Cover Image: No Bad Deed

No Bad Deed

Cassie Larkin sees a woman being attacked by a big man on the side of the road. She calls 911, tells them what is going on, but then decides to investigate on her own. The attacked tells her, "Let her die, and I’ll let you live." Cassie tries to get on with her life, but a few days later her husband goes missing... or did he leave her? Cassie is trying to get to the bottom of what exactly is going on, and it just spirals from there. No spoilers! This debut novel by Heather Chavez takes you on a wild ride and I was here for it! I did guess a few things a little quicker than revealed but it didn't deter me from the book.
This book was not what I expected. I figured out a few of the plot lines right before they were revealed. It was a quick read, kept me interested and wanting to know what happened next. This seemed like it was going to be your typical domestic thriller. But I was pleasantly surprised at the end.
I did get aggravated at Cassie. I wanted to grab her, shake her and ask her wtf she was thinking!! She seemed a bit reckless. But who knows how anyone would react if their kids were in danger.
I really enjoyed this one! It was stressful and action packed. A quick read that I had to keep going so I could find out what was happening!
Wow! Reading this book was a fast-paced, twisty ride!  It kept me on the edge of my seat with all of the action and suspense.  I didn’t want to put it down.  Any thriller lover needs to add this to their list to read!
Ok honesty moment here. I am all in for most thrillers, love domestics too. I had such a hard time with this one. I just couldn't figure out where this was going. It was frustrating to keep trying to understand and not succeeding at all. And then BAM, ok you got me. Once it was fully explained in the ending, I got the hype. I understood. I had no idea it was coming and it was well. done.

The path to getting there was a little off course for me. It was a crazy fast read and one heck of a ride. So it is difficult to decide what to do here.
An excellent thriller debut, which left me reading long after putting it down. NO BAD DEED stayed in my head in the best of ways.
When Cassie witnesses a violent attack on a woman on her way home from work, she cannot stop herself from helping the woman. The attacker gets away but the woman survives. This has terrible consequences for Cassie and her family. But who are the good guys and who are the bad guys? Is her husband one of the bad guys? He abandons her daughter while trick-or-treating and Cassie is left to protect her family while trying to find her husband. A few slightly unbelievable twists but generally a good read that keeps you turning pages.
Wait-what?...OMG!!...WOW!!!! This story had me talking to Cassie from the first page...like we yell at actors on TV. If you are in the mood for a major suspenseful read full of tidbits, twist, turns and “what?” moments...READ THIS BOOK!!!!

I did not known what to expect when Cassie first left work and the the next four days had me on the ride of my life!
When you can’t figure out who the victims and culprits are until the author reveals them you are reading a well written story. I am already “stranger danger” phobic, Cassie had my nerves so bad, I know I will only help a stranger from a distance now.  Then Sam became the biggest jerk.  I did not trust anyone mid way through this story and didn’t believe what I was reading! Daryl helped me when he asked Cassie “what do you know?” Because at that point perception and assumption had me ready to believe the false narrative. The development of the main character Cassie was progressive and her truths filled in a lot of gaps.

This story taught me not to get comfortable in your family by taking advantage of their love and respect.  You have to continue to work to keep that admiration and loyalty. Working too much, long, or hard is not a worthy sacrifice of time with your spouse and children.  And only trust the facts that you know!!!!!!!!!

Excellent story, the author did an amazing job of keeping you in the dark even when giving you some information. Nothing is tied to anything but everything was woven together masterfully. WOW!!!!!!!
Cassie Larkin is a veterinarian on her way home after a long day at work - when she sees a man and a woman fighting on the roadside. She calls 911 but then does something the operator begged her not to do: leaves her car and confronts the man in hopes of defusing the fight.  It goes horribly and the man threatens Cassie before running off "Let her die and I'll let you live".  He steals her car along with everything in it - which means he knows who she is, where she lives, etc.  In the aftermath, Halloween comes along and Cassie’s husband Sam takes their 6-year old daughter Audrey out trick or treating.  When they don’t return, she goes out searching for them and finds her daughter with strangers and no sign of her husband. From this point forward, Cassie’s life and her family’s are changed forever.
Wow.  This was just.....wow.  It starts off from zero to 60 and doesn't quit until the end.  While you have to suspend disbelief towards the end, it really is a great, fast paced read!
Thanks to Heather Chavez, Harper Collins and NetGalley for the ARC.
📚 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 / 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝗪 ⁣📚⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
Title: #NoBadDeed
Author: @iamhrchavez
Publisher:@williammorrowbooks
Pub Date: 2/18/20⁣⁣⁣
Type: #eArc (thanks @netgalley)
Genre: #Mystery #Thriller⁣
Must Read Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫

