Cover Image: How to Embroider Almost Everything

How to Embroider Almost Everything

An absolutely adorable reference for simple, doodley embroidery patterns. The style is cute and clear, and the patterns are well organized and easy to read.

I'm always looking for small motifs to put on random things, and this is going onto my reference shelf, for sure. Everything from plants to dinosaurs, people to monsters, and decorative elements to dogs.

Absolutely worth picking up if you like simple surface embroidery and want some fun doodles to play with.
I received an advanced digital copy of this book from the author, publisher and Netgalley.com.  Thanks to all for the opportunity to read and review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.

This book is, in a word, wonderful!  It takes the mystery out of embroidery and makes it simple, and more importantly, fun! A great book for crafters of all ages and experience levels.

5 out of 5 stars.  Highly recommended.
It is amazing to see how many people are into embroidery today. Just search Flosstube on Youtube. How to Embroider Almost Everything follows Quarto Publishing Group's other excellent books in tailoring the material for beginners yet also making it an encyclopedia for intermediate and advanced learners. The crisp layout of the pages leaves a reader able to glance easily between steps and the project being worked on.

As a volunteer reviewer, I received a copy of this book through NetGalley. My reviews are wholly my own and made without obligation to any entity. #HowtoEmbroiderAlmostEverything #NetGalley
Quarto books are just the best--gorgeous images + great instruction from experts. I'm never disappointed by this publisher.

This is an excellent embroidery book. It has many motifs on a variety of themes, not only with templates but also in finished images for us visual people who like to see everything in front of them. I am enchanted and hope to find time to try many of these designs. Thank you to the publishers, the author, and NetGalley for the chance to review this book!
Super cute! Detailed instructions that make me want to get my craft on! I’m looking forward to trying some of the ideas from this book- grateful for pictures to compare and guide my work! Thanks :)
What a fun book!  Easy instructions, cute patterns. I usually do counted cross-stitch, but these look like so much fun that I plan on stitching away too.
Thanks for netgalley for an advance copy of this book for an honest opinion.
Very cute book. I didnt know you could do so many complicated figurs in sucha  simple, colorful fashion. Great skill for someone to learna nd relax with without taking too much time. Easy to follow visual instructions.
This is a great instructive house to modern embroidery for just about anything. Handy helpful tips for different stitches and a cute and quirky style of embroidery for new textile artists and experienced needle wielders alike!

Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the chance to read an advance digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
This is a really creative, inspiring and engaging sourcebook of embroidery designs from play items to animals, and plants to things around the house. It guides you through the steps for considering the types of threads, hoops, fabrics and, of course, a range of stitches. I would highly recommend this book for anyone with an interest in stitching.
Adorable and charming designs that make embroidery look easy. AND it is easy, sometimes, we just need the inspiration to get us going. I started in a very disciplined world where the stitches were "just so" and "started in x direction." As a child, I didn't think freestyle embroidery could be a viable direction. Wish I had this book when I was young. I liked this book and recommend.
I seriously love this book. The designs are so adorable, and the how-to stuff at the beginning is very helpful, especially the bit about stitching on different types of fabric. This is a great resource for any stitcher, from beginners to experienced embroiderers, and will serve as inspiration to create one's own designs as well.  I'm still pretty sure French knots were created by Satan, but I may try them again using the technique in this book, which is a little different from what I've seen before. The only problem I have with this book is trying to decide what to stitch first- those flowers! And the space stuff! The monsters! The paisleys! How will I choose?!?

#HowtoEmbroiderAlmostEverything #NetGalley
A good, fun book to encourage anyone to try embroidery. While traditional embroidery seems very old fashioned and you are left with a picture you don't know what to do with, the designs in this book can be added to clothes, scarves, baby clothes etc. The book has lots of different designs on different topics and instructions on basic stitches. Anyone wanting to start a new craft can have a go and get fast results.
I love this book.  I sew a lot and like to embellish some of my work. These motifs are easy to learn to embroider and it is satisfying to complete. I use these on quilts, bags, etc.
many thanks to Quarto Publishing Group and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Great started book to learn how to embroider. The patterns are perfect for t-shirts, bag, hats, bibs...the list goes on! Simple stitches and easy to follow instructions. The book is also perfectly sectioned so you can always find what you're looking for again.
This guide was super helpful, and I really enjoyed it. As a total novice, I found the information in here really good, and I was able to follow along with no trouble at all. All round great book, which has definitely helped me with my embroidery skills!
How to Embroider Almost Everything is a great book for beginners and embroiderers alike. It has great descriptions at the beginning of the book for all of the stitches you will need for the patterns in the remainder of the book. The patterns are adorable! This is book has definitely elevated my embroidery and has given me many ideas for new pieces. Highly recommend.
This book showed the basic stitches for embroidering and how to get started. It also had a loads of really cute ideas to begin with plenty of templates to follow.

Each double page has a colour photograph of the finished stitching alongside the design with the DMC colours used, but doesn't state which stitch should be used - that you need to decipher that from the picture.

There are the following motifs to create:
- Plants
- At Play
- Celebrate
- Weather and Skies
- Letters and More

I thought the motifs on the front cover look like a child has done them, whereas the designs inside are much more artistic.

I received this book from Netgalley in return for a honest review.
Disclaimer:  I was provided with a digital copy of this book by NetGallery, in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I loved this book with fun sketches to embroider.  My absolute favorites were the flowers, paisleys, drinks, and the borders.  Be warned:  this is not glamorous embroidery.  It is simple sketches....but oh so fun.

I will definitely be buying myself a copy of this gem.  I have never seriously tackled embroidery, but this might propel me to do just that.
***Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***

An easy to follow guide to embroidery. I liked the way the book was set up and will definitely be practicing my stitches.
This is an easy to read and easy to understand primer for beginners. II explains briefly what are the best material and threads. The advice how to deal with difficult fabric is useful. What I liked most is how simple stitches can result in  very creative patterns. The big selection of patterns in various categories are great for later uses. This book is a keeper.