Cover Image: SHALL WE DANCE?

SHALL WE DANCE?

What a beautiful book about sisters. I loved this book from beginning to the end! Highly highly recommend if you’re looking for a sweet story!
Shall We Dance by is a book I'm finding hard to put down in words. Was it beautiful? Yes. Was it insightful? Double yes. Did it have the right amount of romance? Triple yes. I mean, it was so much more than a contemporary romance. I am a dancer and everything about it just catches me. And it was seriously described in such an enchanting way that I couldn't help but get wrapped into it. What's more? It was like an entry point for various important issues that we face in our society. I was properly satisfied with the characters, the descriptions and how the plot turned out.
Awww....I loved this sweet story about these three sisters who find each other and decide to make a home together so that they can finally get to know each other.  Their separate roles as a police officer, a super model, and a dance instructor would tend to make the reader think there would be no way they could live together in harmony.  But they are not only sisters—they are sisters of the heart. This story focuses more on Shannon, the dance instructor, who is possibly the sweetest of the three and the one who brought them all together.   We also learn about their friend Jennifer’s story of recovering from fear and depression.  There’s clean romance in this story, but also a touch of suspense as Jennifer is being threatened by a stalker who has a grudge against her.  I’m looking forward to reading the next book in this series to see what happens next in the sisters’ lives.

Just a note:  Although it’s handled very appropriately, Jennifer’s storyline does include a violent attack against her.  Be aware of that before you read the book if this is a trigger for you.

Although I mainly review Christian fiction, this is a general fiction book.  It’s a clean and sweet storyline, but is not told from a faith point of view.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.
I really enjoyed this book. I thought that there were a lot of stories to follow, but it wasn't overwhelming and character development was amazing. I definitely will recommend this book to family and friends.
Shall We Dance is a fun romantic novel, the first in a new series, by Shelley Shepard Gray. I give this one 5 stars and highly recommend it for your Keeper Shelf. Shannon Murphy is starting a new life in more ways than one. She has a new Dance Studio and above it a new apartment with which she is going to share with two sisters she has only found out she has and they've all agreed to move in together for a time to get to know each other.

Dylan Lange is a cop who lost a bet with his buddies and taking dance lessons are the consequences. He doesn't get off to a good first impression with Shannon but as the lessons progress, they get to know each other better. Dylan has a sister who has survived a trauma and lives with him. She is trying to get out and live again--complicating his life and hers.

