Stone Cold

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Dec 2019

Detective Rebecca Watson has her hands full.  She and her partner are looking for a particularly vicious serial killer who cuts out the tongues of his victims before killing them.  He's also leaving bible verses at each scene.

If that wasn't enough to keep her busy, she's having to testify at the re-trial of a man convicted of murdering his girlfriend five years previous.  His defense attorney will try to do whatever  he can to get his client off ..... even trying to discredit Rebecca.

With a serial killer on the loose, she's having to find a connection among the victims ...and when they discover what the link is ... they have to follow a whole new trail.  When they get close to the killer, he turns his eyes on her and she becomes the next target.

This is the first I've read of this author ...and I was disappointed at all.  It's well-written with terrific characters.  This one concentrates mostly on Rebecca ... her past plays a big part in this story.  I'm hoping the next book will feature her partner ... I really look forward to learning more about the ladies man.

Because of the author's personal background, he brings a lot of credibility to his story telling.  The courtroom scenes are not only credible, but entertaining, as well.

Many thanks to the author / Wild Rose Press / Netgalley for the digital copy of this crime fiction.  Read and reviewed voluntarily, opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.