Christmas in 100 Words

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 19 Nov 2019

What are the words that come to mind when you think about Christmas? You’ll find many of them in this bright and colourful board book, that is comprised of perfect flash-card-style Christmas scenes. From star to chimney, snowman and carrots, this book is perfect for little ones wanting to spot all their favourite Christmassy things.

Sophie’s illustrations are lovely and diverse!! Each page features 10 Christmas words that follow a particular theme, including action and feeling words. I loved the two Christmas dinner pages most, the second of which features traditional Christmas foods from around the world.

This is a lovely advent or Christmas gift for a baby or toddler. I particularly loved this board book because it features diverse illustrations which can be very hard to find in Christmas board books. Definitely a book we will be going back to again and again over the Christmas season.

I am very grateful to the publisher for providing me with an advanced digital copy via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.
Such a gorgeous book, I thought the illustrations were really sweet and eye-catching. This would make a great gift for any child in your life this Christmas season!
The synopsis tells you more than you'll ever need to know about this short book of words. It's okay for very young children, I guess, but I found the illustrations a bit boring and I'm in no hurry to look at the book again. Setting off the action and emotion words is a nice touch, although I don't know if children from 1 to 3 are really ready to grasp the concept of verbs and mental states. My favourite page was probably the one showing Christmas foods from around the world; it might have been nice to see more regional variation in the rest of the book.

This was just okay. Decent, but nothing special.
Another lovely addition to the series, this time centred around our favourite holiday.
I really like the idea behind these vocabulary booster picture books - focus on scenes/ routines and present most common words to help a child develop their communicative ability. The book also introduces feeling words such as cheerful, excited, cozy to build up emotional awareness and intelligence.
The artwork is charming and child-friendly with its bright festive colours and smiley faces.
Thereare only 10 words per spread, so the pages do not look overcrowded.
Thank you to NetGalley and QED publishing for the ARC provided in exchange for an honest opinion.
This is a fun book touting words related to the Christmas season.  The cover is shimmering with glitter and the pages are strong and resilient making it perfect for little hands to manipulate. It  introduces wee ones to the fun and playfulness that they will experience throughout the festive season.

One hundred words are presented both in text and visually through holiday scenes that make the words come alive and enrich the mission of the book.  The illustrations are vintage style and the characters are adorable.  I like that there are diverse characters present and that the Nativity Scene is included.  The author adds not only seasonal items throughout the book but also feeling words and action words that are related to the theme.  Color-coded circles highlight them.

The book inspires a deeper knowledge of the world, introduces language skills, boosts vocabulary, and supports emotional intelligence.  Kids will love this interactive book that is not only entertaining but educational.  I highly recommend it.
Lovely illustrations, this is a nice little book to introduce students and young children to Christmas. It is Christian themed with mentions of the nativity, so readers of other faiths may not understand that part of the book.

Overall, a nice little book that celebrates a winter holiday.
Such a cute book! Perfect for young kids who are getting ready for the Christmas season! My kids loved reading it together!
Do you have a little baby in your family? Are you in need of a book that will fit them perfectly this holiday season?

Be sure to check out Christmas in 100 Words from QED Publishing.

Christmas in 100 Words is an easy book for the baby readers in your family. It features great vocabulary words centered around the holiday season. The vocabulary words are well-selected and many of them are also color-coded. The purple marked words represent action words, and the green marked words represent feeling words.

Each page of Christmas in 100 Words focuses on a new scene of Christmas. There is the holiday shopping scene, the Christmas dinner scene (complete with a snoring grandpa in the background), a manager scene, and many more festive views of the holiday. The scenes are designed in a very baby-friendly manner, and they are great universal themes for the holidays.

Other than the snoring grandpa scene, my favorite scene featured holiday foods from around-the-world. I love the inclusion of other country's celebrations within the book as well. I would have loved to have even seen more of this intertwined within the vocabulary choices.
Such a cute and lovely book... perfect for kids below 5 years to kick start their Christmas with learning new words . Colourful , clean and engaging ,it is sure to captivate its target audience . A fun way to discovering the most widely celebrated festivals of all times .
I loved this book and can't wait to read this with my daughter at Christmas! The illustrations were so cute and it was a great selection of words. I especially loved how they included things from different cultures and countries.
"Christmas in 100 Words" is a lovely and festive holiday book for babies and toddlers. The illustrations introduce young readers to various words that are often associated with specific holiday events, such as "Christmas Morning" and "A Festive Walk." I liked the inclusion of action and feeling words being used in each scene (identified by the colored dots).

