Cover Image: The Christmas Wish

The Christmas Wish

Bitsy is not ready for Christmas. She is part of the widows club and a matchmaker.Bitsy wants to find love for Rosalie another widow.Rosalie and Everett don't make it off to a hot start.Everett is known as scrooge but starts to show Christmas spirit and have a heart. Everett was a little uptight sometimes he didn't want the town bells rung for a proposal. A nice clean short story. I liked the pacing. I liked the ending.
I really enjoyed this sweet, heart-warming Christmas romance. Loved this one.

Many thanks to the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
It's not Christmas, but its a stay inside all day snow day and this book was perfect for it.  I needed a good, warm romance and this was just the thing.  Rosalie and Everett and their dogs make for such a warm relationship and a good story.  It is a novella, so there isn't a whole lot of depth to the character development or details to the story, but just the right amount of puppies and Christmas to make your heart happy.
I so enjoy reading books by Melinda Curtis, her writing style just draws you into the story and enjoys getting to know the characters as well.  I love reading christmas stories and when you add furry babies to this you cant help but fall in love even more with them.  Christmas doesnt seem such a happy time for this town until you come into contact with such adorable furry friends, you cant help but get into the mood of the christmas spirit.  Grab your copy today and settle in for a uplifting read.
The Christmas Wish is a cute and fun Christmas novella.  It is everything you are looking for in a Christmas romance with a few surprises that you dont expect.  I liked this book very much.
The prologue with the widow's club felt like an entirely different story. In the beginning there were a lot of characters to keep track of, but the parts that focused on just Rosalie and Everett were very emotional. Overall this isn't my cup of tea, but is a no steam, small town romance that feels very much like a hallmark movie and I know that there are still readers I would recommend it to.
I thought this was a super cute holiday story! I enjoyed the characters, especially the fiesty widows' club. The story was just deep enough for the length, and although most romances are predictable, this one was fun and had a few surprises.
4.5 stars! Rosalie is 34 and a widow and the owner of a pet shop. He is nicknamed Ebenezer Scrooge and was blindsided by his wife's criminal ways. Everett is staunchly by the book, impersonal, and looking to leave the town as soon as his temporary work is done. Rosalie wants the parade route to go by her shop, but he refuses to play favorites. She is a "pet whisperer" and shows him how to train Tink, which is adorable all on its own. They seem to be opposites, yet find themselves attracted to each other despite that.

Both have trust and anger issues due to their spouses choices. Neither were looking for a second chance at love. I liked that both characters had a sense of the realistic. Both were likable. Rosalie's focus on her business while trying to be kind hearted went against his play by the rules attitude. There was fun banter as their attraction grew.

There were the older ladies in the town who were helping them get together. Nothing felt like a cliche. I found the story absorbing and I liked how it ended. Small town life at Christmastime: quirky, irritating, funny, and engaging.

I received an advance reading copy from Netgalley. This is my honest review. I'm so glad I got the chance to read it.
The Christmas Wish by Melinda Curtis is a holiday novella that is part of the Sunshine Valley series. The novel follows the Sunshine Valley town manager and holiday Scrooge, Everett and Christmas-loving pet shop owner, Rosalie. Everett and Rosalie find themselves growing closer despite being always at odds regarding the town’s holiday festivities. With the help of some adorable dogs, a few town matchmakers, a little Christmas magic—love might be the gift of the season for these two characters. Melinda Curtis gives readers a sweet and satisfying holiday novella.
This was the first time I have read anything by Melinda Curtis. A very, quick, easy read. I enjoyed it. A good, short Christmas read.
I floved this read, Everette and Rosalie are more like frenemies than enemies, but boy Everette really does channel his inner Scrooge. But as you get to know him you understand why and you know having Rosalie is just what he needs and you will just love Rosalie and she soo deserves love. Be ready for a bit of sass, big dogs, little dogs along with other cute animals, epic penny pinching and an almost ruined Christmas. This is not just a feel good Christmas book but also a lesson that no matter how bad you thinks things are something great can still come along. 🎄❤
Here’s the perfect holiday read for you. This is a sweet and swoon worthy story that I totally recommend to all book lovers out there. “The Christmas Wish” is a 5 star read for me!! Happy reading!!
Rosalie has put all her hopes and dreams into her pet shop after losing her husband.   She is trying to find a way to make it more profitable.  The idea is to have more traffic by the store.  She is trying to convince Everett the town manager to reroute the parade to give business to her side of town. Everett is not budging very easily.  He is trying to get his life back on track after he stumbled on his ex-wife stealing money.  Doing the right thing made him lose everything.  Both parties have experienced loss and are looking to recover from it.  Both have dogs that are a big part of their lives .  At least they have that in common.  As time goes by and they have several talks , feelings stir up neither expected.  Funny how life throws situations at us and eventually we figure them out.
We start with a a new town manager, who while trying to save the town, becomes known as Scrooge,  a widows Club who tries to match the younger crowd up, and a young lady attempting to open a new pet store. One is a widow, one has been divorced and it's up to the Sunshine Matchmakers to get them closer.   Bring in the ex-wife's dog showing up and you have the start of chaos.  This is an easy read, light hearted book to bring you easily into the Holiday mood.  Thanks to Net Galley for giving me the chance to read it.
The Christmas Wish: A Sunshine Valley novella by Melinda Curtis is a beginning of a new series. It is short but  is fast paced and packs a lot into  it.  This is Everett and Rosalie 's story. Everett seems to be the town Scrooge. they are not young kids and the matchmakers of  Sunshine Valley Widows Club which the secret Sunshine Valley Matchmakers Club  are at work. There are secrets, troubles, problems and Christmas involved which makes the story cute and a good introduction to Bushiness Valley. I can not wait to see what awaits  in Sunshine Valley. Melinda Curtis  has become an author that  always gives an enjoyable story.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and the publisher. Thank you.
If you're looking for a quick, cheesy, Hallmark-like book then you have found it here my friend.

This was a quick story about two individuals looking to mend their broken hearts without realizing they were trying.

It was fast, easy to follow, and quite predictable. Sometimes that is fun though.

Thanks Netgalley, Forever books, and Grand Central Publishing for the advanced copy. It was quite a cute read.
A sweet, lovely Christmas themed story.  I haven't read anything prior to this, by this author - but am going to be looking for some more to read.  I really like the characters and the story.
Short book. Festive . Hadn’t read any of the rest in the series but it didn’t stop me enjoying reading this book. It was well written and flowed well. Great wee read at this time of year when you don’t have a lot of spare time
This is a cute Christmas story, but it did not hold my interests.  The characters were not fully developed and lack chemistry. Some readers may enjoy reading it especially since a clean novel.  .
I adored this book so much!!

It is only a novella but a great beginning to the series. A perfect Christmas romance featuring a woman who loves Christmas and a man who is a self proclaimed Scrooge.

This was the perfect and sweet holiday romance!