Cover Image: All That is Buried

All That is Buried

An excellent book. I loved it. Highly recommended! Five stars

Many thanks to Netgalley and Robert Scragg for the advanced copy of this book. I agreed to give my unbiased opinion voluntarily.
A parents worst nightmare, 7 year old Libby Hallforth disappears at a funfair.  Detective Porter leads the investigation which then runs cold.  Several months later a sighting of ‘Libby’ leads to the grisly discovery of a children’s graveyard.  Porter needs to catch the killer quick,  as it then gets personal.
Third in Porter and Styles series, will definitely go back to read the first two after this book.
What a great book...edge of my seat!  Couldn't wait to get to the end of the work day to get home to read more.  Definitely going to read more of his books!!  Would definitely recommend this one if you like suspense.
Wow! This one was fantastic. Even though I haven’t read the others in the series I found I was able to follow along without any issues. It’s a great police procedural novel. I enjoyed that there were twists and turns that I didn’t see coming which makes it even better!
This is the third book in the series featuring DI Jake Porter and DS Nick Styles.  I hadn’t read the first two books but found this book worked well as a stand-alone but it is always better to have read them to gain knowledge of the background of the main characters.  Libby, a seven year old girl, goes missing at a local funfair.  Jake and Nick are called in to investigate the case.  Months go by and as there were no witnesses, and little evidence, the case is very frustrating.  They then receive a report that a young girl who looked like Libby was seen in a park but when they search for her they make a gruesome discovery when they come across some human remains.  On investigation it is revealed that they belong to a number of children but not Libby.  Jake and Nick then have a complex investigation on their hands to find the killer of these children and also to discover what has happened to Libby.  There are plenty of suspects, including Libby’s parents, all with secrets of their own.  I enjoyed meeting all the characters and their relationships.  There were plenty of twists and turns and a thrilling conclusion,  I will be reading the previous books and look forward to the next book in the series.
Thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
All that is buried by Robert Scragg.
Dci Porter and ds Styles are called. A young girl has gone missing.  Can they find her? Then they find a graveyard by accident.  Are the cases linked?
Absolutely brilliant.  Couldn't put it down.  The story was a little hard but I had to find out what happened.  Loved Porter and Styles. They were great together.  I really hope there is more to come. 5*.
a brilliant, fast paced, tense book that will keep you up all night reading. You won’t be able to sleep until you find out what happens. Brilliant.
Seven-year-old Libby Hallforth goes missing at a fair, no witnesses, no leads and no trace. Months pass and the trail has gone cold. DI Jake Porter is reluctant to move to other cases. He keeps working on the case whenever he gets time, when one day he gets news about a possible sighting of Libby. When they search the place, nothing prepares them for what they find, remains of children buried in pairs!! DI Porter and DS Nick Styles are on a race against time to find the killer and prevent anymore children from being harmed.

I haven't read the 1st two books of this series, but still enjoyed this one. I love police procedurals and this one was quite well written. My only issue was with Libby's part of the story. What exactly happened to Libby seemed a little improbable.

Overall, I had a great time reading this book. I've added the 1st 2 books to my list and hope to read them soon. Thanks very much to Netgalley and the publisher, Allison Busby, for providing me with an ARC of this book.
This is a really good read which I read in one sitting. The plot was really good and compelled me to keep reading. This is the first book that I have read by Robert Scragg and I will be looking out for more.

Thank you to Netgalley for my copy.
A great book by Robert Scragg. Even though it is the third in the series I found it easy to get into and loved the friendship between Porter and Styles. I liked that the book could be read as a stand alone, there were snippets from the previous two books which helped build up a picture of the main characters.
I enjoyed this book so much that I purchased the previous books and read them too! I look forward to further stories in this series.
This was a quick read that I enjoyed.  It's apparently the 3rd in a series but I hadn't read the previous books and it works as a standalone.  It centers around police detective Jake Porter, who is trying to solve the kidnapping of a 7 year old girl, Libby, who goes missing from a carnival.  The story centers on the police work related to this case, but also on the personal relationships between Jake and Evie, a fellow a cop whom he is dating, and Nick Styles, his partner who is expecting a baby.  The dynamics between Jake and these characters, as well as the tertiary characters such as his boss and various other police/medical personnel, was well done and felt believable.

There are a few chapters spread throughout the book from the unnamed villain and it's very clear from the beginning what is going on with him.  That being said, I was surprised by the twist at the end when I thought I had a good handle on exactly what happened.

Overall, I would recommend this book for those who like the police procedural and mystery genres,  I look forward to going back and reading the others in the series.

Thanks to Netgalley for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
“All That is Buried” is book three in “Porter and Styles” detective series by Robert Scragg. The main characters continue and have matured a little, but it is not necessary to have read the previous books to enjoy this one. When a young girl, Libby, goes missing, there are no clues, no leads, and no witnesses. Months later when the trail is cold, DI Jake Porter and DS Nick Styles find a body, many bodies, bodies of children.

Scragg creates a great sense of place; the geography and settings are detailed and well developed. The characters are interesting, and credible; conversations drive the plot. Everyday activities are interspersed with the search for answers. There are abundant suspects, and everyone has secrets. None are really who they seem to be. The pacing is appropriate, and little details make the story pertinent and compelling. The plot moves slowly yet deliberately, and the suspense increases as each piece of the puzzle falls into place. In the end, there are secrets, shocks, and startling revelations.

