Becoming Sage

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 01 Apr 2020

Becoming Sage by Michelle Van Loon is a book written to focus on spiritual growth in the second half of life. This book explores what the unique challenges of midlife can teach us about Jesus and how to think about everything. It has chapters titled Grow Up, Glorify God With This Body?, From Doing to Being and more. This book teaches the reader that maturity is an on going thing and doesn’t just magically happen at a certain age. I love how this book points the reader to Jesus! I would recommend this book to any woman.
This book had worthwhile, insightful thoughts and points of view.  The idea that maturity is not a “given” with age is on point.  I was surprised that the book was heavily focused on Christianity and scriptures.  I have no problem with that, but I was just unaware of the book being targeted from a religious view.
I really appreciated the message and the content of this book. I thought it was delivered in a very simple, lighthearted way but had a deep meaning. I recommended it to every woman who is in, or approaching, the middle age.