Cover Image: Midnight Mom Devotional

Midnight Mom Devotional

All this content was already readily available on their Facebook group. I did not find this helpful.
What a necessary read for all moms today!  Thompson and Pitts are able to know exactly what moms are going through and put it in words.  This book was an absolute life saver and I have told every mom friend I have to purchase it.  Many nights I knew I was getting nudged by God to read this book as it was just what I needed for the trials in my life.  Grateful for your words and time put into this book.
This is a great book for taking a little time out of your day to focus on uplifting others in prayer and acknowleding just how difficult yet rewarding being a mother is. I really enjoyed that the daily prayers were short but meaningful. Midnight Mom Devotional is a wonderful way to honor other mothers and reflect on your own emotions around motherhood.
This might be a bit of a “cheat review”, but I requested this book because I knew my best friend and single mom of two young boys needed some comfort.

I requested it so that she could read it while staying with me.

She has been struggling and feeling overwhelmed, because it’s not easy to raise two small boys all on her own.

So, I let her read this book while she’s been staying with me and she said she felt relieved and that it gave her hope and strength, and made her feel like she wasn’t “failing as a mom”.

She’s a very devoted and spiritual person, so I knew, I just knew, that this book would help her.

And after reading it, she immediately went on to order a copy for herself and for other mom friends of hers.

So, even though this isn’t a “direct review” from myself, it comes straight from her, and she’s giving it a full 5 stars, because she said, and I quote, “This was what I needed in this moment!”.

Extremely grateful to NetGalley, the publishers and authors for allowing me to receive this book and review it honestly.

#MidnightMomDevotional #NetGalley
I have read a few things from Becky Thompson and have enjoyed what I have read. I was excited to pick up another devotional book and have on my phone to read in bed at night. This one isn't formatted as well, unedited version I guess. And realistically, it's a short little idea presented and the sentence Today I am praying for... and space for the person to write in. If that's what you are looking for, then you have found it. It wasn't what I was expecting. Seemed a bit dry and empty..
I all too often just fall into bed and exhaustedly exhale my consciousness towards God, sort of a desperate plea for some sleep and a better day tomorrow.  This book has helped me be a little more intentional as I say goodnight to my Father.  Although the prayers are from a variety of perspectives and not all directly apply to me, they help turn my thoughts towards others I know, rather than just on my own exhaustion.

I do wish there were Bible verses along with the prayers so I could meditate on my Father’s Word as I drift off to sleep.

Some other reviews complain that they are just her Facebook posts, but that’s ok.  Authors are allowed to publish on a variety of platforms.  As for me, I appreciate a real book in my hands as I look for many more ways to live offline.

