A Matter of Manners

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Dec 2019

This was an interesting story. It has suspense, intrigue, BDSM but not much romance. The plot made me keep turning the pages but I felt something was missing...the connection between the Duke and Duchess. I just didn't feel the chemistry or love between them. The entire relationship felt one sided, which was the Duke's side. I didn't feel what the Duchess was getting from this relationship.
I received an arc of this book via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
This was a difficult book to rate. It was a more considered erotic romance than the norm, with a decent not sex related plot.

Jeremy is a twice married Duke, who remains childless. Now widowed for the second time, he believes he can’t father a child, and is jealous of his cousin George’s fertility. When the Irish wife George has pretended to marry, while on a horse buying trip, turns up effectively barefoot and pregnant, he seizes an opportunity to set her up as his duchess and acknowledge the child as his own. Kate has her own issues to deal with, and tries to escape, however the stern Duke is relentless and hunts her down.

Unlike most of this genre, there was a detailed plot about Kate’s brother, and spying, which was quite interesting, and the erotic elements of the story were definitely well done and steamy, but the whole thing felt very long, the relationship between the leads felt overly convoluted, and the conflict went on for a bit too long. I also felt it was a bit disjointed, as if there were two books fighting each other in parts of the story.

I think with a more tightly edited story this would have been even better.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book and all opinions are my own.

Also posted on Goodreads
3.5 Stars

This was an enjoyable read but it's definitely missing something. I think it would have been a little better had the setting been different. I don't know if that's the something I'm referring to though.

I enjoyed reading about Jeremy and Katy but the writing felt a bit clunky a points. The BDSM was entertaining but once again I just feel like the setting was off. I think if you just want an easy read though, this wouldn't be bad.
Jeremy is a tortured man. Afraid of his true nature and has already buried two wives, he has been told he is sterile.  Katy takes a little while to get used to. Her secrecy is annoying, and I have serious issues with the cousin angle. Why would a man who obviously loves his wife in later parts of the book be portrayed as a philanderer, in the beginning,

The sex is off the charts in terms of heat. I am a big fan of BDSM romances, and this one certainly delivers. I am anxiously awaiting the next in the series.

I received an arc of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Ok. If you have a problem with doms and subs, this book is not for you.

Even with the tying up, etc, the story is really good. Characters are interesting.  Good plot.  It's up to you.
In-depth characters and a well developed story by Terry Graham.  Found this enjoyable and look forward to more in this series.  First time reading this author who puts forth his skill in this craft.  "A copy of this book was provided by Wild Rose Press via NetGalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion."  NOT JUST AN EROTIC READ IT IS MUCH MORE!
A Duke who believes he is sterile keeps on the pregnant Irish woman who he finds out was married to him by proxy. He's insistent he'll never touch her but their blazing chemistry land them in bed and the Duke discovers Katy is definitely into his sadistic nature.

An erotic historical with a lot of steam, but please see the CW below for more info if needed.