Synopsis:

Driving home one rainy night, Cassie Larkin sees a man and woman fighting on the side of the road. After calling 911, the veterinarian makes a split-second decision that will throw her sedate suburban life into chaos. Against all reason and advice, she gets out of her minivan and chases after the violent man, trying to help his victim. When Cassie physically tries to stop him, he suddenly turns on her and spits out an ominous threat: “Let her die, and I’ll let you live. And this will change her life.”

My thoughts:

Mystery and Thriller lovers of the world, if you've not picked up this book, you're REALLY MISSING OUT! What a dark, addictive, non-stop thrill ride this was. I am working really hard in December to #flattenthenetgalleys and this book has been sitting on my shelf for months and it was the perfect lazy Sunday read. You'll easily zip through this one in a single sitting - it's utterly impossible to stop reading! At first, I thought the the first few chapters were too "unbelievable" but as the puzzle pieces fell into place, nothing about the insane situation didn't make perfect sense. This book will have me second guessing myself if there is a stranger in need for sure - you just never know what dominoes could fall in a moment of desperation! Absolutely remarkable book, Heather. I am so excited to see what you write next - BRAVO!
I read the reviews of this book before I decided to request it. The reviews seemed okay. "No Bad Deed" is a fast-paced thriller, just how I like them. It didn't take long to get attached to the characters, but half-way through I got detached. The rest of the book was alright.
This book has some absurd moments but I really enjoyed it. Cassie sees a fight on the side of the road while driving home from work one night. She gets out to help and the man says “Let her die and I’ll let you live”. A really fast paced thriller that I read in one sitting.
Wow!! This was a wild ride!! This had so many twists and turns and was so action packed! Super hard to put down! And i did not see the end coming! This is an intense read! Definitely one i couldn’t figure out! Fantastic thriller!
4.5 stars!

I’m really angry with myself that I didn’t get to this book sooner.  Because, wow!!  I was really sucked into this one quickly and I couldn’t put it down until the ending.

The author really intricately weaved this story together. So many moving pieces, I was thoroughly impressed with how she kept the story intermingled together. Bravo!

I don’t want to say anything about the story itself because going in blind is the best way to enjoy this book. It was definitely well written and had a great storyline. I would highly recommend it!
For a debut book, this was GREAT!!! I kept thinking this was like the Stillhouse Lake series which is one of my favorite books.  I love the main character who worked so far to keep her children safe, and the plot was really twisty and clever. It was fast paced, and the only bad part was all the characters to follow.
This book is great! Would definitely recommend. Thanks so much to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC.
No Bad Deed starts out with a bang and the action is non stop from there. Filled with twists and turns throughout, this one is a page turner for sure, and I was totally blown away by the ending. Definitely will be on the lookout for the authors next novel.
What a WILD ride! Thank you to NetGalley and William Morrow Books for the gifted copy. NO BAD DEED was an intense story and I enjoyed every suspenseful moment. It played out like a great suspense movie- almost with a Taken vibe...This book kept me on the edge with every heart-pounding page. I will absolutely be reading more by Heather Chavez!
Great psychological thriller with an unexpected ending! I enjoyed how the author "twisted" up the characters so the reader wasn't always sure who was actually committing the crimes.
This book was a WILD RIDE! I literally gasped out loud several times and couldn't believe the twists the story took - there was no way I could have guessed where it was headed. It's a fun, fast-paced thriller that will surprise you when you least expect it. An amazing debut - I can't wait to read more from Heather Chavez!

Thank you to NetGalley and Edelweiss for an ebook to review.