Cover Image: They're Strictly Friends

They're Strictly Friends

DNF @ 40%

I have had this title waiting to be read for months now, but better late than never... In the end though, I was unfortunately wishing it had been never! I failed to connect with the story early on, and only resented it more as I continued reading. I was only mildly interested in the characters and was more than a bit disappointed in the misleading wording of the synopsis. And oh boy, it is so long... It felt like they got together way too early, and I didn't want to stick around for the ridiculously drawn-out drama that was sure to come.

I read some reviews around the time when I decided to give up (gave it one chapter before making the final call) and didn't really want to continue reading based on the upcoming topics and how those reviews said they were handled. Just didn't sound like something for me. I have recently read this author's two most recent novels and really enjoyed both of them, so it's not to say that her writing is bad - I simply didn't connect with or enjoy this particular one.
Lucas and Elodie want to be together, you know it, but something, mostly their own doings do not let them come close enough. A romance that has tension, life altering decisions and diagnosis and war of words, They're Strictly Friends is not only a fun read, but also brings some other sensitive topics such as living with a disability to the table. Chloe Liese writes from the heart and it is easy to feel for both Lucas and Elodie.

It was a delight to read so many British idioms and brush up my own language skills in the process. Thanks NetGalley, the author and the publishers for extending me an eARC.
I was quite hesitant to pick this up as I did not enjoy 'The Brute' at all. I was quite surprised as this story is much better. Although, there were a couple of scenes that were far-fetched and / or dragged out. And wow so much drama for one couple, but I did enjoy the romance and the chemistry.
I finished reading Chloe Liese's "Only When It's Us" a few weeks back and loved reading it so much! So, I decided to give Strictly Friends another chance. I tried reading it earlier, but dnf-ed it after reading a few chapters.
This time around though, I liked reading Lucas & Elodie's story. 💜 You have to be in a good mood to enjoy books properly, I guess. The playlist that was provided to read along with the book made reading it so much better! Since I've not read the other books from the series (even though Strictly Friends is a spin-off standalone) I couldn't really tune-up and relate to the characters properly, but it was an enjoyable read anyways.
3.25/5 🌟 from me.
Thanks to netgalley for the e-arc!
Djddjssjjsjsjsjsjsjsjdjdjdjdjjsjsjsjsjjsjsjsjsjsjjsjsjsjjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjjsjsjjsjsjsjsjsjsjsjwnxeunxuenceunxuencurncuencuenxienxienxuenxuencuencunecuenc
Thank you netgalley for an advanced copy, all thoughts are my own.

Lucas and Elodie have basically had crushes on each other for awhile, but Lucas is keeping a secret about his health, keeping him from starting a relationship with Elodie. Will he be able to work through his diagnosis and be able to have a life with Elodie?

