Cover Image: Jackie, a Boy, and a Dog

Jackie, a Boy, and a Dog

Uplifting and Inspirational Memoir
This is a wonderful memoir! It packs a seriously uplifting punch for a short and sweet read. It is a wonderful look back into our shared easy childhood of the early 1960s. I could relate to the dog portion of the story as well. I was also in the 'I wanna dog' whining stage in those years. I don't know how my parents managed to keep the essay contest from me, but they did. The Jackie part of the story is most heartwarming. She was such an American icon. The religious aspect of the story is also spot-on. It is wonderful to hear that the author and his wife have led God blessed lives of service. It is also refreshing to see the author's faith both anchor him and lead him. His Dad would be so proud! I would love to hear more about his life after Jackie. He is a gifted writer with an interesting story to tell. I would read a memoir about his years in service dealing with natural disasters all over the world. I received this ARC book for free from Net Galley and this is my honest review.
What a fun, enlightening read. I am a dog lover at heart and any beautiful story of a love between a dog and an owner fits well in my book. It was an honor to read this book written by a friend and being able to hear his heart both for the dog and for Jesus Christ. Live the life Jesus gave you with your whole heart! Never underestimate the influence you have.
If you ever find yourself wondering about God's provision for your life, take time to read Jackie, a Boy, and a Dog.  It will restore your faith in God and in your fellow human beings.