Cover Image: Postcards at Christmas

Postcards at Christmas

Simon and Cara have a daughter and out of the blue he proposes marriage.  She's surprised but says yes despite some doubts.  When he is injured in a bicycle accident and almost dies she must re-evaluate her life and decisions.  Now all she wants is for him to get better so they can marry.  I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
I enjoyed this short book. While parts of it does occur at Christmas time, I was disappointed because it wasn't really a Christmas book, but it was a nice, feel-good read that was lighthearted and fun. I will be reading the first in this series because I liked the main character, Cara. Recommend for someone looking for a short, easy to follow novel.
Postcards at Christmas is a sequel to another book by Clark, one I have not read but definitely intend to. It is more of a novella and can be easily read in one very quick sitting. However, with all of that said, there is a lot of drama in this little story! Cara and Simeon are planning a wedding when Simeon has a very debilitating bike accident. How or even, will they put their lives back together is the crux of this story. It is beautifully written, warm, tragic and wonderful. If you only read one story between and Christmas, make it this one. You will be glad you did.
This was a really cute, quick read, which I love at Christmas.  It did assume that you  had already read the book prior to this, so I was missing a bit of back story, but still enjoyable.  I am definitely going to read that!
Read and enjoyed this story in one sitting. I loved the characters and it was very easy to get swept up in the drama, trauma, heartbreak, and happiness. Highly recommend this endearing page turner.
The title leads you to believe Christmas is a significant part of the story when it isn’t really. This is a heartwarming story of a couple who plan to get married and encounter several obstacles along the way. It’s a lovely romantic story but lacks substance. I found it to be very predictable and found that disappointing. Still, a feel good story. Thank you to Imogen Clark, Net Galley and the publisher, Lake Union Publishing for an ARC.
I absolutely loved Postcards from A Stranger so when i was approved for an advance copy of  Postcards at `Christmas., the follow on from Postcards from A stranger i was excited to get reading.  The books are both easy reads and unputdownable.  I highly recommend both books, and I will definitely be reading more books by Imogen Clark in the future. thanks to the publisher and Netgalley.
This is one of those sappy and partially heartbreaking books. It was an okay read, I liked the characters and how it highlights living with clinical depression, but I wish the book was a bit longer and had a bit more depth to it.
I really enjoyed this book , it was a great story and the characters were very believable. Would recommend
A book which starts off as a happy Christmas read about a Christmas wedding... quickly turns into a family drama.
Written from the perspective of Clara, whose life and marriage is put to the test just as she was getting ready to marry the father or her baby daughter, and Beth, her best friend who is by her side throughout the difficult time, the book tells the story a Christmas proposal and the long and difficult road of Clara and Simeon's engagement.
Because who expects their fiance to be in a coma when he should be choosing a wedding cake?

"Postcards at Christmas" is the second novel in a series and some of deeper meaning of Clara's feeling may not have come through... but there was more than enough drama and interesting (flawed) characters to make me read this in two days.
Lovely festive read. It was a heart warming romance. It was a wonderful book to read. It was well written and flowed well.
I found this book to be an easy story about an British young couple as they toss the idea of marriage back and forth.  It should be an easy choice since there is already a child involved..  But, Cara questions marriage due to what her parents went through..  Add an accident and you have an interesting short story.  I enjoyed this book and will be following this author.  Thanks to Net Galley and the publisher for allowing me to read an advanced copy of this book..  All opinions are my own.
I have enjoyed all the books in this series so was looking forward to reading this. It’s a lovely follow up to the last book, postcards from a stranger. It’s an emotional read and was lovely catching up with the characters Cara & Simeon again. My only gripe is I wish the book was a bit longer. I recommend this book and series.
I received a copy of ‘Postcards at Christmas’ in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed the original novel ‘Postcards from a Stranger’ hugely, and read it probably 18 months ago, and I had high hopes for this novella sequel.

My first problem was that I had largely forgotten the characters and the plot of the previous novel. This was a downfall for me and I should imagine that if you read them back to back it will be a seamless transition, but personally I would have liked a brief recap at the start.

The novella was an easy and light read, with likeable characters but – to me – not very profound. What annoyed me most was that it was written in the present tense, from the viewpoint of different characters, and it read like a journal,  and personal diaries should really be kept private!

I’m afraid I found it over-analytical and self-obsessed with feelings.  I can unfortunately say that I can personally identify with much of the situation covered by this book, without wanting to give the plot away, and although it is an extremely hard situation to be in, without any doubt, reading about somebody else dealing with it was a bit tedious to me,  and the fact that the young daughter - who should have been Cara’s salvation and distracted her and given her much joy-  was largely glossed over throughout the novella, rang rather untrue to me.

The author  Imogen clearly has talent and seems to be churning out books at the moment, and I wonder if this need to keep producing new works (possibly under pressure from Publishers) is detracting from the quality of the finished individual novels?  I find her writing style veering towards modern chick-lit which clearly has a big place in the market, but is disappointing for a reader that prefers a slightly more challenging literary style. Sorry!

Amazon review link (under profile name Salsadirect):
I love books by this author they’re always well written and the characters are warm and likeable. I did slightly prefer the previous postcard book by Imogen Clarke which I’ve gave four stars too hence why I gave this one a three. Definitely a recommendation though.
This is a really lovely follow up to the book. Postcards from. Stranger. It was so lovely to meet up with all the characters from the first book again.
I enjoyed reading about Cara and Simeon’s journey through the happy and even the heartbreaking times.  I really wish it could have been longer but this didn’t take away from the essence of the story.
Postcards at Christmas is the sequel to Postcards from a Stranger which I have not read yet.  I had no issue reading this as a stand-alone.  But, I will definitely be picking up Postcards from a Stranger to read.
Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read and give my honest review about this book.
With thanks to Netgalley and Amazon for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

I enjoyed Imogen`s last book Where The Story Starts and gave it a five star review.  When I saw Postcards at Christmas was due to be released I was excited to read it.

Postcards at Christmas is the sequel to Postcards from a Stranger.  I never read the first book but it did not spoil my enjoyment. I instantly warmed to Cara, Simeon and Beth.  I can't wait to read the first book and discover the dark family secret Cara uncovered.

Although this is is called Postcards at Christmas, the story covers a 12 month period from Christmas day to Christmas eve the following year.  The plot was quite dark at times when Simeon was in intensive care and his descent into clinical depression.  The ending was perfect and left me glowing inside.

I recommend this story if you like Amanda Prowse.
I wish to thank Net Galley and the publisher for allowing me to  read an advanced copy of this book.  I have voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

This is an enchanting British story about a young couple and their daughter as they wrestle with the idea of getting married.  It is a short story and quick read and you will love all the people in the story.  It ends way too soon as I would have loved to continue reading it.  Grab a cup of hot tea and settle in for a special  book.  Just in time to be a holiday treasure.

I loved the name of the book.  Read it and learn why.

#PostcardsatChristmas#NetGalley
I loved "Postcards From A Stranger, " so I was excited to read this. It definitely didn't disappoint, I just wish it was longer. I loved getting reacquainted with Cara, Beth and Simeon. I wasn't expecting what happened and kept hoping everything would work out for Cara and her family. Would love to read a book centered around Beth, she definitely deserves a happy ending. A perfect read for the holiday season.

Definitely recommend the book, but not as a stand alone. So much emotion wrapped up in a such a short book. Great story with wonderful characters. Look forward to reading more books by the author. The cover of the book is perfect.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Amazon Publishing UK through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.