Nature beyond Solitude

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Mar 2020

***I received a copy through NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.***

This book is beautifully written, but it can be slow. I love nature and have dedicated my life to the field of conservation, but reading about nature doesn’t do it for me. To appreciate it fully, you need to immerse yourself in it. The author does a beautiful job of describing nature if you can’t immerse yourself in it.
This is quite good, particularly if you're curious about the life of someone doing animal research in the wild. Not every page was interesting, but collectively well done. The author writes well, has good stories, and has a good sense of humor. Recommended.

Thanks very much for the ARC for review!!
This book was like stepping into a biologist's shoes, describing the everyday life from a research station, and the stunning observation of species in situ. We could feel the love, the tension, the day-to-day grind and messiness of it, the patience and the final joy when an animal finally appears. I would recommend it to any nature lover :)

*Thank you NetGalley for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*
Funny, interesting, and incredibly charming! The idea of in situ writing was intriguing and the stories and observations were not only very entertaining but also very well written.
Highly recommendable for people enjoying books on nature!
Beautiful book full of biology related field notes written into a story. I really enjoyed the author's writing, and because I'm a biologist myself I could really relate to the stories about the research station. Highly recommended for people who are in to field work biology!
Loved this book from the very first sentence in the Foreword.    I love nature and Farnsworth's writing/notes were very atmospheric and it took me right along with him in his book. Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book.  I definitely have a few people that would love this book.
You sent me the wrong book? Something titled The Future of Change? Not sure what to do to correct this? I have to give a star rating, but it’s completely irrelevant.