Snug

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 04 Feb 2020

Thanks to NetGalley, I was able to receive an arc copy from the publisher in an exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed reading this graphic novel. I've always been a fan of Catana's art.

I highly recommend it for anyone who's looking for an adorable quick read!
This book is the perfect coffee table book. It is also a great pick me up and something to cry over when you're feeling extra single. It definitely made me feel extra single but it is all worth it because this is funny, beautiful, and quite relatable. I loved every single moment of it from her being tiny (same!) to celebrating the fact that you have to cancel your plans (again, same.) I just want to force everyone to read it because even if you're feeling extra single, it will surely bring a smile to your face.
I'm definitely glad I discovered this book because between laughs and constantly saying "aw" my day was made better.
Do I recommend it? Yes, x10. This is exactly what I needed.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

A big thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for giving me the chance to read this book prior to its release
Cute and relatable, especially the ones about snuggling and food. Happy to read these in a book, not just in pieces online.
I am super thrilled that this was my first NetGalley ARC!  I really enjoyed Catana's first book and this one certainly met the mark; I actually laughed out loud at several panes.  Catana maintains her signature illustration style and conveys so much with so few words.  Super sweet, warm, and fuzzy, this collection of comics is sure to be relatable to many.
John and Catana are basically my fiance and I except fiance is not a beardy-face. I love these comics and this is a great collection, it had several I had never seen before!
I don’t normally read comics. This is super cute and relatable.  The author touches on things most couples experience.  I enjoyed this comic.  I received a copy from Netgalley for my honest opinion.
This book collects together comics from the Catana Comics series, which are comics about the daily life of a couple. I enjoy these comics because they're cute and relatable. Many of the comics are just images with no words, and I really enjoy how they tell a story. I wish there had been more new comics for the book, but it was still a fun read.
I have been a fan on these comics for a while now and frequently read them online so I was so excited to see that they had been made into a book. They are so sweet and easy to relate too and I found myself laughing out loud several times and smiling the whole time I read it.
This is a lovely collection of comics about the author, Catana, and her boyfriend, John. She illustrates in such a cute and funny way their daily life as a couple.
Quite a cozy reading 😊.

I must confess that I can't help feeling identified with some of them.
3.5 Stars. There are some really great ones in here that I could relate to a lot and wanted to share, but overall I didn't like this as much as I have other comics.
I have been seeing the comics online for years and I have always loved them and I was really excited to see a whole book of them. And this did not disappoint! All the comics are cute, funny, or freakishly accurate. If you are introverted, in a relationship, or nerdy I think you will probably find something in here that you love.
As someone who grew up reading the Saturday comics with my family, I really enjoy a well-written and well-drawn comic. This book definitely did not disappoint! I enjoy Catana's illustrating style and her sense of humor. I suppose I just very much enjoy such a cute and genuine representation of what it's like to be in a relationship with your best friend (especially since I just married mine a bit under five months ago)!

I definitely recommend for anyone who enjoys genuine comics! I cannot wait to see what else this author may publish in the future.
These cartoons are very true to life and accurately depict what it is like to be in a relationship. Highly relatable.
I was only able to read a few of the comics in this book because the pages just wouldn't load. The few comics that I did read were really cute and evoke the same sweetness that Catana is known for in her other comic strips and book. I would really liked to have finished reading the story, unfortunately, that's just not possible with the issues I'm having with the file. I look forward to purchasing it after its publish date.
Cute but ultimately really specific to her relationship and fairly repetitive IMO. I also still find the art style a bit off-putting.
*I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thanks for the free comic book.*

The title already describes what this collection is about: "Dating Your Best Friend" or rather, being in a relationship with your best friend. I've been with my partner for more than eleven years now, so I could very much relate to many (but not all!) things. Chetwynd manages to capture the little things that make a relationship worthwhile, the emotional comfort, the trust, and the little weird things one does. Some other things could also be true for non-romantic relationships, for example, I feel very much elevated by the faith my friends have in me when they cheer me up.

So this was really cute. If you want something (heterosexually) wholesome, check it out.

4,5 Stars because I missed the representation of the harder parts of keeping a relationship going, the fighting, the negative stuff, you know what I mean.
I absolutely love these comics!  They're not only adorable, but they remind you of all the cute interactions you've had with your loved one.  There have been many times that I have forwarded one of Catana Chetwynd's comment to my boyfriend because it reminded me of us.  I will definitely be buying a copy of Snug for my coffee table, as well as a few copies for friends.
Something to take into account - it might be nice if Catana could release a more diverse book of comics.  I understand that these are Catana and her significant other, but more diversity in the comics will in turn create more diversity for more fans to enjoy :)
As I said before and will continue to say it, works published by Andrew's McMeel will always strike a chord in my heart!

I love how adorable this book was! The comics are quirky, hilarious and so cosy. It is an enchanting portal into the little moments in a relationship! This book is truly something any reader will enjoy whatever their relationship status will be as it focuses on how every moment is relatable and something that we should learn to cherish! If you are with the wrong person, it also sets things down into perspective as it shows that somewhere out there is a person just as weird as you are!

I loved this book so much as it provides a deep insight into how beautiful a relationship can be!

Rating: 5/5 (Is there a way I can give this book more than 5?)
Recommended: Whether you are single or in a relationship or married or its complicated, this book is a perfect read as it shows the joys of a right relationship in the tiniest moments possible!
Thank you to netgalley for an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.

An adorable comic focused on the beauty and quirky side of that feeling that is love. I have followed the comic on social media for a while and just adore the style. In my own relationship I relate to so many of the panels and spent a considerable amount of time laughing out loud to this book.
I read Catana Chetwynd's "Little Moments of Love" not too long ago, so when I saw a new comic collection on NetGalley, I leapt at the chance to read it immediately. Just like my previous read, the comics within Snug are absolutely relatable and totally sweet. This is an adorable, feel-good kind of book, even for those not currently in a relationship. This was totally a one-sitting book, but one that I can definitely go back to again and again. Absolute gem!

This was an ARC recommended via NetGalley.