The RBG Way

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 20 Oct 2019

The RBG Way is a great book and Rebecca Vivian did a good job. RBG is a fascinating historical figure and has done a lot for history and women.
This was an amazing read about an amazing woman.  I love how Marty, her beloved husband, was always there to support her.  RBG is a role model for all women and this book is a great introduction to her for anyone that lives under a rock and has never heard of her.
I liked how this book was structured, each section having a different focus. The book shows how badasss RBG is, but I felt the book referenced to other books/texts too much at times. Though it was a fun and enlightening book overall.
3 Stars for The RBG Way by Rebecca Gibian. I had really high hopes for this one. I was thinking this book would be a great break from my thrillers and suspenseful fiction. I have to say, I was pretty disappointed. This book had the right idea, but became very reference-y pretty quickly.

I thought this would be less about RBG's court cases and more about her grit. Some would probably argue with me and say there was an awful lot of mention of her grit in the pages of The RBG Way but there were so many quotes and referenced texts of other recent authors, it really felt like I was reading someone's research paper on RBG.

I must say, I did highlight a few passages that I liked. However, I lost interest quickly and was more interested in seeking out the other books and articles referenced than continuing to read this one. I liked Rebecca's' tone and voice, and did like reading about RBG's relationship with her husband, Marty. I was fascinated by the part of the book that discussed their love story, trials, and triumphs. I just couldn't stay interested in the case after case after case pieces in the book that continued from beginning to end.

If someone was looking for a good book on RBG that referenced lots of others, this would be perfect. And, I guess since Rebecca couldn't interview RBG for the book, she did the best she could with the data and information she had. It was clear that she spent a lot of time digging and putting pieces together. It just wasn't for me.
I was provided this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.
I'm no fan of RBG, but reading this book has given me a refreshing perspective for what this jurist is all about and how she works and thinks.  Thank you Ms. Gibian for this look at the world.
This book was not what I thought it would be. And the writing style drove me a little crazy, as it seemed a little all over the place, and hard to follow. I get what Gibian was trying to do but didn't really get there. I was excited as its RBG and love her so many I had too high of hopes, but just missed the mark big time.
I love RBG and all things RBG related so I was very excited to find this book. I could (and have) spent hours gushing about how wonderful RBG is and this book really drives it home. I will never tie of hearing how supportive her husband Marty was. I liked how the book was structured into different parts (ie the importance of relationships, how to be brave and fighting for equality), and the quick guide was very cleaver.  It’s a great introduction to an incredible woman.
Interesting read but not quite what I was expecting. More another woman's perception on the success of RBG than an empowering sort of book. 2.5 stars