I gratefully received an ARC from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for my unbiased review.
This is a great devotional for moms. I started following Becky Thompson on Facebook after reading through this devotional. This book has some of her past Facebook posts plus new ones. I have purchased this book for a couple of friends as presents. I am recommending her book and Facebook site to friends.
A wonderful book of nightly prayers for moms. Each is geared toward a mom in a specific situation - age of kids, circumstances, traits. There is a spot each day to write in a name of a mom you are praying for. The prayers are short but meaningful and a nice way to end your night.
These prayers are great! So uplifting. They describe me to a tee! I will definitely be reading these often!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
All thoughts and opinions are my own
This book is so uplifting and spot on. There are so many times as a mom you feel like you are the only one going through something and others may not be able to relate, but the prayers of Midnight Mom Devotional show that we are all a little more alike than we believe. I also love that not only is a specific prayer included for each day but a scripture as well. I am so excited to be taking the knowledge and prayers with me into 2021! Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for an ecopy of this book.
I love this book. It really enables me to focus my attention on praying for not only my struggles but my fellow moms as well. I feel that every prayer so far has centered around topics that are so relevant in today's world for moms. This book is for all types of momma's and I love it. It's for the emotionally tired momma, the special needs momma, the momma with past hurts and hangups. I remember when I first saw Midnight Mom Devotional on Facebook and immediately connected to the message. I was so excited to be able to review this book and in my opinion, it's a winner. I will be telling all of my fellow Christian momma's about this book bc it is so good for the Christian momma who needs grace and love.
I am a mom of 5 with feet and 1 with wings. I love daily devotional books in general, but finding a good “mom” or parenting one is always a treat! I appreciate the focus this book brings solely to the topic of being a mom and my children. Relatable and well written devotions. Thank you NetGalley for the ARC!
This is a great little devotional/prayer book that would make a great gift for any mothers in your life. It's mainly geared towards mothers with kids still in the house but any mom could get some benefit from reading it. After each heartfelt prayer is a prompt to list who you prayed that prayer for so it prompts you to think of other moms who may be struggling. Most of the worries and insecurities moms face are covered in this book. I liked the index at the back to help you find what you need.
Thank you Net Galley for the opportunity to review this book for my honest opinion.
Love this book so much! It's so soothing to read at the end of a long busy day. I related to so many devotionals in this book! I also sent many of them to friends and family that came to my mind as I read. I will definitely be buying copies of this book for all the special moms in my life. Thank you for the chance to read and review this book!
What a wonderful idea for a mom's devotional book.  The concept of thousands of women wrapping other mothers in prayer is humbling and uplifting.  As a 365-day devotional, every category of mother is covered, from the mom of a sick child to the mom who is sick herself.  I plan to purchase many copies of this book as a gift for new moms and as a Christmas gift for moms of all ages who may be in need of comfort and prayer.
This is a beautiful collection of prayers and devotionals for each day of the year. The book is full of hope for all kinds of mothers. I highly recommend this wonderful resource.
I'm a big fan of Becky Thompson! I have read several of her books and they never disappoint. Becky is a clear Jesus follower and her love and kindness flows out of her book. I will admit that I am not always the best at praying. I struggle to find the right words to say, so this book of prayers is perfect my mama heart. I can relate to the midnight prayer sessions when you are up soothing a restless child, a sick child or nursing your hungry baby. The prayers are short and sweet, but that doesn't make them any less powerful. This is going to be my go to gift for new mothers.
I loved this book by Becky Thompson. She did not disappoint. I found this book to be hard to put down. It is such a gift to have this book of prayers, for many different seasons of life.
Received this through Net Gallery,thank you so very much! How did you know that I needed thus in my life right now? I'm a Mom of two son,31&34 and as old as they are,they still need prayers and they are still my boys! I accidentally found this,but I don't think so! God lead me to this book. I still wake in the middle of the night thinking of things my son's are going through or one of my friends or just children of the world! As we go through this virus thing here in the US and around the world,we need All the prayers and help from God right now if we ever did before! I believe more and more people will be turning to God,this is such a scary time and I hope the ones who do turn to God they stay there! This book will help you when you have run out of your own words. Even if you don't believe in God or prayers,I really think this book will help you see! Read for yourself,you will be so glad you did! It touches your heart that only a Mom can understand  even if  not a mom.. Thank you for writing this book,your writings touch my heart not like any other book I have come across in a long time.
Thank you to Netgallery for my free copy, in exchange for an honest review. I read the introduction, the first three pages and ordered myself a copy!! I have received three devotionals, two I’ve bought and one I didn’t. Out of the three, this one is by far the best. I really enjoyed it, and will make  use of it weekly no doubt.

The problem I’ve had with devotionals in the past, and from the three that I have received, is that they’re ALL too far leaned towards ‘religion and God’ in my personal taste. I am HIGHLY spiritual, at lot of you will know that from the ‘woo woo’ books I love to read. But I’m  in no way shape or form religious in the traditional sense. There is a  BIG difference to me, without offending anyone personally, I can’t conform to some of the ‘man made’ aspects of the Bible, and also I know the role that the Christian and Catholic religion played in the mistreatment of my own ancestors, and the transatlantic slave trade. So I won’t buy into it at all, for that alone, period. BUT I do believe in ‘higher powers’ and not one God. I found with this devotional to be just right in it’s approach with prayers, religion and God. In fact to me, there is not a heavy  emphasis  as I flicked through on ‘read this scripture in the Bible’ follow this up etc. It’s simple, plain, in non-religious language. Just one simple ‘prayer’ of well wishes and support for EVERY situation a mother and woman could face, no matter her life circumstances. There’s one for everyday of the year from January-December.

Like I said, I read the first week of prayers and well wishes for January and bought a copy, then I turned to my birthday and it was a lovey prayer for 14th February, and today’s date that I am reviewing this, also an equally beautiful prayer. I loved all these things about this devotional:

The prayers and well wishes- they are simply stunning, helpful, realistic and very uplifting and inspirational. They are short, sweet and even those like me who are non-religious would not be put off at all. I actually found a few very relevant to myself! Which was fantastic.

The community feel– this started off with one mother posting on her Facebook page  at  midnight simply ‘who is up and what are you worried about/going through?’ A flood of mothers responded and from then on, the devotional was written and every night women around the world follow along each night on the date relevant, with a ‘midnight prayer and well wishes’ for whatever subject or situation a mother could face in life, and interact on social media. I LOVE THIS It’s just beautiful and the thought of having an army mothers around the world supporting others with the ‘topic of the day’ makes me wanna cry! Lolz it’s so beautiful.

Overall, I think the idea behind this devotional is a fantastic one,  one that many woman could benefit from, it has been executed well into an actual book, worth the money and I love everything about it. I would recommend it for all mothers.  5+ outstanding stars for me, I can’t wait for my hard copy to arrive! Grab yours now on Amazon.