Past This Point

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

Finding one’s self in an unimaginable time

Karis found herself in an unimaginable time.  All of her friends and co-workers have perished from the strange “Flu” that is spreading across the states.  She has barricaded herself in her apartment with her dog Zeke.

She is afraid to go outside, she begins to here strange noises and to imagine things.  She goes over her life and her relationships and wonders what went wrong and why she is still alone at 38.

Her only contact is over the rooftops and through windows talking to two young girls taking care of their sick mother in another apartment building.  Then the mother dies from the flu and one by one the girls die from the flu. Karis is now alone with only a phone call to her mother and her dog Zeke.  Then the lights go off, the water is turned off and there is no heat and nowhere to get food or supplies.

The only way out is to find a car that works and escape to the west which is still an unaffected zone.

Will she make it out alive?  Will she perish in New York in her apartment? The answers are in the book. Pick up a copy today, you will enjoy it. I recommend this book.

Thanks to Nicole Mabry, Red Adept Publishing, LLC, and NetGalley for allowing me to read an advance copy of the book.
What a great book. I really connected with the main character Karis. I loved her ingenuousness when times got tough, and I learned some survival skills if ever needed.

Nicole Mabry did an excellent job of bringing all the characters to life, and they all felt so real. The events in the book moved from heart-pounding action to super tender, tear-jerking moments. Having two dogs of my own, I understood how Karis felt about not leaving Zeke behind and risking her life to stay.

The book grabbed me from page one and didn't let go until the last page, and I was sad to get to the end of the book.

If you like post-apocalyptic books with great action, great dialogue, and strong characters, I highly recommend picking up Past This Point. You won't regret it.
This book was a fascinating and gripping novel! It was nearly impossible to put down, as I anxiously awaited what might happen next. I liked the pace of the story until the very end, when it felt a bit rushed. That said, I really enjoyed this book!
Excellent post-apocalyptic novel. Karis lives in New York, and after a series of failed relationships, has more or less withdrawn from the world, or at least that portion of it. Everyone seems to be getting sick, so she closes herself up in her office at work and practically bathes in hand sanitizer.

As time goes on, it becomes apparent that the sickness isn’t some garden-variety bug, and her self-imposed exile ends up saving her life.

She makes do for herself and her dog by finding food in the apartments of neighbors who have died, and resorts to gathering acorns from around the street oak trees.

Captivating and interesting. Highly recommended.