OSCAR

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 27 Dec 2019

This is a lovely story of the relationship between man and dog. I liked the writing style and the story of Oscar the Rottweiler. A good read for dog lovers. Thanks to Net Galley for my ARC.
Oscar is a Rottweiler.  He is adopted as a puppy  by David.  Oscar as a puppy tests him appearing as the most independent puppy.  Oscar has his own thoughts on he what  wants to do.  He flunks puppy training class.  Oscar is not a mean dog.  He is mischievous.  David is easy going with Oscar.  Oscar grows up to be a gentle dog.  Oscar lets David know that he does not like being left alone.  If left alone, he has a tendency to tear up things.

I liked reading about Oscar.  His life as told in this book shows one what a Rottweiler can be.  I do think that they have been given a bad reputation that isn’t deserved.  I didn’t feel the connection between David and Oscar until it was almost too late.  It’s is a story worth reading.
David tells the story of living with a Rottweiler from pup to end of life with love for this great dog who chose him as a pup and loved David for all the years his gentle soul was here on earth. Oscar did not have a mean bone in his body and David wanted to make that clear with the negative ideas that are associated with the breed. A very easy read.
A sweet and moving story that made me smile and moved.
I loved the story of Oscar and I liked the style of writing.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.
This was a nice story if the relationship between a man and his Rottweiler. As the owner of a Rottweiler mix, I can relate to the gentle giant breed that David Lees describes.
This wasn't the best dog/human relationship book I've read lately but it was a sweet story.