Cover Image: THE MANOR HOUSE MURDER

THE MANOR HOUSE MURDER

Monica Noble and her husband and local vicar, Graham, are invited to a church conference held at a manor house hotel in their village. An ambitious female cleric, Celia Gordon, dies during dinner, seemingly of a peanut allergy. But Chief Superintendent Jason Dury discovers that it's a case of murder. And Monica's husband is the prime suspect.

Other suspects include an eminent bishop, an archdeacon opposed to female clergy, and his wife, the curator of a local museum. Monica takes it upon herself to find out who killed Celia and thereby free her husband from suspicion.

This is the 3rd book in this cozy murder mystery series, but can be read as a standalone. It's a very enjoyable, easy read, with a well thought out mystery. I give it 4 atars. Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher, Joffe Books, for providing me with an ARC of this book.
Faith Martin has weaved an entertaining tale in this typical English village cozy mystery! The main character, Monica Noble, is an engaging Vicar's wife who finds herself in the middle of yet another murder mystery. I really enjoyed this setting and the mystery was well planned. I hope to read more in this series.
The manor house murder by Faith Martin.
This is  book 3 of the Monica Noble series.
I really enjoyed this book.  Great story.  I do like faiths books.  4*.
This ones the third book in a series. Unfortunately I didn't know that when I requested for this one.. but once I started reading this it wasn't so bad. It's not bad as a standalone as well. I quite liked the plot and the storyline. I'm surely picking up the first two books soon.
Monica is the local Vicar's wife and amateur sleuth. Her husband Graham is invited to a conference where one of the female Cleric's is found murdered. The victim is not popular and there are plenty of people who have a motive to kill her. Graham knew the victim many years previously and both he and Monica are potential suspects. Monica decides to investigate whether her friend the local policeman wants her to or not!

A good , well paced book with likeable characters.
Monica Noble is once again in the middle of a murder investigation.  There are many suspects including her husband Graham and whilst trying to clear his name Monica comes close to being victim number two.  A great who done it.
This is book 3 in the Monica Noble Detective series. It can be read as a stand alone as I missed the previous books.  Vicarage murder and Flower Show murder.  I'm going to get them to see how Monica and her husband, Graham met.  He's the vicar for several small British towns and they are attending a conference for the church.  When Celia, a woman vicar is murdered the conference takes a sinister twist.  A good murder mystery that is slightly more than a cozy but not terror /intrigue.  I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Faith Martins latest drew me right in.Her cozy thrillers always keep me reading late into the night.Wonderful characters well written story line her books are a favorite of ours.# netgalley #joffeebooks
Not my first time reading Faith Martin.  Always interesting, well written, well developed storyline with good characters.

A good mystery thriller, captivating and entertaining, it keeps you turning the pages until the end.

ARC received through NetGalley.  This is my honest review.  All opinions are my own.
Review for 'The Manor House Murder' by Faith Martin
Read and reviewed via NetGalley

STORYLINE FROM AMAZON (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

THE WEEKEND TURN MURDEROUS Monica Noble and her husband Graham, the local vicar, are invited to participate in a high-flying church conference being held at a swanky manor house hotel in their village. At the Saturday night dinner, the ambitious female cleric Celia Gordon tragically dies, seemingly of a peanut allergy. But when Chief Superintendent Jason Dury arrives on the scene he quickly discovers that it's a case of murder. And Monica's husband is the prime suspect.

REVIEW

I really enjoyed this murder mystery novel. I thought it was very well written and the storyline was very interesting.

The characters were all very strong and believable but I did struggle at the start and got confused a couple of times as there were quite a few characters. However, this is to be expected really in a murder mystery as otherwise it may be too easy to work out who the killer was. The personalities were so strong that I found myself wanting to strangle a few characters myself 😂

There were a few twists and turns and I didnt suspect the killer myself, well, everyone really was suspects but they wouldn't have been on the top of my list!! I like that the author wrapped up all the mini mysteries explaining everything as, for me, there's nothing worse than a book ending and you still sit there thinking but what about x, y or z???

I personally wouldn't have been able to solve who did it especially when the reasons for doing so were given as I didn't even pick up on the clues that led to them getting caught.

The book included suspense, murder and mystery (worried if it didn't), and in some places I'd classed it as a thriller. I would recommend to fans of all the above and would definitely read more of the authors books.

Although this is the third book in a series I read it as a standalone and had no problems doing so. Any characters or events from previous books are explained with the information needed

I enjoyed the fact that this book is based on the UK (as am I) and think that the surroundings and environments were described very well making me be able to 'see' myself in the book

Overall I rate this book 4/5 on Goodreads and Amazon (I enjoyed it).

