See These Bones

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 04 Apr 2020

This is a great story that keeps you hooked until the end. The characters are great and intriguing, would love to see more from this Author!
I could not put this book down! I love a good dystopian story - Think divergent meets heroes (the tv show). The book is written with the main character as the narrator telling the story to the reader. This style of writing was new for me, but allowed the reader to see inside the mind of the main character. This book is explicit, and for an adult reader.

I am going to need the second book to come out ASAP!!! Is there a date for book 2?

Thank you Netgalley for an ARC. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Thanks to NetGalley, I was able to read “See These Bones”.

The writing style isn’t one I’m accustomed to, so it took me a while to really get into the story. Occasionally, Damian -the main character- directs his dialogue towards the reader, which comes off as invasive as times.

Damian is an 18-year old with a lot of built up anger, and he doesn’t shy away from a plethora of curse words and sexual innuendos, much like any other teenager these days.
Don’t let that fool you, however. Damian is nothing like any other teenager, and neither are his classmates.

When it comes to the world-building in this story, a lot has been left to the readers’ imagination, and since the story on itself is pretty hard to imagine as is, the Free States stay a little blank. I’m hoping the following novels in this series will make up for this.

All in all, “See These Bones” has had me hooked from the first few chapters, and I’m curious as to what Damian has yet to learn.

Love love love was such a page turner from the get go.
-Damian is such a loveable character. I love how it actually grasps that he's just an 18 year old boy. He lusts after girls and his class mates make dick jokes.

This book tells of a boy who is destined to be a bad guy. Lose his mind and take people down when he does snap all because he is a Crow, but he is pretty determined to not turn out like his father. Who took his mother from him and left him to learn to fight and only depend on himself in an orphanage. Till a mysterious man comes and offers him a way to perhaps change his fate. After showing up not many people give him even a fighting chance because of the history of crows but as the story progresses he seems to start to think they might be right he might be losing his mind. So he makes a decision to break a rule and whether he follows through with it will define who and what he will be in the future.

ALSO THE END ! WOW
This is pretty good and has good pacing. I"m a little old for this one but mostly enjoyed it. The main character is likeable and it includes several interesting characters. The author has a good imagination, and I didn't find the story to be predictable.

I really appreciate the NetGalley advanced copy for review!!
While occasionally just a little too raunchy for my sensibilities, (read "i am old") I enjoyed this story anyway.  I very much enjoyed the satirical slant to the protagonist voice. I really will look forward to another book to see where this anti-hero goes next.
Such a great twist on the Superhero story!
I enjoyed this book very much and was taken by surprise with how wonderful and likeable the main character Damian is. As a Crow, he's a necromancer and the other students of his new school don't like him because of this as it's believed that Crows turn mad as they get older...

Damian's story starts out very fast paced and there are great side-characters as well. I also loved the way this school works and the unusual dean.
The worldbuilding is wonderful and the take on the superhero genre is fantastic.
More books like this one, please!

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this awesome eARC.