“All That is Buried” pulls readers along and ends with a surprise. I received a review copy from Robert Scragg and Allison & Busby Books. It is a contemporary British police procedure with a classic feel.
Review for 'All that is buried' by Robert Scragg

Read and reviewed via NetGalley

This book is the third in the 'Porter & Styles' series. However, it is the first book that I have read by this author and can be read as a standalone.

This fast paced, page turning crime thriller is rammed packed with twists, turns and suspense. It is very well written with strong characters and a very interesting storyline. I found the characters to be very strong, realistic and likeable. The descriptions are excellent and made me feel that I was in the novel.

The book gives you perceptions from the killer and the detectives involved in the case which I enjoyed as it keeps you in the loop of what is going on from a few view points. There were several different suspects so it keeps you guessing throughout. The ending was a cracker which I didn't see coming, definitely a bonus when it comes to crime novels. A fantastic twist!!

I rated this book 5/5 on Goodreads and Amazon and if I could have given it higher I definitely would. The author is very talented and I would highly recommend this book to fans of thrillers, suspense, crime, mystery and anyone looking for a fast paced read. I will definitely be reading his previous 2 books as well as keeping an eye out for further releases!!!

Rated 5/5 on Goodreads and Amazon (I loved it!!)

£6.02 for Kindle version or £8.99 for paperback on Amazon

Feel free to add me on Goodreads for more reviews

#NetGalley #AllThatIsBuried
Libby goes missing at a fun fair. Her parents take their eyes off her for a moment they say . Are they telling the truth.
D.I. Jake Porter & D.S. Nick Styles are called into the park as there has been a sighting of a young girl looking just like Libby but it’s a false call. What they find is multiple buried bodies of children on an island in the park. They have to find out who the children are to find out who the killer is. Is Libby still alive or has she been killed.
Read this great book to find out.
Thanks NetGalley
I would like to thank Netgalley and Allison & Busby for an advance copy of All That Is Buried,
I was torn between a four and five stars rating for this excellent read but erred on the side of generosity in the end ( this is why there should be the ability on netgalley to give four and a half). Although this book as one of a series I hadn’t read the earlier one and it didn’t spoil it at all so definitely a stand alone.
I loved the two detectives and all the incidental characters were excellent too. Well written British crime novels are hard to beat and this certainly falls into this slot.
There were some interesting twists but not so many as to become silly.
I am looking forward to reading the next in this series and hope if anything for a little more of the personal lives being covered.
Robert Scragg has produced his best piece of work to date.    I was absolutely gripped from start to finish.  It's clear to see he is growing in confidence and this book reflects that. The characters are captivating.  Can't recommend enough.
When seven-year-old Libby is at the funfair with the parents it only takes a couple of minutes of leaving her to fetch a coffee for her to disappear. No-one can remember seeing her or anyone that was acting strange. DI Jake Porter and DS Nick Styles are put on the case but after months of investigating the case and no leads, it has gone cold.
A desperate TV reconstruction is broadcast to help jog peoples memories of the night. When a woman reports seeing the little girl in the park, the police are quickly on the scene. The girl has gone but what they find is a well-tended burial ground on a small island in the park, which contains pairs of children, under beds of roses. Libby isn't one of them.
This is the third book in this series, which is set in London, but it is my first encounter with this very likeable pairing of detectives. I would love to read the first two books just because this was so darn good not because I felt that there was anything lacking. Loved their determination of not shelving Libby's disappearance for the now high profile case that is hitting the front page news.
This is one sick man though, as the author takes you into his disturbed mind. Very sad but at the same time very deadly. Each story peels away to find another underneath it, making it one that keeps you glued to every page. Desperate times call for desperate measures with an unintended deal with the devil that made me shudder. Brilliant how it all came together in the end, totally caught me out. Highly recommended.
Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher and author for this ARC.

I really, REALLY enjoyed reading this book.  My first read by this author and it won’t be my last.  You’re drawn immediately into the story when a young girl goes missing from a fun fair.  Police investigate and find a number of bodies buried nearby, though none are the missing girl.  Are they linked to the missing girl?  How?    I liked the main character, DI Jake Porter, his history and loved his working relationship and friendship with DS Styles.   The book had many likeable, believable characters and the plot had quite a few twists and turns, racing to a thrilling end, which was a bit of a cliffhanger.   I look forward to the next book and will read the authors previous books featuring DI Porter.  5 stars 🌟
OH my! Another unexpected police procedural which had me gripped over the weekend.

A missing child led the detectives to the Burial grounds of a serial killer, and the investigation proceeded two-fold with a race against time to find the missing one before she became a dead one.

My first book by author Robert Scragg, though book 3 in the series, the writing kept me perusing my kindle with a keen eye. Both the detectives Porter and Styles had panache. They were careful in their investigation even when the findings left them aghast. There were many times I wanted the detectives to move faster. Prodding them helped.

The suspects were many, each with their own secrets. I wanted to just enjoy the ride, hence didn't analyze. So I could say I suspected everyone. The book worked as a standalone, and I had fun getting to know the main characters. Red herrings and twists kept me motivated to read faster. The author was quite clever in sending me on dead ends... Just perfect.

Overall, another great police procedural over the weekend.
The third novel to feature Detectives DI Jake Parker and DS Nick Styles. I love this series and these two main characters are believable and well fleshed out, the one liners are hilarious. A really good police procedural which kept me fully engrossed. Plenty of heart in your mouth moments, I read this book in a day only putting it down when I needed to.The subject matter is distasteful, this author draws you in then you are hooked. Really well written. In my own personal opinion the best in the series so far. Almost five stars and highly recommended.
I would like to thank the author, publisher and Netgalley for the ARC in return for giving an honest review.