Hannah's Courage

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 07 Feb 2020

Hannah took things for granted...well, she took Timothy for granted.  She loved him but she wasn't ready to settle down.  But she didn't plan that there would be competition.

It was frustrating in seeing this couple dance around and not communicate what they really needed to say to each other.  Hannah tried to find the perfect moment to tell Timothy her true feelings.  She just didn't have the courage to be vulnerable and open to rejection.  She almost lost the chance of true happiness.

We all need to take a risk or two in life.  Hannah finally took à risk.
With this risk, she discovered who she was.

Prayers to our Heavenly Father will guide and keep us on the right path.  Hannah and Timothy knew that with prayer GOD will provide the answers.

Philippians 4:6,7: Pray about everything
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.”

I received this for free from Celebrate Lit to review.

I loved it!
Hannah’s Courage is an Amish Charm Bakery novel by Molly Jebber. The book can be read as a stand alone novel although it is part of a series. Those who enjoy Amish fiction with a romance included will want to consider adding Hannah’s Courage to their TBR pile. In Hannah’s Courage Hannah has to face the fact that her fear of change may just have cost her the love of her life.  Hannah faces her fear and makes changes in her life which eventually lead to her marriage. Molly Jebber seems to understand Amish life. Her characters are well-developed and the relationship issues are ones many can relate to. Some of the dialogue seems a bit stilted but overall Hannah’s Courage is an enjoyable read. I especially appreciated Hannah’s treatment of a special needs boy and her ability to turn troublemakers into leaders – she can serve as an example to others.

I would not hesitate to add Hannah’s Courage to my K-12 Christian School library. It would be appropriate for middle school and up.

I want to thank Celebrate Lit for a complimentary copy of Hannah’s Courage. This is my honest review.
Molly Jebber is wonderful as always! I love her books and I try never to miss one!
Her stories are timeless, and offers Hope, Love and lots of Inspirational messages throughout her books. It's what I love about this author. Her stories flow from her pen that they will draw you into the book before you know it. I love Charm, Ohio. I feel like I've lived there all of my life and I have "friends" there  that I like to visit a lot from the books of course. So I was delighted to get a hold of this one.
She is an excellent storyteller and she practically had me drooling because of all the baked goods.
Hannah is a remarkable character except for one thing. And believe me, I'm sure that everyone is guilty of this.
She has trouble telling Timothy how she feels about him. I almost cried along with her.
One of the character's is hard to get to know but then there are people in real life like that. They're too afraid to let people in. Not me, I wear my heart on my sleeve so to speak and that's my mistake.
I am a people person like Hannah is. I love working around people and even getting to know some of them. It's what my job required me to do.
You know, "With God, all things are possible when you ask  HIm for help. He's always there waiting on us to receive Him.
However; there are those who are afraid of change.
Fear is the ultimate evil of the world. When we don't understand something it can cause us to do something we don't normally do and that includes even trusting in God. I'm like that are you?
I can relate in not liking change but sometimes it's good for us whether we like it or not. Sometimes God closes the door and opens another we just have to be willing to walk through it. Change is hard but with God in the picture anything is possible and it definitely takes willingness and courage to walk through that door.
Who knows? It may the best thing that ever happened to you.
This is a story of grief, loneliness, and at times courage, love and heartbreak all rolled into one to make an excellent story.
This is  why I love Amish stories. Because it shows how the Amish people have the courage to do what they do.
I still think that we can learn from them and I think in some things we'd all be better off living in the old ways.
This book will not let you go until you finish it and Molly's character's will leave you thinking about them long after the story is finished and leaving your heart full and satisfied. I also will reread this book in the future just to revisit my friends in Charm.
And I do want to point out to you the year 1912. Can anyone tell me what happened then lol?
I received this complimentary book from Netgally/author with NO compensations received and I was NOT required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.
5 Stars: 5/5 Star Rating Scale

I could smell this book as I was reading due to the author's vivid descriptions set in the Amish Charm Bakery.  Take a sniff and smell the maple sugar cookies, sugar cream pies, and coffee brewing.  Take a seat and let Hannah, Ellie, and Magdalena serve you.
Hannah loves Timothy but waits too long in telling him and he begins courting another Amish newcomer, one who is ready to marry and move into the new home that Timothy built.  How will Hannah stand seeing them together when she loves him so dearly?   Will she ever have the courage to tell him how she truly feels?
I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy Amish fiction and Christian fiction.  This book would be appropriate for teen readers as well as adults.   This was such a fun, sweet book for me to read.  Charlene was quite a character!  She was not an easy character to love.  Hannah, on the other hand, was gentle and kind and I fell in love with her.  Ellie was a feisty character who would go to the end's of the world for those she loves.
I received a digital ARC of this book from netgalley and Zebra Publishing.  All opinions expressed are my own.
I am fascinated by the Amish culture and lifestyle. They have a love for family and trust in God that is strong. Hard work is part of their lives as is good cooking.

Hannah’s Courage is a Christian historical Amish romance by author Molly Jebber. It takes readers into the Amish world in the early 1900’s. Set in Charm, Ohio this is part of The Amish Charm Bakery Series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but it would be better to read the earlier novels first.

This is the tale of Hannah. She works at the bakery and tutors Aaron. Timothy is Aaron’s older brother and has been in love with Hannah for along time. Hannah has finally decided to declare her feelings to Timothy when a new girl comes to Charm and sweeps him off of his feet.

The author has incorporated many timeless life and inspirational lessons into this delightful story. She has a lovely writing style that is easy to read. A twist is thrown in to make the story interesting. Her characters are realistic and well rounded. The dialog flows without a hitch. The setting was well researched and defined so that I could imagine everything. I wanted to visit the bakery and chat with the three girls.