CW: Katy has a miscarriage on page. The Duke finds out he is not sterile and they go on to have many children.
Really enjoyed the aspect of Victorian with splashes of bdsm, but I really wasn't into this bdsm. Don't really think it pulled the plot a long (which I thought the plot was pretty good). Just wanted more back story on the main characters.
I got this as an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoyed the book because the author describes every detail of the surroundings of the characters.
It’s not only the typical romance story and is not only sex. The two principal characters are so good for each other and don’t jugde them at all.
Jeremy the male character, has this taste for sadism in the bed. But don’t get wrong he is not Christian Grey and don’t have a dark past, he just like that kind of thing and Kate accepted him without any doubt.
That kind of acceptance caught my attention because I didn’t read it before. That kind of love that Kate has for Jeremy was amazing and cute.
The sex scene was equally detailed as the others scene so, you can imagine being Katy.
Terry Graham also put a little of history mentioning the Battle of ross and adding spies as principal characters. It was entertaining and different.
The bad
The only thing that I didn’t like was the relations between the two-principal character, it was a big cliché.
Also, the author doesn’t mention Jeremy's  past so you don’t not well why he likes this kind of behavior in the bed.
Conclusion
Overall the story was good, it’s a little bit of different in this huge sea of erotic novels. Because not only read the bed scene but also you can have little glimpses of the story behind of the characters.
I received a free copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.  A matter of manners is a steamy read.  Jeremy believes that no woman will want him because of his being a Dominant just as his two deceased wives didn't.  He also believes himself impotent so when Katy shows up at his door pregnant and claiming to be married to his already married cousin he  sees the perfect solution.  He will take her as his wife and claim her child as his own.  I loved the relationship  between jeremy and Katy.  The way Katy allowed jeremy to accept who he was and his desire was perfect.
This book was good. Having never read this author I was unsure what to expect. This book was wonderful. It had all of the aspects you would expect and a great story as well. If you are looking for something steamy to read this is the book for you.
A really good romance. I loved all the characters and the historical setting. I will read more of this author.
Very enjoyable with the right mix of plot and heat. I would definitely read this author again and I hope there will be more in this series. I only have two quibbles— 1) I really  wanted to see the scene between our heroine and her grandfather. What happened to the letters her mother sent? Why did he think she was dead? How did they get to know each other? 2) The club scene reads like teaching a kink 101 lesson in the 21st century and it pulled me out of the story. I get that it was supposed to be a lesson for the heroine, but there are ways to make it seem more period and in future novels, that may be something to consider. But my quibbles are rather minor and this novel is worth your time.
Jeremy has just heard the news that his cousin George (his heir) is a father again.  He isn't happy! but he has resigned himself to that he will never have his own children.  Katy comes into his life when she is announced as Duchess having married George in Ireland. It comes as a shock to her that she isn't married, that George is already married and that her da just might be right.  Jeremy, after having two wives die, isn't looking for a third, but fate it seems has provided him with the possibility of a heir.  Terry Graham has written a story that is compelling to read.  I found it well researched to the d/s and how that relationship is one of trust.  Katy and her family have seen how that trust can be abused.  I liked the characters as they all have interesting backstories and i liked how Katy found her grandfather and that they were able to have a relationship develop.  The sexual scenes are written sensually and in detail but are not explicit.  There is danger as Katy goes alone to find her brother and try to rescue him.  There is lies, deception, d/s scenes, friendship, mystery and murder that will keep a reader hooked.  Will Jeremy and Katy have a HEA? read the story to find out!  Recommended!!
Enjoyed the story of Jeremy and Katy in that it is well written, entertaining and holds your attention.  You first meet Katy when she arrives on Jeremy’s doorstep looking for George who had married her while in Ireland and was the father of her unborn child.  At that time, George was acting as Jeremy’s proxy and failed to mention this little fact or telling Katy he was already married. The story also revolves around  a government mole that has led to the death of numerous innocent people in Ireland.  A big part of the story involves Jeremy’s sexual need to dominate and inflict controlled pain upon his wife, Katy who is also his submissive.  The domination is intensive and erotic in nature and makes this a great story.  There is so much going on in this book that I could not mention it all and if I did it would spoil the story for you but I would highly recommend this as a great read.
This is my voluntary review, in my own words, for this ARC.  Well!  After reading this I had to put my tablet down to cool off!  SMOKIN!!!  This is NOT a book about table manners.  If you like strong men and women who like a bit of rough slap and tickle, you need to wrap this book in brown paper, buy it and go home to a secluded place and read it!  If you are more inclined to tamer books then pass this one by and look for another.  Aside from the steam side, this is well written with intrigue and great characters that will keep you reading.
Jeremy Wyles believes himself sterile. He's also a sadist and fears no lady would agree to marry him. When a woman shows up on his doorstep, pregnant and claiming to be his wife.When I started reading I couldn't put it down.Terry Graham is magnifysent and amazing writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.Can't wait for the next book.
Not into some of the sexual content in this book, but I did enjoy the story line. The characters were interesting and the events Were believable.
4 stars.
I got this as an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book is about Katy and Jeremy's marriage and how it blossoms from a simple arrangement to trust and adoration from both sides.
Jeremy was definitely my favorite character in this book, I loved how he was so protective of Katy and wanted to help her with everything in life, I did however think he should have given in earlier.

Honestly - this book should have been much shorter than it actually was, it would have made the reading experience better because nothing really special happens in the first 35% of the book.
I received an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review

Pretty steamy, the romance is pretty basic, but I’m assuming you don’t read these for the plot. Solid three