Seven Transforming Gifts of Menopause

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 27 Mar 2020

1 star
I know this book is supposed to be an introspective, self help Christian book. However, it is beyond strange. Please avoid this book. It is awful
I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for a honest review.
I thought that this book would be about the physical changes that happen with menopause, but that was not really dealt with.  Instead, the author talks about what she calls the seven gifts of menopause: uncovering, anger, the authentic self, expanded time, spiritual freedom and courage.  I am in the intended age range for this book, but I just did not relate to most of this content.  I dealt with some of these things at a much earlier age in my life and menopause just has not been an issue for me.
I am also a fairly conservative Christian and this author brought a lot of spiritual, new ageish feminism into her interpretation of Christianity, which I could not agree with.  It was somewhat interesting to read her beliefs, but I could not apply any of this.
The author is a good writer, but this book was not for me. I give it three stars because it is well-written.  I received a complementary copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.