Cover Image: Stolen Hearts

Stolen Hearts

Stolen Hearts, a 4.5-star read for me, is the third book in the Women of HEARTS series and the second that I've read. This book tells the tale of Dean Campbell, a graphic designer, searching for his 19-year old sister, Mandy, who disappeared from college. Dean and Mandy's mom recently lost her battle with cancer, which threw the siblings for a loop and might have contributed to Mandy feeling a bit lost. After a couple of months of trying without success to locate his sister using normal channels, Dean hires HEARTS Investigations to find Mandy. Alexa Rodriguez is the private investigator assigned to her case. Alexa is very empathetic to Dean because her younger sister Lanie disappeared 12-years ago and remains missing so they start with that in common.

Alexa makes immediate progress in locating Mandy and discovers that she has fallen into illicit drug use and sexual exploitation. Dean is an active participant in the investigation and working together they are able to bring the case to a close in a very short period of time. Dean's and Alexa's relationship quickly blurs the line between professional and personal, and there are some very well-written (and hot) intimate moments along the way. The heat is not reduced by the tasteful way in which the author writes those scenes. (Nice job Ms. Bolden.) Other pluses include catching up with characters from previous books including Holly, Jack, Tika and Sam. There's a special moment in there that I won't spoil for other readers of the series. The other supporting characters like David and Mr. Campbell add interest, sometimes not in a good way. The book is well-edited and action happens at a nice pace. Outside of the bedroom Dean was less-alpha than many leading men in women's fiction and it was kind of cool to see Alexa take on that role while never overshadowing Dean.

This is a really good book but in fairness I had to remove half a star for a couple of reasons. First, Alexa was a consummate professional and falling into bed with Dean so quickly was a stretch even with the weird circumstances that they found themselves in. Second, Dean had a TSTL moment as the book closed, again something that was totally out of character. It just didn't fit for me.

The upsides of the book by far offset those two events, though, so I highly recommend Stolen Hearts. I am grateful for the gift of the review copy from Pink Sand Press.
This is Alexas story. When she is assigned to assist a man in finding his missing sister, it brings back memories! Dean can’t find his baby sister, no one will help him! When he goes to the Hearts PI to get assistance he finds the help he needs. Is that all he finds?

I read and reviewed this advanced complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley
This book had many elements and just the right mix. Of romance, suspense, and mystery.  I really enjoyed it and will be seeking more of this author’s work.  Many thanks to Pink Sand Press and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
book three in Marci Bolden's Women of HEARTS series was a marvellous read. That packed an emotional punch. Thanks to superb characters, and a storyline that was well written and paced and that brilliantly delves into the horrifying world of drug abuse, exploitation, and trafficking, and I was easily hooked throughout. And with plenty of appearances from the rest of the HEARTS team, a proposal, and a nice romance that didn't overshadow the rest of the story. This truly was a great read, and one I would happily recommend to others.
This is the third book in the HEARTS series.

The ladies at the Hearts Investigation Team are investigating the disappearance of Dean’s sister Mandy. Alexa who is also trying to find her sister, who disappeared twenty years ago,  takes on Dean’s case. There is a spark between Alexa and Dean but will it impede the investigation.

I enjoyed being aquatinted with the other regular characters especially Jack and Holly.

