Claw Enforcement

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 Jan 2020

The Second Chance Cat Mystery series is one of my cozy favorites. I like the characters and the mysteries are always entertaining and fun to read. This time, a real estate developer drops dead at a fundraising event. Sarah Grayson and Charlotte's Angels (A group of senior citizen amateur sleuths) are on the case again! Who hated the recent real estate deals and planned developments in North Harbor enough to commit murder??

Elvis the cat is his usual sleek self in this newest book! Sarah is great as usual...but Elvis always steals the show! I like the quirky, fun characters in this series. Sofie Ryan always delivers a fun, entertaining cozy mystery! Claw Enforcement is the 7th book in this series...and I'm definitely eagerly awaiting #8!

This series is definitely cozy -- no graphic violence, cussing, sex, etc. Add in Elvis and his cat-itude, a dash of humor, and light, entertaining plots....this series is just fun to read. Simple, entertaining....and a cute, fuzzy cat. Perfect!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**
It's a light, cozy mystery for the readers of the genre. It being 7th in the series didn't really matter, as all characters are introduced and described thoroughly. The cat, unfortunately, doesn't play as an important role as I was hoping.
The plot moves along slowly and a lot of time is dedicated to describing various mundane situations, so for me personally it got too tedious. I wish there was more of a) the cat b) actual sleuthing. Otherwise, it will be a decent read for the fans.
While attending a fundraiser, Sarah sees a man collapsed and rushes to perform CPR, with the assistance of Nick.  They are unable to save him and are shocked to learn later that his death has been ruled a homicide.  While Sarah owns a second hand shop in her hometown in Maine, she spends much of her free time investigating unsolved murders.  While normally reticent of the other private detectives in town, a group of senior sleuths known as Charlotte's angels, she joins forces with them this time to solve the crime.  Mac and Nick are recruited as members which only adds to the hilarity and fun.  The mystery takes the group on a wild ride through town history and unearths some long buried secrets, sure to anger members of the town.
Sarah, Nick, Mac, and Elvis are a comical combination of characters that work well together to keep this series entertaining.  Elvis' antics and methods for "helping" with the case are something I always look forward to each time I reach for a book in this series.  The mystery was enthralling and moved at a quick pace.  Having Sarah join the members of Charlotte's angels in this addition to the series worked to dispel much of the tension that had built up over previous series, allowing readers to sit back and enjoy some laughs.  Overall I highly enjoyed the newest adventure featuring Sarah and Elvis and look forward to further stories in this series.
Sarah is at a fundraiser.  She sees two men argue then walk away from each other.  The younger one goes to the bar but the bartender won't serve him any more alcohol.  She gives him a cup of coffee.  He takes one drink and collapses on the floor.  Sarah and Nick run to him and give him CPR but he's gone.  Rose says he was poisoned but Sarah waits for the autopsy to be done.  Rose was right...

Berkley Books and Net Galley let me read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published January 28th.

Sarah feels bad because she and Nick couldn't save him.  The group of older ladies that meets in part of her shop start investigating.  She gets involved because she has relatives in that group and she drives some of them where they need to go.

They question everyone that knew him or had business dealings with him.  She's getting romantic feelings for Max but they are both busy and they can't even fit a date in.

When Sarah finally figures it out, it's a real shock who the killer is.  It's a good thing she has Elvis (her cat) to help her determine who is telling the truth and who is lying.
Once again, Sarah and her friends find themselves involved in the investigation of a crime. However, this time, Sarah has willingly joined in with her elderly friends' Private Investigation business, as they look to solve the murder of a young man. Town history comes in to play as many skeletons are rattled in the course of this investigation.
The 7th edition of the Second Chance Mysteries series is a relaxing read. The characters are excellent and will grab your attention at once. Elvis, a feline   adds much to the story.

Sarah Grayson attends a fundraiser and sees a man collapsed and she and Nick do CPR on him but we're unable to save him. His death is released a homicide. Sarah feels responsible for him and decided to look for the killer. She is join by Charlotte Angels, a group of senior citizens that have a detective agency. Nick and Mac join them.The victim was involved with a Construction Boss over parcel of land. How does the dispute effect the death? I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK AND SERIES.

DISCLOSURE: Thanks to Berkley for a copy through NetGalley. The opinions expressed are my own.
Sarah and her cat, Elvis, run an antique/junque shop in a small town in Maine. Sarah goes to a reception, a man passes out at the bar, Sarah gives him CPR, but he is quite dead. By the next day his death has been ruled a homicide and Sarah, as part of the Charlotte's Angels senior citizen sleuths  group, tries to solve the mystery. Sarah's love life with Mac is going nowhere, and she spends her spare time with Elvis, who also helps solve mysteries.

A light, enjoyable mystery in the Second Chance Cat series. The characters and their interplay are the best part. Not a bad story, but one of those that just goes along, not much happening, but a pleasant read.
The cat was cute and the mystery was decent, but not really beyond an average cozy mystery.  I wasn't inspired enough or curious enough  to go looking for previous books in the series.
I do enjoy reading about Elvis and Sarah. Sarah and the relationships between the members of Charlotte' s
Angels (who have recruited Mac and Nick to the team) is a fun one. They work well as a team, with their different strengths and so get the job done once again.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Sarah, who owns a second hand shop in Maine with her cat Elvis. administers CPR to a newcomer in town, whose death is later ruled a homicide. A group of older ladies, known as Charlotte's Angels, are determined to solve the murder. It's a bit of a stretch to think that everyone in town would willingly submit to questioning by a group of busybodies, but if you enjoy cat cozies, give this book a try. Thanks to the publisher and to Netgalley for this ARC.
Another light, enjoyable mystery in the Second Chance Cat series. A lot of the interpersonal tension is gone, as Sarah willingly joins the senior citizen sleuths in their latest case. Elvis the cat's role is rather muted this time, too. As usual, the characters and their interplay are the best part.

Smoothly written and pleasant.