Surprise Under the Stars (Creature Campers Book 2)

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 18 Feb 2020

My son loved this book! I would say it's for younger readers, this is book 2 in the series. The language is easy for beginning readers and the story is engaging. The illustrations fit with the story perfectly and we enjoyed all the small details. This book was fun and full of lessons you don't even realize you're learning.

I received an advanced digital copy of this story through NetGalley and am leaving a voluntary honest review.
This is a book for young readers, I like it but not that much, the illustrations are beautiful nevertheless the history is very simple.
This was a cute story about needing friends, and not being afraid. The illustrations were also very cute.
If you gift it to a young kid, they'll probably love it and rate it 5 stars. It's just so cute, a tale about a bunch of creatures bonding at a camp, realising how friendship is more important than personal gains (food) I so disagree food is food man! But that's not the point here XD ..anyway it also has a villain so you might enjoy it more than you think. A stranger danger element going on.

Just sitting with coffee and this book, reading it, enveloping around cute lil characters and affectionately awwing at their cuteness and innocence as they enjoy camping.
Young readers will immediately fall in love with the wacky cast of charming characters and goofy situations. Though I hadn’t read the first book, I was able to pick up on the book’s unique sense of humor, the relationship between characters, and follow the story without any problems. I can’t wait for more Creature Campers!
I  received a free digital copy of this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

This was the second book in the Creature Campers series and it just keeps getting better. I love the oddball characters, the illustrations and the story line.

I can't wait for the next one to come out! I'm excited to see what Barnaby Snoop gets up to and I'm curious if we will ever meet any other campers.
I can not open this pdf on my kindle. please mark of they are pdf only. it is irritating to want to read a book and you have nowhere to open it or convert it to your kindle.
I still wish this series very well indeed, but I didn't find this second episode had quite the charm and successful story of the first book.  Our four unusual camp inmates are supposed to use their map-reading skills and compass prowess to find a picnic reward, but our dastardly human monster hunter is going to get in their way once again – as is something else…  This series still seems fine for the reluctant reader, or for someone who doesn't regularly choose their own books – an experienced reader will soon see through the rather flimsy plotting, and the way the book manages to be at the same time erratic yet distinctly taking us from A to B to C.  It's once again done nicely enough to provide for some light-hearted entertainment, but will never be deemed a classic by anyone.  Three and a half stars.
Another creatures campers. Good story and well illustrated. This collection has something to offer and is worth noticing.