Cover Image: Single

Single

I very much enjoyed this book.  It has a good story and excellent main characters.  I would definately recommend this book.
Darcy hasn't had an easy time lately - her husband Joel dies, leaving her a single mother of two young boys, Harrison and Kane.  The secrets that she learns about Joel, though, are almost as painful as his death.  Darcy breaks and ends up in a mental facility and leans on her in-laws to help care for the boys.
As Darcy attempts to move forward in her new normal, she is with her boys at a park when Kane has an asthma attach - luckily a handsome doctor, George, is there to save his life.  Darcy and George, also a single parent, soon become closer and eventually move in together. But soon it becomes apparent that both Darcy and George are hiding some secrets that will affect their relationship.  And not everyone is their lives are happy with Darcy and George being together - his ex, her ex in-laws, etc.  Who can be trusted?  Who is telling the truth?
This book was so twisty and turny that I didn't know which end was up!  It kept me reading until late until the night until the very end.
Thanks to Bookouture, K.L. Slater and NetGalley for the ARC.
A fast paced thriller. Full of twists and turns and woth a great twist. I found the main character a bit too naive but overall, a good read.
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.

I always anticipate a good quality read from this author and once again I wasn't disappointed. Full of well rounded characters and twists and turns.
An amazing psychological thriller!!

Was hooked throughout as it had all these elements that i love in a good thriller!

If you are looking for a thriller that leaves you speechless  with its twists, this is it!!
Twisty and turny in a fun way, this one kept me guessing the whole time.

The quintessential Saturday afternoon read, it's short and easy to zip through with a satisfying conclusion!
"Single" by K.L. Slater is a fantastic book! There were so many twists and turns that kept me on my toes. Every time I thought I had it figured out it would surprise me again. I got through this one fairly quickly because it kept me intrigued. Solid 4 star read! I would totally recommend.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Who is one of your favourite authors? I can now say KL Slater 🥳 Think I’ve read 6 now and they’ve been bloody fantastic! I did not see this twist, well there were a few actually, coming. What. The. Fuk😱😠 can’t say anymore or I’ll spoil it but what a fantastic lot of characters.
A bereaved single mother who found out her husband had another life, , interfering in-laws, a handsome stranger who promises love but is not all he seems and a stalker ex girlfriend all add up to a few twists and turns and a decent read. Not my favourite K L Slater book but kept me interested just the same
This is my first time reading the author so I had no idea what i was going to expect. Since I am a huge fan of thrillers, I just thought it was going to best to jump right in and see why this author was so liked by so many different people.

The book starts out slow, but I think the build up works super well. I was just jaw dropped by the ending, in a good way. And I am so glad I was able to read this book because the ending made up for how slow it started out to be.

I did not rate higher since it seemed to take forever for a lot of things to start happening When that happens ina story, I have a very hard time to stay connected. But i pushed through and saw the book did improve a lot. Darcy’s a little annoying, but yet the book just gets so insane at the ending it is worth holding out to be shocked and like omg what just happened. This was what redeemed the book for me.

Overall, this was a good story and decent book. I didn’t love this book, but I would read more from this author to better understand the hype around her writing.
I enjoyed this book, full of twists that i didn't see coming. When Darcey's husband died she learns of his double life and how he had been living half of his life with her and their two sons and the other half with a woman called Amber. When her son has an asthma attack in the park and is saved by Charles, a well loved surgeon the two become friends which quickly turns into love, but all is not as it seems with George and things soon start to turn sinister. Quite a dark story full of lies and deceit. Brilliant read!
Single is another brilliant, gripping thriller by KL Slater.
Darcy is a single mother to two boys. She is managing to parent them well on her own, but when visiting the park with her and their maternal aunt, she is horrified when her youngest, Kane, has an asthma attack and cannot breathe.  Without his inhaler what will she do? Fortunately, George, a urology surgeon at a local hospital is also at the park with his daughter Romy. He rushes to Kane’s aid and assists.  Darcy is very grateful and soon romance between them flourishes.
But, due to both of their histories, the path to happiness is not without problems. Someone is stalking them. It does not appear that everyone is happy about the new relationship.
Will Darcy and George find happiness together? Will the stalker be caught? Will there be a happy ending for the two families?
A brilliant read with many twists and turns as one expects from KL Slater.
Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and the author for a Kindle copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Single is a twisty thriller that will leave you pretty satisfied.  In it, we meet Darcy a single mother whose son has a bad accident on the playground.  Everything stops around her until Dr. George rushes over and saves her son.  What starts out as gratitude turns into something much deeper?  Soon Dr. G and Darcy are making plans for the future and forging a blissful life together.  Or are they???
Just as things are progressing we meet Opal, a woman from Dr. G’s past that can’t seem to let go.  Are her intentions with Darcy good or evil?  Can she stop Darcy from making a mistake that can put her and her children in danger?
Single was the first book I have read by KL Slater.  The premise was good, but the book didn’t grab me right away.  There were thriller elements in the plot, but I think the thing that hampered my feelings was the fact this was yet another “helpless, somewhat naive” protagonist that moves quickly into a strangers home and is then surprised when he turns out to be a psycho.  I know this is a work of fiction, but the story line was at times a bit thin for me.
A totally gripping story about a woman widowed with two kids who has suffered hardship....she meets someone...it seems perfect...but there seems to be someone lurking around intent on ruining it! Couldn’t put it down!!
Fantastic book! So many twists and turns! Every time I thought I had it figured out it shocked me again! Read this in less than 24 hours, just couldn't put it down. Finding it very hard to review without spoilers.....just read this book!!
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC. Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC. Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC.
Darcy struggled after the loss of her sons’ father so for a short while, his parents and sister took custody of the children to help her progress in her recovery. Now Darcy is better and living on her own along with the boys. One single incident occurs in the park and throws everything into disarray for a short time. However, thanks to George things do not progress to a point where they are irreversible. As it turns out, George is a handsome doctor, and Darcy decides to follow up with him in order to thank him for his heroic efforts. One thing leads to another, and before you know it, Darcy and George are seeing each other. Some people are not happy with this turn of events, though, and things begin to become even more interesting as these parties work to promote their own agendas and change the course of Darcy’s life forever.

K.L. Slater does not disappoint in this thriller. There are many twists and turns to keep you riveted and turning the page, as more and more is revealed with each chapter. Who is against Darcy? Who can she trust? There are many secrets that affect the lives of everyone involved in this story. Though I felt the beginning was a bit slow, the book does not disappoint as it ramps up. Before long, I found myself rooting for Darcy and the boys and angry at those working to derail her recovery and sense of self. All in all this is a good read. Thank you to NetGalley, the author and publisher for the opportunity to review this book.
Wow, what a thrilling read!  I am also single, so I could identify with a lot of the issues Darcy had with a new man in her children's life, and a lot of my own insecurities were also reflected! Highly recommended.
This is another cracking read from Slater. I loved it from the start, there was not a dull moment in this well paced book.
Another fantastic thriller from Ms Slater. The story is very fast paced and full of disturbing deception and a few good twists that I didn't see coming. It's a complex story and has lots of characters to really add to the complex story. However, the story is easy to read throughout.