Thank you to Netgalley for my copy in exchange for a review.
Stolen Hearts is another amazing book in the The Women of Hearts series. These books just keep getting better. I love getting to know each member of the Hearts. Alexa is amazing. She has this way to make you just feel safe while dealing with her clients. She stops at nothing to get the job done. You can't help but feel the connection between Alexa and her client Dean. Dean you feel for him and everything he goes through when he realizes his sister is missing. I love how he just fits in with the women in hearts and their men. You will be on the edge of your seats with this one and it is so worth it. I can't wait for more women of hearts to come.
Wow, where do I start with this review? I ate this book up in less than twenty-four hours!
Stolen Hearts is book three in Marci Bolden’s empowering series The Women of Hearts.  The HEARTS Agency is a team of private investigators lead by women who are all fighting for a cause, devoting their lives to bringing justice to all cases brought their way, all while fighting their own demons.
In Stolen Hearts, Alexa Rodriquez is hired by Dean Campbell whose nineteen-year-old sister has gone missing without a trace. Alexa has a soft spot for missing persons’ cases—in fact, they’re what drives her, and what has made her into the woman she is today. She has a big heart, and even bigger determination.
Dean Campbell’s life is falling apart all around him. He lost his mother to cancer and now his baby sister has vanished. The police won’t listen, not even what’s left of his family; they all insist she’s an adult and has simply chosen to escape the pressures of life and college. Dean knows better though, she would have told him if that were true--no one is as close to Mandy as he is. Or so he thought.
There’s a perfect blend of romance, mystery, and suspense in this novel, but most importantly, this book brings light to two important topics that are very real and happening every day in our world: the youth lost to drugs and human trafficking. The more mysteries Alexa unfolds in Mandy’s disappearance, the darker Dean’s world grows, but Alexa is his shining beacon, keeping him afloat on their mission to save his sister.
When Alexa took on Dean’s case, she never fathomed putting her job, or her client, at risk. But when a case hits so close to home that you’re forced to relive your worst fears, and the only person who can relate is the one person you’re under strict policy to not engage any sort of relationship or bond with, more than hearts are jeopardized.
The characters in this book are so full of life and each have their own defining, unique qualities. While this is book three in a series, I didn’t feel lost or felt like I was missing anything crucial, it’s written like a standalone novel brushed with enough backstory to make the previous books’ characters feel warm and welcoming. With that being said, I haven’t read the previous two books yet but that is the next thing I do after this post! I LOVE this series!
Whenever I pick up a book written by Marci Bolden I know that I am going to be gripped by a myriad of emotions as I become thoroughly immersed in the storyline!  This book was no exception.  Her books are always so character-driven and I could feel the anguish Dean was experiencing as he searches for his missing sister, Mandy.  And Alexa, having to relive her own personal nightmare from twenty years ago when her own sister disappeared!  Throughout everything though, a love begins to grow.  Will Alexa and Dean allow it to flourish or will it get snuffed out by the fear and uncertainty of what has happened to Mandy and whether they will be able to bring her home again?  I always like how Ms. Bolden focuses on issues in society that are occurring in every-day life and incorporates them into her books in order to bring them back to the forefront of our attention.  To me, that has always been the mark of a good novelist.  One who not only entertains but also educates!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy I received through NetGalley.
Emotionally gripping:
This book was tragic and heart wrenching as it deals with human trafficking and drug addiction. I thought the author did a great job highlighting the complexities involved and the terrible toll it takes on both the victims and their families. It was fun catching up with the ladies at HEARTS and especially discovering Lexi's story. Dean and Lexi have a sweet relationship but things get rocky along the way and they have to work to establish a future together.
This was book 3 in the series but it can be read as a standalone. I just love this series and can't wait to read the upcoming books!
I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review. All opinions expressed are solely my own.
This is the third book in the HEARTS series.

Twenty years ago, Alexa Rodriguez’s sister disappeared without a trace. The trauma drove Alexa to become a private investigator. No matter how many cases she solves, there will always be a hole from the one that haunts her.

When Dean Campbell hires the HEARTS Agency, he has no idea what has happened to his sister. The police aren’t taking her disappearance seriously, but Dean knows Mandy—and he will do anything to bring her home safely.

As the line between investigator and client blur, the hunt for Mandy continues. But will their need for one another compromise their search?

I really enjoy this series. It is incredibly well written and the I am compl Invested in the characters.
I have loved this series so far. For some reason, the romance in this one didn't strike me with the same chord as the other two. There also wasn't the thriller aspect of this one.
That being said, Bolden has taken on a very tough and relevant top of sex trafficking and drug addiction. The despair and helplessness of family members who's loved one has disappeared is in the forefront in this story--it doesn't focus on the victim, but the family searching desperately for a way to rescue the victim who may not want to be rescued. A great job by Ms. Bolden on displaying a different perspective.
I loved catching up with the ladies of HEART, the all woman private investigative firm. I'm hoping there is a little more wrapping up of this story in the coming books.
I was given a complimentary copy of this book via NetGalley. All thoughts are my own.
Thanks to Netgalley, pink sands publishing and Marci Bolton for  this ARC. So I’ve read the first 3 books so far in this series. I enjoy the storylines and the HEART women. The only thing I can’t get past is all the explicit sexual references. Do we really need that much info? I think the books would hold up without that. Maybe just a tease of sexual  tension  instead, to keep the readers guessing and waiting for the next book to find a conclusion. It seems each book has a main character falling for someone which seems unlikely  if the case was of a serious nature. So for that I give it a 3. Good stories and characters but  to much other non essential and unlikely info. . But that’s just my opinion..
A very interesting and exciting story from Marci. I love the series. It is as though i'm living through the story. What a great writer.
Alexa, works for a detective agency called Hearts. Dean comes to their agency looking for help finding his sister.
Thrilling and suspenseful. Great series.
This was a good addition to the series. You can read this as a stand alone but the other books are great too so I would also read those too. This book does have a tough subject but one that is happening all around the US. Alexa is a great empathic person who just wants to help everyone. She is also still looking for her sister. I do wonder if we will find out what actually happened to her sister and to Holly's past in a future book. I did find the relationship with Dean happened really quickly and under high stress. If this was real life the relationship wouldn't last but luckily for us reader this is fiction. I can't wait for the next book.