On top of all this, Shannon's new sister is Dylan's partner on the job. As you can see, the plot thickens. The dance scenes are sweetly orchestrated. I am sure you will enjoy. I received this one from Blackstone Publishing through Netgalley. The opinions expressed are my own.
Shall We Dance is a wonderful read. Shelley writes the most emotional and heart pounding books. I absolutely loved this book!
This is a cute, small town romance. There is good character development with the sisters as well as the romance. Very clean, heartwarming story. My Grandmother would love it.
This is book 1 in a new series, Dance with me.  It is the story of Shannon Murphy, 27 years old,  who has just discovered she has 2 sisters.  The three ladies decide to live together in the loft above Shannon's dance studio for 1 year to get to know each other.  Dylan has lost a bet with fellow police officers and has to take dance lessons.  He and Shannon become friends and she helps Dylan's sister rejoin the world after a terrible trauma.   This is a good first book, it introduces the reader to the town of Bridgeport, the main characters and their backgrounds.  Looking forward to book 2, Take the Lead.  I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
This was a very sweet romance that I enjoyed a great deal. The couple was wonderful together but my favorite parts were probably the dancing. I adore dancing and that was the highlight of the book for me.
I enjoyed this book but I’m not sure how to classify it. Normally this author’s books are Christian fiction, but there are a few words and circumstances where the main characters are drinking that disappointed me.. I would have a hard time recommending this title to our Christian fiction readers at my library.
Shall We Dance? By Shelley Shepard Gray is the first tale in The Dance with Me Series.  It is an extension of The Bridgeport Social Club Series, but Shall We Dance? can be read on its own.  I found the story easy to read thanks to Shelley Shepard Gray’s writing.  The story moved along at a swift pace and I quickly finished it.  I love the setting of Bridgeport, Ohio.  It seems that a friendly town especially with the addition of Shannon Murphy and her two sisters, Kimber and Traci.  Shannon took a DNA test and was shocked to find she had two sisters.  After the three of them connected, Kimber and Traci agreed to move to Bridgeport with Shannon who is opening Dance with Me.  The three sisters are sharing the loft apartment above the studio.  Shannon opens her dance studio and Dylan Lange is her first private client.  It turns out that he lost the fantasy football league pool which forced him to perform a penance (Shannon really did not appreciate that word).  Dylan must take five dancing lessons.  I believe his friends expected the teacher to be an older woman with white hair and thick lensed glasses.  When I began reading Shall We Dance?, I felt like I was dumped into the middle of an existing book.  I kept wondering if there was a prequel.  I liked the main characters (Shannon, Kimber, Traci, Dylan and Jennifer) who are friendly and relatable.  I wish the author had taken more time to establish the characters.  As this is only the first book, I am sure we will get more details on Traci and Kimber in their books (I am curious to Kimber’s last name).  While we do learn about Shannon, I felt details about Dylan were missing.  The romance between Dylan and Shannon started off nicely, but then it was shoved aside when a threatening note was left inside Jennifer Lange’s (Dylan’s sister) car.  Jennifer went through a horrific incident about two years ago and it devastated her as well as her family.  She is finally venturing out into the world by visiting a local bookstore, Backdoor Books which has a fabulous cookbook section.  I loved the descriptions of the cookbook area of Backdoor Books (reminds you of a 1950s kitchen).  I felt for Jennifer and I like how she handled the situation.  Jennifer’s story, in my opinion, should have been a novella on its own.  I felt the dancing and romance aspects of the story were neglected.  The parts of the romance that I wish were featured were left out (spoilers).  I did appreciate the epilogue that nicely wrapped up Shall We Dance?  I enjoyed the quotes on dancing before each chapter. There is humor sprinkled throughout especially regarding the sisters’ inability to cook.   There is also a puppy named Harvard who provides amusing and tender scenes.  It was nice to see the sisters connecting and establishing bonds.  They were getting to know each other after a lifetime apart.  I thought it was sweet and touching.  Shall We Dance? is an emotive story with revealed relations, a serious stalker, whirling waltzes, bibliophile bliss, racy rumbas, and scrumptious culinary creations.
This was a sweet small town romance centered about three sisters that find each other after the system separated them as toddlers and a newborn.

Shannan doesn’t know how she did it but she moved to Bridgeport, opened up her own dance studio and talked her two estranged sisters into moving in with her for one year, to get to know each other.

After they were separated and adopted out, the three sisters didn’t even know they had siblings until Shannon reached out. This part of the story was so sweet and heartbreaking. Each sister is was raised in vastly different walks of life. Shannon was raised as a single child to loving parents in a small West Virginian town, Traci became a cop after growing up in the foster system and the baby of the family, Kimber, a professional fashion model, grew up in the bid city of New York.

Watching these three form a close family bond with each other was a highlight!

While her new business starts to take off and Shannon grows closer to her sisters each day, she also meets Dylan. Traci’s new partner and the guy who lost a bet and had to get dance lessons as his due. Along with Dylan, there’s also his sister Jennifer, who was also a really great character. Would love to see her get her own story as this intro to her character barely scratched the surface!

This was definitely a slow burn romance that has the two MCs at a nice simmer from first meeting to the sweet conclusion.

Would I recommend? Yes. This is a clean romance (no smexy times) with heart and great family/friendship ties. Was very sweet and left me with feel good vibes all around.
Shall We Dance
The Dance With Me Series - Book 1
By Shelley Shepard Gray

Blackstone Publishing - February 2020

Contemporary Romance

Shannon Murphy was a sibling. It was something she hadn't known, and now not only has she found her two sisters, but all three of them were going to live together. It would be challenging as although they were blood, they were still strangers to one another, but it was also exhilarating. Having been a champion competitive dancer growing up, Shannon had now opened a dance studio in Bridgeport, Ohio. She worked on the first floor, and the three of them would live upstairs. Shannon was really enjoying what she was doing, which explained why she was a bit more than miffed when she learned her newest student was only there because he had lost a bet.

