Cover Image: Siri, Who Am I?

Siri, Who Am I?

Thank you to Netgalley for an advanced reading copy of this title in exchange for my honest review. This witty tale of Mia, a young woman that surfaces from a coma after an accident. Mia awakens with no memory. In order to put together her life and remember who she is, Mia and a friend comb through her social media history to figure out the mystery of her past. Just who is Mia? Can she begin a new life? I loved the concept of using social media to decipher WHO someone truly is.....social media and the way we portray ourselves is an interesting topic in our current climate. Well written and entertaining.
This book tells the story of an amnesiac who is left to figure out her life from her phone and social media. I liked this book, I just found some of the plot twists super unrealistic. I feel like the author built up this big mystery on who gave her amnesia and the build up was so intense but the answer was not at all dramatic. I did really like the romance in it. Max is easily one of the cutest rom-com guys I’ve ever read about. I loved the self-growth within the main character by the end of the book, and I always like when the main character doesn’t just stay in a situation because it's easier. However, I also found the main character really annoying and her denial of obvious answers really bothersome, but she made up for it by the end. I give this book 3 stars, I really like the concept of knowing nothing about yourself except for what is on your phone, and the romance between Mia and Max was worth the read. But, I didn’t like the ending, and I found this book hard to read because of how unrealistic some of the reveals were. If you are able to set aside your belief in reality, then this book may be perfect for you. I didn’t expect the need to have to do that, and was very confused by some logistics. This was an interesting and dramatic read, and I give it 3 stars! Thanks NetGalley for letting me read this in exchange for an honest review.
"People base their decisions off their lived experience, their memories. You don't have any right now."

Mia wakes up from a coma with short-term amnesia. She has no recollection of who she is and how she got to the hospital. She remembers the Kardashians but doesn't even know if her parents are alive. She realises she must be wealthy because of her Prada dress and Chanel lipstick but the only way to find out is to retrace her steps once she leaves the hospital. With the help of Siri, Instagram and Max, the cute house-sitter, Mia tries to find out more about herself. Who is Mia? Was the head wound an accident? Is it too late for her to rewrite her story?

Tschida showed an accurate representation of social media and how everything can be faked online. People only show the good bits but it makes you wonder who they are behind closed doors. Are their lives actually that glamorous? It's so important for us to make sure that once we log out of Instagram and put our phone down that we are happy with our real life.

The twists and turns this take will take you by surprise. I was on the edge of my seat as Mia started to uncover the truth and the memories start coming back to her.  I wouldn't classify this as a romance but there is a romantic relationship that's important to the narrative. Mia isn't the most likeable character. In fact, the more you learn about her, the less you like her but there is self-reflection and redemption so not all hope is lost. And I think this accident was the best thing that happened to her LOL!

I was a little bit underwhelmed with the ending because of all of the buildup prior to it. An epilogue or a few extra pages would've been great but maybe that's not the author intended for the book so I get that.

Siri, Who Am I? was funny, snarky and fresh!

Thank you for my e-ARC, NetGalley and Quirk Books!
Siri, Who Am I? is a fun and entertaining read!
Mia wakes up in a hospital with amnesia.  She knows nothing about herself, her life, or how she got her head injury. Thank to Siri, she at least learns her name before setting off to discover who she is and what happened to her. Using her social media accounts and the friends she meets along the way, Mia begins to find answers to the many questions surrounding her. But she soon realizes that not everything is as she expected it to be, and maybe she wasn't who she wants to be either.
While some plot events and certain actions taken by the characters are bit unrealistic, I still wanted to keep reading to see what was going to happen. I found this book to be a unique and fresh concept, and it was an overall enjoyable light read.
I can absolutely see why some readers would adore this book, as I had heard from many, but it just wasn't for me. I appreciate the very timely storyline of social media and Siri in the book but I found it overall to be a little too much fluff and not enough of a meaningful story. Still, it was somewhat entertaining.
If you only had your social media posts to represent your life, how accurate would that be? Mia wakes up in the hospital with no memory. All she has is her phone. Luckily it has face recognition and not a password to unlock it. She finds out her name. She starts looking at her social media posts and emails to put the pieces together, or so she thinks. Follow Mia as she unravels who she is and what she’s done. A (social media) picture is worth a 1000 words, but are those words the truth?
ALRIGHT, SO… I don’t love tropes being a central plot point in a book… but in this case it really works! The whole memory loss thing is very different from what you would expect and overall this book became a light, fluffy, read while also having an undertone of a mystery novel! Have you ever wondered what would happen if you got Amnesia and had to rely on your phone to tell you who you are? This novel perfectly explains the outcome of just that instance. I thoroughly enjoyed this one and would definitely recommend it to others!
Siri, Who Am I? is a really fun about a girl who completely forgets who she is and needs to use her phone to put the pieces back together. I really enjoyed this one. The characters were really well written and the plot kept me interested. I thought the writing was also really well done. I would love to read more from this author!
It’s a compelling, well-written story, and I definitely always want to know what’s going to happen next, but Mia’s stubborn naïveté and reckless foolishness when refiguring our her life—her refusal to consider any possibilities other than the first one that pops into her head, which is always glamorous & very flattering to herself, is incredibly frustrating and definitely gave me some secondhand embarrassment.
The chemistry & development of the relationship between Mia & Max is lovely, although at first you do sort of wonder why he’d want to spend any time with someone so cluelessly self-involved. But he seems like a compassionate person, so helping her find her identity & get her life back is a reasonable way to keep them together until they’ve bonded. And the other relationships—friendships, potential partners, parents, rivals, enemies, clients—feel equally real, even when Mia is just faking them. (Perhaps that’s why they feel real? Because we’re figuring them out as she does? Either way, it works.)
It was also nice that taking selfies wasn’t treated like a flaw in and of itself—the way Mia glossed them up & used them to create a fake life was shown to be problematic, but I loved seeing her tell Max that he’s not better than her just because he doesn’t take pictures of himself.
Overall, definitely a fun read that I kept wanting to come back to throughout the day.
This book left me giggling from start to finish. It’s fun, and absurd, and everything that is wrong (or right) with social media. It’s almost like The Hangover, as Mia must piece together everything that happened after a head injury: who is she? Where does she live? And she has to do it all using her own social media.

