Cover Image: When You See Me

When You See Me

This book is fast paci g from the beginning. A mixed federal team is sent to a small town to catch a serial killer, Jacob Ness. It looks like he is not acting alone, but who is helping him?
It is well written, and the characters are great.
Thank you, NetGalley for the Arc.
This book is part of a series but worked well as a stand alone book.
This book was a page turner filled with tension.
I loved the characters too.
A great suspenseful read
would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this book

a big fan of this author so when a book becomes available i like to read it.. and this one doesnt disappoint, keeps you guessing right to the end
I hate to use a cliche phrase but this really is Dark and Tiwsty. It’s gruesome and sick and really really thrilling. Honestly, I wasn’t sure what to expect, perhaps a run of the mill thriller that was a little dark but this is full on psycho-sick in the most shocking ways. It takes a very clever mind to deliver characters that aren’t run of the mill stereotypes when your creating something so dark but the range of people in this book are just brilliant and not at all what I expected. Which I think really adds to the pull of the plot. It’s a fast paced page turner that really doesn’t disappoint!
Apologies crossed purposes. Thought I was adding my review for another of Lisa Gardner's books - Before she disappeared.
Overall I enjoyed this. Having a mute key witness gave the story something different to the norm and you could feel yourself egging on the questions to get the info you wanted to be revealed. The setting was also good and although to begin with it felt like too many key characters I did get to grips with it and they all played their part.
It did feel a little bit let down by some of the scene-setting, particularly noteworthy I couldn't really work out entirely what was going on in the final scene, which did let it down for me (not revealing spoilers I can't be more specific). Also Bonita has pizza and goes to bed rather than going through questioning to get to the bottom of it!? - I found that hard to swallow too.

So overall 4 stars from me as there were some aspects that spoiled it for me.
I really enjoyed this book and got really invested in the characters.  There were lots of twists and turns that kept me guessing and a great ending.  Definitely worth a read.
Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and Lisa Gardner for the eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Another fab read from Lisa Gardner.

Gripping from beginning to end.
Fast-paced, with many twists and turns.
Well written with an interesting storyline.

I would highly recommend.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Brilliant book I devoured it in one sitting, fantastic characters and storyline and left me wanting more! 5 stars from me!!
Continuing the story of Flora Dane and her attraction to serial killers, this book is a great read and thoroughly recommended.
Another great read from Lisa Gardner!

I have previously got a bit bored with Floras story.... but this book brings in new, fresh characters and a great story line.

Thanks to NetGalley for an ARC in return for an honest review :-)
I love Lisa Gardner books and this book did not disappoint.  A really good thriller with a great plot,. Had me gripped from the beginning.  My favourite read so far this year,  If you love a good thriller this book is for you.
When 2 hikers find the skeletal remains of Lilah Abenito, a girl that went missing 15 years ago, it looks like she’s another victim of serial killer Jacob Ness. A federal multi-agency task force is formed that includes Boston detective DD Warren and SSA Kimberly Quincy but also Flora Dane (the only survivor of Ness) and her tech friend Keith Edgar. The taskforce travels to the small village in the mountains of Georgia near the Appalachian Trail. Once they’ve arrived, they encounter hostile locals, more hidden graves and a fresh murder. Ness has been dead for 8 years and can’t be behind the new murder. Flora thinks that the remote burial site deep in the woods isn’t typical for the fat and unfit Ness. Did he have an accomplice or is there a second serial killer?

All hail to the queen! Lisa Gardner crafted another brilliant book with so many wrong turns that she outdid herself. There are happy encounters with old acquaintances but also an awful lot of horrible and evil deeds and those committing them. I just don’t know what praise I can give that others haven’t done better. But my first read of 2021 was definitely a winner. I hope that the rest of this year yields more of the same quality.
There are 4 protagonists in this book, each of them tells part of the story. In their own way, they’re all very strong and smart woman. Flora Dane is the survivor of abduction and terrible abuse for a year and a half. DD Warren is the Boston detective around whom the series is crafted and should be the central character, but here she shares equally with her co-stars. She’s been a career woman all her life until she found love with Alex. Now she can get homesick at moments. Kimberly Quincy, Supervisor Special Agents leads the taskforce but is also an old acquaintance of both Flora and DD. The bravest addition to form a quartet is a nameless, mute girl who’s been a captive of the very bad man (a demon) and plays stupid while performing slave labour. Her special POV gives the reader inside information that the task force doesn’t know yet.
I must say that the Appalachian Trail seems to be a very dangerous area and a serial killer hotspot. This is the third book or series in a couple of months that takes place on or around that hike. So, if you plan to take a hike into the woods, beware!
I thank Netgalley and Random House UK, Cornerstone for the free ARC they provided me with and this is my honest, unbiased review of it.
When you see me is an excellent thrilling read that kept me on my toes toes through. It had a steady pace and excellent character building.
I have read all the DD Warren books in the series, so I knew what to expect with this one.  Once again I wasn't disappointed and couldn't wait to finish it.  Recommended for anyone who loves a proper crime read
#bookreview @lisagardnerbks
This is the first time that i am reading a book by Lisa Gardner and I really feel I may have been living under a rock all these years that i have never read her works. The author has now got another lifelong fan and am slowly and steadily going to be reading all of her earlier published works and am so thrilled for that.
This book has kept me glued to it like no other book in a long time. The story line is so complex and yet so straightforward. Every chapter is a different POV of characters and takes the story forward at a remarkable pace.
The characters are developed gradually along with the story and it's eye opening to see their evolution. Every character even though has a base characteristic, it's good to see them showing different traits as the situation and story demands.
The underlying theme is equally important and we'll conveyed. The author's depiction of Bonita in the first person voice is heart-wrenching and a few lines of her make way into my quotes book.
This book is highly recommended to all those who love to read unputdownable thrillers with kick ass and equally  sensitive female cops.
A huge thanks to Netgalley, author and publisher for sending me this book.
The main characters Lisa Gardner introduces us to - Detective DD Warren, Special Security Agent Kimberly Quincy and Flora Dane, are fascinating and in themselves make you want to read on. A thrilling crime drama full of intrigue, gripping to the end.
A mixed bag. I haven’t read one of Lisa Gardner’s books for a while, and I fell like I would have found this better if I had read previous books in the series. That said, it was an engrossing read, and the characters did grow on me.
Another great addition to the Gardner Universe. The suspense was great and the bad guys where really bad. Once started it is impossible to put the book down. I hope to see more of Bonita in the next D-D- Warren book She deserves the best and more, to make up for all the bad things happened to her.
I was wondering going into this one if it would be an issue not having read the previous 10 books in the series. It wasn’t. I don’t feel like I have missed anything back story wise. This book is slow to get going and honestly I wasn’t sure that it was going to come to anything but the last 70 pages suddenly hold all the answers and everything kicks off. In the end those last 70 pages saved this book for me from being a mediocre book to something I ended up enjoying.