Honesty probably wasn't always the best policy if you were telling a professional dancer that you were being forced to be there, but Dylan Lange was able to encourage Shannon to continue with the lesson. And it was much better than he ever expected. It had definitely been good to smooth things over with Shannon, as their lives continued to intersect outside of dancing. Dylan was a police officer, and not only was his new partner one of Shannon's sisters, but his own sister, Jennifer, had made friends with her. This was an important step as Jennifer had been attacked and was only now venturing out into life again.

Shall We Dance is a sweet romance brimming with characters, relationships and love. I loved the idea of three sisters discovering each other and coming together to start new lives in a new town. Their different backgrounds makes each sister unique, but they are all equally caring. It was difficult to see Jennifer's setbacks as she struggles to overcome the violence of her past, but equally joyful to see her triumphs. Best of all was watching Shannon and Dylan work through their issues and come together. I really hope to see both of Shannon's sisters find heroes of their own.

Kathy Andrico - KathysReviewCorner.com
A wonderful first book in a brand new series by master Christian storyteller Shelley Shepard Gray!

For full review: go to the link below
Today I’m reviewing Shall We Dance? by bestselling author Shelley Shepard Gray. Thank you to NetGalley and to Blackstone Publishing for allowing me to read this advanced copy. All views expressed in this review are my own.

Shannon Murphy is a dance studio owner in Bridgeport, Ohio, and she’s currently renting the upstairs loft with her two sisters, Kimber and Traci. Separated as children and adopted into different families, this is the first time in decades that the sisters have had the chance to live with one another and get to know each other better. They each have their own backgrounds and personalities, and they each bring something unique to the loft. But over time, they also learn what they all have in common.

As the sisters’ relationship develops, so buds Shannon’s dance studio. Her new endeavor is a hit in Bridgeport, and Shannon finds herself busy teaching boisterous teenagers how to tap and couples how to samba and waltz. She often feels nostalgic for her own dance competition days, but being able to give back to her community and to follow her dreams simultaneously leaves Shannon with little room to complain.

Her newest mentee, Dylan Lange, is a police officer in town who recently lost a bet with his buddies—and his comeuppance is fancy dance lessons with Shannon. When he first shows up to the studio, it’s clear that this is the last thing Dylan would like to be doing. But he’s not one to back down from a challenge, and Shannon isn’t afraid to have her toes stepped on a few times if it means waltzing with the handsome—albeit slightly taciturn—man in blue.

As the dance lessons progress, Dylan’s dance moves aren’t the only things developing. The lythe dancer with the Southern twang captures Dylan’s interest, and he finds himself enjoying the dance lessons and looking forward to holding Shannon in his arms every week. His home life is a bit distracting, as he lives with his twenty-one-year-old sister, Jennifer, whose traumatic past makes it difficult for her to leave the house at all. But, as fate would have it, Shannon and her sisters have entered both Dylan’s and Jennifer’s lives at the perfect time.

I enjoyed this sweet romance. There’s always something wonderful about a drawn out, budding romance, and I always enjoy it when the characters are great flirters. Dylan has some pretty great lines, I must say! But I did miss a stronger tension and anticipation between Shannon and Dylan. This Hallmark-sweet novel contains many elements that you would expect—the obvious attraction between the two main characters, a picturesque setting, quirky second characters who push the main characters into hilarious or awkward situations, and a happily ever after. But the happily ever after felt a little too rushed to me, even for a sweet romance, which is why I’m giving it ⭐️⭐️⭐️.

The author tackles some personal issues in the lives of her characters, and I really loved the subplots. Shannon, Traci, and Kimber’s growing relationship was fun to watch, and I can definitely see how the author  is planning to make the book a series, each book focusing on one sister. The trauma of Jennifer’s past was treated appropriately, respectfully, and without fear, which is something I obviously like to see when you’re dealing with heavier content, even when it’s framed in a character’s past.