There are some inherent flaws with this book. Like my phone has all my information, addresses, and contacts synced to the cloud. For some reason she is savvy enough to create an app, but not savvy enough to know how to connect to her apple cloud account to get this info? While the “only using Instagram” motivation is very entertaining, it’s pretty weak sauce when you consider how much information is truly available to us, especially if it’s your thumbprint accessing your phone.

Nevertheless, I did really like the main character and wanted to see her find the truth in herself, no matter how she did it.

You can see my video review here:
"Siri, Who Am I?" tells the story of a millennial, Mia, who wakes up in the hospital and has no idea who she is. The doctors tell her she has short-term amnesia (which explains why she doesn't even know her name). Thankful for her phone, social media, and Siri, Mia begins her journey to find herself...literally.

After reading the synopsis, I was really excited about what I had hoped to be a fun, cheeky book. Even though this book definitely had its humorous and laugh-out-loud moments (and plenty of hilarious references to the life of millennials), unfortunately, I just could not get into it.

I felt Mia was overdramatic and quite honestly, very annoying. I felt none of the characters had much common sense. It was definitely a female power-driven book, which the feminist in me loved, however, the men in the book were just so desperate and whiney.

I felt this was a slightly missed opportunity with what could have been a really great book.

Thank you, NetGalley for this gifted copy in exchange for an honest review.
Certainly not a book for me. Perhaps for much younger readers. It seems like a YA novel, not for adults.

Thank you Netgalley, but this was a tough read for me.
Kinda strange story. Not sure if I like the book enough to recommend or even pass on a copy to a friend. Too strange & unbelievable story line. I wasn’t entertained. Became bored but did finish hoping for something to catch my interest. Skip this book.
DNF. Footnote side bars were distracting. Did not add anything of value to the already repetitive narrative. Premise seemed like a good read, but it quickly turned out to be that I didn't care what happened to Mia or why.
I really felt like the main character's issue could have been solved if she had decided to tell more people about her memory loss. There were some funny parts in the book, and I want to give the author credit for that! I just felt like the story was very unrealistic, and the ending was very lackluster for me.
A woman wakes up in the hospital. She has no idea who she is or how she got there. All her doctors and nurses know is that she was attacked and left with a head injury. Her only clue is her iPhone. Siri informs her her name is Mia, but the numbers in her contact list are proving to be useless.

Mia's Prada dress and stylish haircut seem to suggest she's wealthy, but she doesn't remember a thing. Tracking down her identity is going to take a lot of investigative work and the help of a man who is house sitting at the home she finds shown in several of her online posts. As she learns more about her past, she starts to realize this may be the chance to start anew.

Siri, Who Am I? takes an amnesia plot to a new level. In this case, there are no apparent friends or family members to help Mia figure out who she is and why she was attacked. The mystery is just as much fun as the romance that slowly blooms between her and her supposed home's house sitter. I snickered several times, loved the sparks, and felt the same level of disbelief Mia did as she started to uncover the truth. This one is definitely enjoyable.
What I liked best about Siri, Who Am I? is that it’s so different from anything else I’ve read. I loved the concept of a woman who wakes in a hospital with amnesia and uses her smartphone to rediscover who she is.

The main character, Mia, wasn’t always the most likable person, but I felt fond of her anyhow. She’s like that one wayward friend you are always shaking your head at, but she means well. Mia is impulsive and sometimes shows poor judgment, but she’s just had a traumatic brain injury, so I think we should cut her some slack.

While I didn’t agree with some of Mia’s choices, I enjoyed watching her solve the mystery of who she is and how she ended up in the hospital. That aspect of the story required some suspension of disbelief at times, but I was enjoying it enough to just go with it.

The story includes a bit of a love triangle, which I’m usually not fond of, but in this case, I felt like it was handled well. None of the characters in this book are without their flaws, but I thought each was likeable in their own way, with the exception of one character who is clearly portrayed as not a good person.

I would classify this as a cute chick-lit romp and recommend it if you’re looking for a light, entertaining read.

Thanks to Quirk Books for providing me with an ARC through NetGalley, which I volunteered to review.
I enjoyed this book! It  has a really neat technological twist but still has all the fittings of a warm romantic comedy! I would definitely recommend checking this out if you enjoy this type of genre.
Imagine waking up in a hospital with amnesia—not knowing even your own name. That's what happens to Mia. When she is discharged from the hospital, her only option is to start piecing together clues, starting with her shattered smartphone. But after it becomes clear that Mia wasn’t a particularly kind or ethical person, She needs to decide if she can summon the courage to change.
This was a light fun read, perfect for grabbing when you have a spare half hour or whilst sat on/waiting for public transport.
As what I would suspect is the target audience (a Millennial female who spends a lot o her time on social media and her phone), I could definitely resonate with Mia and this kept me engaged and excited to read more.
It had a really strong start but started to get somewhat predictable as it went on and probably from about halfway onward. But it was still an enjoyable read.
I'm definitely interested in seeing what the author does next.
Sadly it wasn't particularly memorable and was pretty average for me but I can see others, particularly within the same demographic as Mia, enjoying this.
Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.