Free on kindle unlimited
£1.99 for kindle version

#TheManorHouseMurder  #NetGalley
The 3rd book to feature Monica Noble, the vicars wife and also amateur sleuth! She is a mother to a teenage girl as well as the wife of the vicar who is step dad to her daughter and she is capable of finding information that even the police have no idea of! Her fiestiness and stubborness are attributes that aid the sleuthing for sure! The local villagers could probably do without her probing I am sure!
I have read a few of Faiths books and every single time, with this book being no exception I get lost in Monicas world. You are drawn in and not let go off until the last sentence! Really recommend this if you love cozy mysteries.
Give me all the thrillers, that comes with murder of course. Although I haven't read the other books in this series but this was so good and standalone.
A good read for the winter days
I can always count on Faith Martin to give me an entertaining read while I'm trying to solve the mystery before the reveal.  Her cozy mysteries are a favorite of my group.  Excellent set up  and an interesting group of characters.
Unfortunately I was unable to finish this. The book held promise at first but quickly went downhill for me. At 30% completion, still no one had been murdered. Add to that the string of moving people. I found it difficult to keep the multitude of characters and their associated story lines straight.
A satisfying cosy murder mystery, thoroughly satisfying twists and an unexpected solution!

Life at the vicarage is more eventful than one might expect!
I don’t know if this book belonged to the cozy mystery genre, but this ecclesiastical mystery regaled me with insights into the church system as well as possible wrongdoings, misconducts, not to mention power struggles which may or may not be rampant yet well hidden beneath the surface.

Everything about this book felt very refreshing to me like a breath of fresh air. Knowing nothing about the ecclesiastical system, the titles, ranks, and names did indeed confuse me a little yet once I got the character dynamics down pat, I got to navigate myself through the book no problem.  This is the third book in the series and I haven’t read any of the previous books (as usual), but I didn’t have any problem reading this book. This can totally work as a stand-alone.

The author wove a very solid, entertaining murder mystery imbued with a rustic, unassuming, small town vibe. The characters are all well fleshed out even down to the secondary characters, and the superficial, sycophantic yet biting exchanges are jumping off the pages, adding a lot of intrigue as well as establishing a solid foundation of the story.
The execution was so nice that I didn’t feel sad at all when the first murder happened, this makes me look evil though.

In my eyes, the development until the first murder was so strong and engaging but the ensuing part - the investigative part - came across a bit lackluster and rather monotonous. The hints and allusions are thrown in and the mystery is complex, but none of the hints or evidence is conclusive hence the investigation hits a dead end and I found myself just along for the ride, kept turning pages wondering if this would end up underwhelming.

It all changed when the story hit the last 10% mark. Monica Noble, a wife of a local vicar has an uncanny flair in nailing down suspect(s) and has supposedly solved the previous two cases. Obviously (as the series title suggests), this book is no exception and she plays an integral role in wrapping up the murder mystery and leading us to the real culprit.
While the process of her reaching the conclusion was not detailed nor described at each point the story, it is well explained in Monica’s monologue recounting her thoughts to the police. I must say it made perfect sense and I had to nod my head in approval.

That’s of course not the end of the story. A mad rush of pursuit of the culprit ensues, the tension and suspense here is absolutely noteworthy, getting me hooked on adrenaline, making it hard to put it down.

The overall pacing is solid and steady, the tension that I mentioned earlier totally made up for the lulls in the middle that I felt.

More than anything, the Nobles are a really nice team. Monica and Graham love and trust each other, and I particularly adored they fit in the community so well with Graham being compassionate and genuinely honest and Monica playing a humble vicar’s wife role nicely. She doesn’t stand out too much nor being obnoxious, I haven’t come across many mystery books whose protagonists don’t ruffle my feathers, and I can praise this solely for that.

All in all, The Manor House Murder is a strong read with a traditional, what I think Agatha Christie-ish vibe attached to it.
This is my first book from Faith Martin but certainly won’t be my last. I’m inclined to go back to the first book and follow the entire series!

4 stars go to this book and I thank NetGalley and the publisher for generously providing me with a copy in exchange for my honest, unbiased review.
A good entry in the light crime genre. Most of the characters were believable and the story followed a credible plot. Well worth a read.
Another gripping and intriguing one from Faith Martin, where the plot thickens as a murderer with a devious mind mingles along with the elite of the churches. A mystery with an unusual cast where the Bishops and their wives along with the reverends and vicars and their wives show their weakness and flaws. This has been an enjoyable read.
Murder at the Manor House is the 3rd installment of Faith Martin’s Monica Noble series, also the first one I’ve ever read. It tells the story of a murder during a conference of clergy being held in the same town as the main character, Monica Noble, and her husband, the town’s Vicar, Graham Noble. During the conference, one of the vicars is killed and many of the fellow vicars who, despite their line of work, had motive to harm the victim. The murderer must be found before they kill again and the Nobles are in the thick of things as they, too, are among the suspected.

A wonderfully-written story, the one thing that stood to me the most was how much of an Agatha Christie-esque feel the writing had. With a large number of characters, Martin skillfully weaves their backgrounds and personalities together in such a way that the reader is just positive they know “whodunnit” but then is absolutely surprised at the end when all the clues are brought to light to reveal the true killer. It was wonderful and I couldn’t put it down because I just had to know what happened next!

This mystery stands well enough on its own as a stand-alone story, so any reader can jump in without feeling like they’re missing anything. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book despite not already having read the first two books in the series but look forward to going back and reading the first two as well as other series by Martin.

I read this book as an ARC from NetGalley and am voluntarily writing an honest review.
Faith Martin has established herself as one of my favourite writers. I love the light touch she brings to her cosy crimes and this book was no exception. Well written, with rounded characters, I have no hesitation in recommending this.

Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.