*I received a free copy of this book via the NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving a review.*
Alexa Rodriguez became a PI due to the disappearance of her older sister Lanie. She figures honing her skills might help her in uncovering the mystery surrounding the case. Yet when faced with a new case of a missing teen it hits closer to home and the team at HEARTS has concerns for Alexa navigating the similarities.
Dean Campbell knows his sister Mandy didn't just walk away from college and not tell him. Despite what the police claim that she's an adult off finding herself he knows in his bones something is terribly wrong. Hiring the PI firm HEARTS is his last resort. Unexpectedly he and Alexa are drawn to each other, knowing this is the worst timing ever doesn't stop the chemistry from exploding. When they uncover more than his worst nightmare Dean is forced to reevaluate everything. Can he save his sister and keep Alexa at the same time?

This book deals on very real terms with things that happen every day in the US. Not only addiction but what can happen to those that are used against their will.
If you love suspense romance, this is it for you. Marci Bolden has a way with her words that bring out the angst and anxiety with the suspense and the mystery while at the same time making you feel the connection and love between the characters. This was an emotional journey for Alexa and meeting Dean is exactly what she needs, even if it brings out all the hurt of her past. The connection is undeniable and I couldn't get enough.
This is the 3rd book and the most difficult to read emotionally in terms of the subject matter but the author handled it very well.
I like the fact that there were characters whose stories I know from the previous books but it certainly can be read as a standalone.
A strong narrative  which was quite hard hitting and made for compulsive reading. The romantic element took a back seat, and wasn’t the main focus.
My favourite book of the series to date.
Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest and independent review
In my opinion this story has the best of both worlds- suspense and romance! This story follows Alexa, a PI at HEARTS, and her journey trying to find Mandy, a college girl who disappears. Dean is Mandy's brother and seems to be the only one who cares that she is missing and believes that she is in danger. The author does a great job at making you feel the emotions of these characters. There is a lot of sadness and guilt but also undeniable love between Alexa and Dean as well as Dean and Mandy. Tying love into the dark topics of prostitution and drug addiction can be a tricky thing but I think Bolden nailed it.

Whenever I started this book I actually did not realize that it was the third book in a series (yes I'm aware that it says it literally on the cover but who actually takes time to look at the cover when you can dive right into a book?!)  Being a few chapters in before I realized it, I was worried that I would miss a lot of the back story but this was not the case at all. Each book seems to focus on a different main character from the HEARTS firm but Bolden also gives you bits and pieces about the other PI's throughout the story. So if you are like me and tend to pass over obvious details like the front page, you should be okay to read this as a stand alone.. Now please excuse me while I go get my hands on the first 2 of the series!
Alexa had spent the last twelve years obsessing about night her older sister -Lanie-  disappeared. She had been there one minute and then she was never seen again.  Alexa had spent so much  of her teen years learning how to work missing persons cases that she never considered anything else as a career. Than her two friends wanted to start a female PI business and Alexa was all for it. It became hearts Investigations. Now she was talking to Dean Campbell who’s little sister -Mandy- was in trouble, according to Dean but the cops wouldn’t help him. The desperation in Dean’s eyes broke Alexa’s heart. She would have to confirm it before Alexa believed it. Holly was the lead investigator and asked Alexa if she was up to taking the case. Dean said he paid Mandy’s living expenses so she could concentrate on school and he hadn’t heard from mandy in a month. They knew Dean wasn’t telling them something but Alexa was determined to get it out of him. She went to Dean’s to see Alexa’s room and after going through it, Alexa found a pot pipe and some pot, also a couple of pictures of Mandy with some friends at a nightclub, and than her journal.  Dean and mandy had lost their mother to cancer three years earlier and it had been hard on both of them. Alexa wanted to hug and comfort dean as his world came crashing down around him, and he didn’t know what to do or where to turn. Than Dean said he didn’t know Mandy. He didn’t know what she would or wouldn’t do. What kind of brother was he ? Alexa reassured him he was a great brother she could see it in his eyes how scared he was and he felt it in his gut that mandy needed him. Alexa talked with Mandy’s roommate Tina -at college- who said she was doing a lot  of pills and drinking. She had a jerk of a boyfriend named Darrin who Tina felt was controlling and maybe a little abusive. As Dean and Alexa worked on finding mandy they got closer. She said she what she was looking for from a man involving romance . He wondered why she hadn’t found it. She was beautiful and thoughtful and brilliant, but she also sexy as hell. The way she stared him down, as if picking his brain apart, kept him enthralled. Her tenderness kept him sane.
Excellent book. I absolutely loved it. Iread it in one setting as I couldn't put it down. I loved how close the women in Hearts were and how they were there for each other. I advise you to read this series in order for a smoother read. I loved the plot and pace. I loved Alexa and Dean together and how they interacted with each other. My heart went out to Dean and his love for mandy and Alexa still wanted to find out what exactly happened to lanie. This was just an all around excellent read as far as I am concerned.  I have a new favorite book. I loved the characters and the ins and outs of this book and I highly recommend it.