I expected there to be a heavier dance theme, and, while dancing was present throughout, it was only surface-level. This is by no means a dance novel, so make sure you know that before going into it. But it is evident that the author loves dance, and that she’s created Shannon with this same joy.

Overall, if you’re looking for a super-sweet romance, Shall We Dance? is a wonderful choice. It actually released earlier this week, so it’s available now!
Today’s technology of DNA, what a remarkable tool, not that long ago one we couldn’t even conceive, now lost family members are being found and secrets are being reveal. Loved how the author used this tool to bring three sisters together, and then they decide to live together for a year.
This is a series that I have read previous books in, and this is the start of a new one, but you will not be lost to read this one, it really can stand alone.
What a joy these sisters are, and so different, and love their personalities, and compassion.
We are given a bit of romance, a few new friends, and one new one whose life is being threatened, as we follow this family finding one another.
I really enjoyed this story, and it felt like something that really happened!

I received this book through Net Galley and Blackstone Publishing, and was not required to give a positive review.
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

3.25 Hearts This is the first time reading this author. But it is the first in a new series so I decided to give it a try.

I might have picked it up because of the coincidences. First one of the names (Kimber) is one of the coincidences but also, oddly, I just found I have a sister I didn’t know about… year, really!

This story is very much women’s lit. There is romance but with a “hero” I never really fell for. And there was a bunch in the story that didn’t flow. Somethings done off page that didn’t make sense. Which is why I say it is more women’s lit than romance.

Still on the fence.

Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
This book is a terrific start of a new series. Three sisters separated as toddlers and growing up in different states move into an apartment that Shannon has found in a small Ohio town. Shannon is disappointed that her first private dance student is only there because he lost a bet. The handsome police officer Dylan may have started lessons for that reason, but he enjoys the lessons and is charmed by his instructor. Dylan's sister Jen is still getting over the trauma of being attacked two years ago. Jen is started to venture back into life, but it might put her life at peril. I received a free copy of this eBook from the publisher. This is my honest and voluntarily given review. I really enjoyed reading this charming book. I would love to live in a small town like Bridgeport and visit Camille's bookstore and enjoy Jen's cooking. I found the main characters very believable. I love this sweet romance with a touch of suspense and I look forward to the next book in this series.
It was fun to read about how three adopted sisters find each other. Lost family members are being found with tools we’ve never had before such the internet and DNA matching. It’s a sweet beginning to a new series that has readers get to know these sisters as each learns about the other. They’ve decided to live together for a year in order for relationships to grow.

The author has readers along with the characters get settled into a quaint small town in Bridgeport, Ohio, with a great bookstore and a dance studio. This is a story about family, friends, making a home and facing deep hurts in unexpected ways. I’ve read other books by this author and have enjoyed them as much as this one. The only thing different in this book was the fact it had a few cuss words in it. I look forward to getting to know each sister as well as we got to know twenty-seven-year-old Shannon Murphy in this first book.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher, Netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Shelley is a wonderful author and she's another great storyteller! I've followed her ever since her first Amish book came out.
Her style of writing does tend to change a little bit. Of course it all depends on what story she writes too! I love it that she branches out and I look forward to seeing what she comes out with next!
I never miss any of her books!
This story really hit home to me. You see I have two other sisters out there somewhere too.
I've often wondered what they're like and would someday Lord willing I will get to me them.
Some this this story left me with strong emotions for this reason. It made me feel like I was missing out on so much!
Being raised as an only child got rather lonely.
Shannon has more guts than I do that's for sure.
It was fun getting to know Shannon and her sisters. Living together can be a blessing because you get to find out a lot of things.
I really enjoyed what this story had to offer. I felt blessed to be able to get to read this book. It left my heart feeling full as I imagined what meeting my own sisters could be like.
This is the 1st book in a new series and to me it's off to a great start!
My thanks to Netgalley. I was NOT required to write a review. NO compensations were received and all opinions are my own.