to the only people who can help her in a cause that seems already lost: the Orwellians, a group of hackers hell-bent on revealing the secrets of the rich and famous. In order to get to the Orwellians, you and Candela must follow their trail all over London.

The chapters of the book are jumbled up, and to know where to continue reading, you must solve the puzzles, optical illusions, conundrums and anagrams that you find. Each time you solve a puzzle, the number you arrive at will indicate the page from which you can continue the story.

I love the movie "Escape Room" (a guilty pleasure ... much like "Ghost Ship" it's so bad it's good!) and this book is really interesting.  I am not a great puzzle solver in general, but this was not too difficult for me - my autistic nephew got through it in no time!!!  The mystery was dark and interesting and I look forward to buying it in hard copy and working my way BACK THRO*GH it ... if I change my answers it will be even more interesting to a mystery lover like myself.  HIGHLY recommended....wouldn't it be fun to do this at book club and seeing where everyone's adventures took them.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "Social Influencer Millennials" on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it some great UK cheddar 🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀
I LOVED the idea of this... but literally the first page and I was like ??? code? what? where? Like it didn't make sense to me (maybe I was too tired to try and work it out)
the fact it was a PDF also made it pretty hard to work with as I couldn't easily skip back and forth to pages so unfortunately it's 2 stars for me
Unlike some of the other reviewers, I did get the English version of this book. I love escape rooms and puzzles, so I was very excited to give the puzzles in this book a try. Unfortunately, the writing/story wasn't interesting enough to keep me going. Also, it's very difficult to properly review a book of this type in a PDF format. Despite this, I don't think I'd like this book much more if I had a print copy. It just didn't hold my interest.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for proving an ARC.
I was so excited about this book but it is all in Spanish so I can't read it. There wasn't any indication it was in another language as the blurb was in English.
So disappointed I can't read it.
.... I would like to review this book * but I got the Spanish Copy =( and my review has to be 100 characters long at least!

From what I can see, the book looks interesting and I hope I will get the english version as well!