Epic Kids

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 12 Feb 2020

I received this ebook from NetGalley and IBPA in exchange for an honest review.

I read this book together with my 4th grade son, and we both loved it! And when we reached the end of it, our response “nooo, why is it end!!”. We both want more action and adventures!

It is amazing, action-packed, sci-fi andvetorous book, recommend for middle grade readers. The main character also showed us “be humble, be kind, help others, take a wise decision” character. A great example to build great character of a middle-school age.

Thank you for amazing book that my son and I can enjoyed together.

This was a rather imaginative sci-fi adventure geared towards 4th-6th graders. And I really enjoyed it! One of the things I really liked was that the main character was "average" in all ways. He wasn't particularly popular, athletic, nerdy/academic, talented, etc. He was just your average kid who teachers liked (he followed the rules), but he didn't excel in academics either (except for English).  He is singled out by the "popular" kids one day and his adventure begins as he is drawn into some weirdness that ends up piquing his attention and begins a wild, otherworldly experience. This book is not exactly deep or complex, and the sci-fi/fantasy elements are sort of handwaved over, but that doesn't take away from one's enjoyment of the tale. I think many of my middle school students who enjoy fantasy or adventure would enjoy this one, even some of the more reluctant readers. It's a very quick read for readers, but it's short enough and interesting enough that even reluctant readers might take their time to read this one.

Thanks to #DavidBlaze, #NetGalley, and #IBPA for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This is a great children's book for upper elementary and junior high grade levels. My fifth-grader really loved the fantastical supporting characters, the imaginative storyline and the interesting main characters. He described the book as fast paced and fun. Five stars.
I received a complimentary copy of this ebook from the author, publisher, and netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Jake is your average 6th grader trying to fit in at school. When he gains the attraction of the cool kids, his life changes forever. Can he survive the dark forces that are out to get him and his friends? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good Fantasy middle grade novel. It was action-packed, silly, and fun. If you like stories like these, be sure to check this book out wherever ebooks are sold on November 20, 2019
Jake is an average kid who doesn’t stand out for anything special. He’s not even one of the best graders. Nor does he belong to the popular group, rather he is in the group of the rare ones, where all those who are rejected by the rest go.

The day Jake is invited to the popular table, he has no idea why or what prompted this invitation. He’s always felt out of place everywhere, He doesn’t even fit into the weirdos' table and this is the opportunity he’s always wanted. He wants to know what it feels like to belong to this group that everyone wants to be part of.

With many doubts and expectation, he accepts the invitation And with this simple gesture, Jake’s life takes such an unexpected turn that he could never have foreseen or imagined.

The book has just the right dose of fantasy and reality, with a lot of suspense and a fast-paced reading that goes further with each page. I think this is the beginning of a very funny series with Jake as the main carácter. And although it’s meant for a children’s audience, I’ve really enjoyed reading it.