Cover Image: The Caravan

The Caravan

This book struck me as an authentic and well-written version of Abdullah Azzam's life. Readers will get an up-close feeling for what it was like to live among a conquered and oppressed people. Those who object to Arabic names should read Dr. Seuss.
The author did an amazing job in tracing the origins of current jihadism through the life of Abdullah Azzam and his  proteges such as Osama bin Laden. An expert in jihadology, Hegghammer traces the path  of current Salafi-Jihadism from the 1980s to the present which can help anser many questions for those seeking answers about  groups such as Al-Qaeda and ISIS.
This horrible book is a biography of Abdallah Azzam and it is awful. So many Arab names (each very long and all seem to be very similar) on each page all strung together in a mishmash. It is impossible to remember who is who. Save your time and money. Skip this one.
Very interesting read. A topic that is everywhere at the moment. You can leRn a lot from reading this one. It was very well  written and flowed well. Lots to get your teeth into
Thanks Net Galley for the ARC

Impressive

That Net Galley has the book avail;able

That Hegghammer brings us real facts concerning the "peaceful" and shows at that when we look at events through the lens of only our own personal experiences we can miss the truth completely.  Impressive book