I absolutely adored the illustrations in this book! In addition, I appreciated that the characters were more diverse, and I enjoyed seeing the variations in popular holiday dishes from around the globe in the "Christmas Dinner" section.
Superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

Tree, star, snowflake, elf, chimney, cookies, merry…introduce your little ones to words of the festive season with cute characters, bright colours, and playful scenes.

From decorating the tree to Christmas dinner and candy cane to a sleigh, this charming book introduces a range of different holiday scenes and objects. Along with the seasonal items, each scene contains one feeling word and one action word to spot, such as cheerful and ice skating—colour-coded circles point them out. With a glitter-accented cover that adds visual and tactile interest, this fun book inspires a deeper knowledge of the world, introduces language skills, and supports emotional intelligence.

An original, contemporary take on teaching first words, the My World in 100 Words series of board books helps children ages 1–3 boost vocabulary, engage with the world around them and become familiar with specific subjects. With bright, playful illustrations from Sophie Beer, each book explores a different theme, including starting kindergarten, the garden, and the seaside. With 10 words per page and variation between full scenes and visual lists, there’s plenty for children to look at and enjoy.

This is such a great book to read to the kids on the days coming up to Christmas - there are not a lot of words to go with the pictures (most of the books in the "100 words" series have 100 words under the picture) but it is a great storybook for younger kids. The digital copy, of course, did not have glitter for a tactile sense, but I think kids would love that as much as this middle-aged girl did.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "Social Influencer Millennials" on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🎅🌲🧝 ⛄🎅
This is such a sweet book for children to learn new word associated with Christmas. Its a great book for parents/guardians and teachers to deliver these new words to children. For sure I will be using this book with my daughter when she is a bit older.
RATING: 5 STARS
2019; Quarto Publishing Group/words & pictures
(Review Not on Blog)

What a great book for kids learning to talk or even read. I love the illustrations, and the words that are chosen.  The book is divided into scenes and with regular words there are also action and feeling words (these have coloured dots next to them).  This would be a great book before Christmas, or on Christmas Morning!

***I received an eARC from NETGALLEY***
This is an adorable Christmas themed picture book for toddlers. The artwork is cute and colorful. There are action words and feelings words, and shows different ways people around the world celebrate. Just a sweet little book that would make a great stocking stuffing.
Christmas in 100 Words is a lovely book for toddlers or young children. It is just as you'd expect, 100 Christmas words, but it is done in a very nice way. A lot of books like this tend to just have individual pictures for each word so I like how this book has some more thought out into it and has some pages with Christmas scenes and some with individual pictures. I think it's great this way as it makes it more interesting for the children to look at.

Each page has an action word, like eating, and a feeling which is a really nice addition to the book and it gives something to talk about with the children. The children liked trying to decide how they thought everyone was feeling on the page and what they were doing! I really liked how this book also showed some Christmas traditions throughout the world with the different foods as I think it's great to show children how all cultures are different and celebrate in a different way to them.

The illustrations in this book are gorgeous with so many lovely colours and a festive feel to the book. As always, the children were very excited to see Santa in the book. Whilst this book has no story it is great to get children talking about Christmas as so many of the pictures remind them of times they want to share with all their friends and gets them excited for Christmas and experiencing the joy of what's shown in the book. This is a brilliant book for toddlers, beautifully thought out and presented book that young children will love!
This is an adorable book for babies first learning to talk and identify objects. It can also be used for early readers to gain some sight words. There are no sentences, just colorful vignettes of scenes from the holiday season. They're very bright and will hold interest. I'll be buying a couple of copies myself!
I really enjoyed reading this book first to myself then to my nephew and he really enjoyed it along with the illustrations and vibrant colors!  I like to read for young children to educate them into new words associated with Christmas and the diversity the book presents, the book overall is a great presentation for children to introduce them into Christmas and showing them all different aspects of Christmas.
A lovely simple book. Just 100 words to sum up Christmas.  Lots of chance to evoke discussion with the children.  Colourful pictures. A perfect stocking filler for little ones
This was a cute and fun sight words holiday book that is great for emerging readers. The artwork is bright and there are familiar Christmas holiday themes. I loved that its showed the many ways that people celebrate Christmas. I loved all the words that are associated for all things Christmas, family tradition and holiday tradition. I definitely loved showing this book to my emerging readers. I think this is also a wonderful book with representation of a POC family. We don't always get to see this on sight word books so that makes this book even more special.