Cover Image: Trump and Us

Trump and Us

This book is very informative, and from social linguistic point of view, I like all the analysis from Trump corpus, and all charts showed readers a clear comparison between Trump and other candidates or presidents. The author analysed from various voters' perspectives, and his analysis of Trump is as well easy to read, with proper depth, and just have the good amount of past-present-future division.

The chapter is definitely well structured. Within each chapter, the author explains his goals in the beginning, and summaries clearly in conclusion part. It is definitely not the dry boring academic book for academic readers.

I would like to particularly mention is how nice I found the book title is. It is a challenge to write a book about Trump, objectively analysing his corpus, intention and influence, moreover, to link him with "us". Very inspiring book. Highly recommend!
When it is snowy and cold outside (and my car is buried under 2ft of ❄️ ), superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

Why did 62 million Americans vote for Donald Trump? "Trump and Us" offers a fresh perspective on this question, taking seriously the depth and breadth of Trump's support.

An expert in political language, Roderick P. Hart turns to Trump's words, voters' remarks, and media commentary for insight. T  he book offers the first systematic rhetorical analysis of Trump's 2016 campaign and early presidency, using text analysis and archives of earlier presidential campaigns to uncover deep emotional undercurrents in the country and provide a historical comparison.

"Trump and Us" pays close attention to the emotional dimensions of politics, above and beyond cognition and ideology. Hart argues it was not partisanship, policy, or economic factors that landed Trump in the Oval Office but rather how Trump made people feel.

This book is a waste of digital space/paper/brainpower. The man is an immature, bloviating, spoiled, ranting, petulant child and this book proved it so. He is not a politician, for sure, and I wonder and question why any SANE person would vote for him, based on this book alone!

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🤡
This book is a total waste of paper. The author loves to throw in very long words that normal readers have never heard of. Keep a dictionary close at hand if you do decide to tackle this dreadful book.
A shiny new toy! An ego larger than life! A pure branding able to sell itself to the masses!
You know fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!
Keep in mind a malignant narc once told me I'm the biggest fool for believing in the white lies and fallacies with immediate hope of those promises that were empty and barren.
This is the bottomless 'exhausting' black pit that never is fool.
It's about a source of supply. A constant need of 'pedestal placement' and non stop grooming and adulation.
Attention and praise with loyalty at the helm are warranted.
Should you choose to ask questions or inquire you will be devalued and discarded so quickly you're head will turn.
When you come to the conclusion it was smoke, mirrors, projection and a great chameleon able to adapt it will be too late.
The trail of destruction left in its wake is long.
The toxicity is dangerous.
There's no win! Unless you mean for the one 'larger than life' persona.
Those who blindly follow will be lead to the cliff.
In other words, DT knows how to offer up a great sale with shiny pieces known as 'fool's gold.'
It looks appealing even believable and credible yet ask anyone in the unfortunate aftermath and you'll learn the Jekyll and Hyde persona has a flip side under the grand iceberg of illusion.
It's a man who profits from pain.
It's a character devoid of empathy, compassion, concern for not only his fellow man but his fellow duties in office to his own country.
It's a man who makes rants a solid art form!
It's more than just a behavioral issue or a cognitive problem. It's more than vanity and selfishness. It's more than mere ignorance of the rule of law.
It's a feeling of being above it all. A sense of superiority and grandiose imagery.
It's someone who 'thrives in turmoil' and who feeds off attention even if negative in nature.
"Twitter is Donald Trump's world" or his playground in which he obtains benefits.
Gaslighting is common along with the twisting of facts as the new norm.
It's said that one will go so far as to use anger, fear, intimidation, manipulation, hurt to fulfill his obligations to self.
While voters felt trapped I'm sure they never could've seen the mirroring that was about to play out.
I'm sure like myself they had no idea the extent of the destruction and the desire to win at all costs.
I'm sure they now all have buyer's remorse.
There's still hope but only if those sworn with the duty to serve our great nation in accordance to our Constitution and our democracy follow it through till the end.
If not the only hope is to VOTE!
Trump and Us is a well documented history of the mistruths, immature rants, basic level of the English language and his simplistic views on politics and foreign policy. To be truthful I was not expecting any big (that is a Trump use of words) surprise. On the other hand+ Trump and Us explains why Trump won the election while being pitted against an opponent who could not relate to the common people.
I am not disappointed by the book, just the opposite as it confirmed my observations as a non American observer.. This book will provide valuable observations for budding political students.
Trump and Us by Roderick P. Hart
Grade: B
Worth Buying: Yes
'Trump and Us' takes an interesting and analytical approach in discovering why America secretly loves Donald Trump. 'Trump and the US', provide a detailed analysis of how President Trump mirrors the culture of America today. Throughout 'Trump and Us', the author, Roderick Hart provides example after example of how Donald Trump used and continues to use social media to sway American's opinions.