So far I’ve read Only When It’s Us and now They’re Strictly Friends and dang...Chloe Liese knows how to write a good book & I love her writing style. I now also consider her an auto buy author, she’s just that great! The relationship between Lucas and Elodie was so sweet. The French phrases that were included made it that much more romantic. The story had a lot of dimension and you could really feel all of the struggles Elodie and Lucas were going through. I highly recommend this if you’re looking for a story full of love, heartache, happiness and more!
I enjoyed this book. It was witty, yet emotional.  I thought that Lucas and Elodie definitely had a strong attraction and were emotionally connected and that was what carried them through their trials to their HEA. I would read more from this author.
i am becoming a Chloe fan. I have been reading her books and they are what books are made of.  I like the writing and the characters.  Must read
I received an ARC of this from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I never actually intended to read this book when I opened it but I was intrigued when I checked it out. You had me at a playlist for each chapter. I loved it. It was perfectly fitting for each chapter and helped set the mood. I haven’t read the previous books but I really didn’t feel like I needed to. This book stood well enough on its own. I thoroughly enjoyed the story though I found it a bit too drawn out, and I fell in love with all the characters. This was light, easy, romcom novel and I devoured this book in a day. This is great for someone like me who needed a break from the heavier novels I usually read. I’m very much looking forward to the next one about Theo.
This was a fun and sexy romance. Nothing especially different for me personally that made it stand out but it was enjoyable and I liked it.
I wasn't sure what I expected from this book, just simple romance? It was so much more! I loved that it went into a life changing situation and I absolutely loved how real and raw dealing with it was for the characters. I love Elodie and Lucas and couldn't have picked better characters and situations! Loved it
This book is quite good and very well written, and combines a lot of tropes I enjoy into a cohesive novel! It's an easy read but has some depth beyond the slightly cheesy light premise! Lots of fun with characters who feel real.
This is a stand alone, spinoff. With that being said, I felt like I was missing a lot of the story not having read the other series. I think the writing was great and the characters were likeable. I just had a hard time connecting with them without having read the other two. But since it is advertised as a spin off, stand alone, I’m going to rate it as such.
What a funny, witty book. A well thought out, enemies to lovers relationship.  I laughed so much during this but also really shipped the leads together. A must read.
Sadly, I DNF'd this book. I think it was simply right book, wrong time for me. I loved the matching playlist and hope it was the right book for many others!
This book was not exactly what I was expecting. Lucas and Elodie have known one another for a while, but despite the attraction they both feel, Lucas holds Elodie at a distance. At first she thinks it must be because he isn’t interested in her romantically, but she learns that Lucas has another reason for putting her off, one that he won’t share with her. This book is one in a series, and the characters from other books appear quite often. I’m not sure what it was, but I just couldn’t get invested in this one. It felt a bit more like a chick lit novel than a true romance. It was well written, but just not quite my cup of tea.
Where do I start? Firstly, I have been anticipating reading Lucas & Elodie's story since finishing the Tough Love series where I first met them. I fell so hard for Lucas nearly immediately and Elodie barged right in easily. Elodie is one of the strongest heroines I have read, highly intelligent and headstrong but also vulnerable and caring.

As the story begins, Lucas has learned of a life altering diagnosis. He already cares deeply for Elodie but holds her at an arms length convinced she will resent him over time. Elodie, ever committed to pursuing what she wants, doesn't allow Lucas to make grand decisions without her. Doesn't she get a say? she asks. Lucas and Elodie clearly had amazing chemistry.

As the story continues, you get a glimpse into love and life with all its hardships along with happiness. There was absolute swoonworthy love and kindhearted moments mixed realistic obstacles that completely wrenched my heart. I felt literally everything for these characters, their losses were my losses, their victories were my victories. When a book can make feel so much, it is a true gem.

Other reasons this book gets all the stars:
-Extraordinary friendships. True platonic love between Nairne, Zed, Lucas, and Elodie. They all shared experiences with each other, helping one another overcome devastation and heartache.
-Representation. Learning to live with a disability, learning to be the partner to someone with a disability. Going through the pain of a miscarriage and the grieving process it involves.
-Beautifully written sexy times. This book didn't feel overtly sexual and I think it's because Chloe wrote with stunning eroticism that blended easily into the story and felt so real and beautiful.

I cannot wait to see what else Chloe has in store for us. Each of her books get better and better.
I loved  the story and the characters in this book. They were so easy to care and root for. This is my first book by Chloe and I can’t wait to read her next book. The book was hilarious and the dry humour, sarcasm and Harry Potter references tugged are my heart strings. I just wished that maybe she didn’t include so many sex scenes in the book. At least fade some to black just because so felt that it didn’t really help move the story along. Though some I felt did that but definitely not all of them. Lucas was always making me laugh with his thoughts and there were some terribly bad jokes that made me laugh out loud. Elodie was great too. She was so supportive and she listened to everyone’s advice and took it to heart. I can’t wIt to read Teo’s story in the next book in this series.

*Thank you Netgalley for providing me a copy for an honest review*
I really enjoyed reading Lucas and Elodie's story.  The best relationships start with friendship.
They have a real relationship that grabs your interest from the start.  What I liked about this story is that it was REAL.  It was not all sun and roses.  They had their squabbles and heartache like we all do in the real world.
I recommend the purchase of this book.
Thank you Chloe Liese, NetGalley Connect and NetGalley for allowing me this advance copy in exchange for my honest feedback.
I wasn’t a fan of how this one dealt with a miscarriage, unfortunately. But overall it was an okay read. I do enjoy a good friends to lovers romance and Eloide and Lucas had a good one!