In the back after the story, readers are rewarded with recipes. I was thrilled to be able to make some of the treats I had been reading about that sounded so scrumptious. There is even a list of Amish words and their meanings, too.

I definitely recommend this book. It would make a great reading group choice. I received a copy from Celebrate Lit but these are my own true words. I rated it a 4 out of 5 stars.
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Hannah and Timothy had loved each other for a long time. But Hannah was content working in the bakery with her friends, and she hated change. So she keeps putting Timothy off when he tries to pursue her. It’s when a new family moves to Charm, with a young lady around Hannah’s age, nonetheless, that Hannah realizes she may be too late to tell Timothy her true feelings for him. Where will this leave Hannah?

I always look forward to reading a Molly Jebber book, because I know it is a story I will love and enjoy. Hannah’s Courage was a refreshing new read for me. I love the Amish Charm Bakery and the ladies who work there day to day baking the most delicious sounding foods. But most of all, I enjoy the relationship and fellowship of these sweet ladies. I learn a lot from the advice they give to each other. This is a workplace I would love to work. They all get along so well, and one doesn’t try to get ahead of another. And I enjoy the talk about their men, or the lack thereof. Though I was wishing Hannah wouldn’t have been so strong willed, and let one of her friends talk to Timothy, since she wouldn’t tell him how she feels!

And then there is Timothy’s brother, Aaron. Hannah and Aaron have such a sweet relationship. And Aaron is doing so well in school as Hannah tutors him. But Hannah is about to make a decision that will shake everyone up. And there is so much more to this story I would love to comment on, like Charlene Shetler, but you really need to read this beautiful book to enjoy the story more. And I don’t like giving away too many clues! I encourage you to pick up a copy of Hannah’s Courage today!!

A copy of this book was given to me by the author or publisher. I am not required to write a positive review. The opinions here in this review are totally mine alone. I am disclosing this with my review in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
“With God, she believed all things were possible. She had motivation, and maybe it was time she exercised courage.”

Although in the past I have only rarely read Amish stories, in the past year or so they have become a regular addition to my reviewing schedule. The quaintness and slower pace are refreshing in comparison to modern daily life, as are the steadfast devotion to God and the fervent sense of community. At the same time, the ways in which Amish and Englisch lives are alike enhances the reading experience. With this book, in particular, the parallels stand out, and the characters seem very relatable, without the disconnect that sometimes occurs with this genre.

A mixture of sweetness and heartache, “Hannah’s Courage” is book 3 in Molly Jebber’s Amish Charm Bakery series. While it is not necessary to read the first two books in order to understand the story, take into consideration that there are spoilers for the major plotlines. Except for a few scenes that featured motor cars, the fact that this story is set in 1912 did not stay in the forefront of my mind; mostly because of the Amish lifestyle, there is a timelessness that seeps through the pages. The language also has a natural flow to it, and a brief dictionary is included for the Pennsylvania Dutch words that the characters speak. The setting of Charm, Ohio is one I’m familiar with because I have been to and shopped in the Berlin area numerous times over the years.

Endearing characters populate this novel, each with struggles and flaws like the rest of us. Admittedly, though, I did become frustrated with some of them, and the narrative seems as though it could be edited down to avoid drawn-out episodes and drama. The title character was my favorite because I identified with her dislike of change and I also applaud her for the selflessness she demonstrates continuously. Attempting to avoid making the same mistake twice, “She’d rise above her inhibition and nurture the courage she’d found within her” because “He didn’t promise life would be easy. He promised to never forsake her, and she claimed that promise.”

I received a complimentary copy of this book through Celebrate Lit and was not required to post a favorable review. All opinions are my own.
I struggle to be courageous. It's enriched my life. I've learned change doesn't need to be feared. It can broaden your scope of friends, teach you lessons through new experiences, and help create wonderful memories. It is through the struggles courage is gained and faith is deepened.

Hannah doesn't like change. Her life has been living in complacency in the fear of change. Timothy has been her good friend all of her life and living in the Amish community, she knew Timothy wanted more. She avoided any conversations of courting and marriage. However, when Timothy brought a "new" friend to Hannah's bakery shop, she knew she was too late. It is that missed opportunity to she realized how she felt for Timothy. Hannah knew she needed to make changes in her life and one was courage. Wanting to only to depend on God and prayer, she left her community to work as a teacher. However, Timothy's new friend was more of a foe and Hannah's courage was tested when she confronted Timothy of what type of woman she really was.

In her love for Timothy she found new courage to make the changes she needed to make. Love does cast out all fear!

A Special Thank you to Kensington Books and Netgalley for the ARC and the opportunity to post an honest review.
HANNAH’S COURAGE is the third book in the Amish Charm Bakery series by Molly Jebber. It is the story of Hannah Lapp and how she is dealing with knowing she waited too long to let her feelings be known to Timothy.  He has always loved her but he can’t wait forever for her.  At that moment he is pursued hard by Charlene.   She refuses to listen to the gossip about Timothy and Charlene, but knows it’s going to be hard running into them in town and asks God for some guidance.

Molly Jebber sure knows how to make the reader feel as if they are right there at the kitchen table with the family dealing with all their troubles and HANNAH’S COURAGE is exactly that! She made me sad, then the next moment I was smiling and giggling out loud! You can never go wrong with a Molly Jebber book if you are a fan of the Amish genre. All of her characters feel genuine and relatable and put your emotions on one heck of a roller coaster ride. As you are reading, you will find yourself cheering for all of them, praying they can work out their problems and be happy once again. You will also wonder how much heartache a family can stand before it completely breaks down and splits.

HANNAH’S COURAGE is a heart tugging story filled with grief, loneliness, heartbreak, and love that will hold you hostage until the very last page. Once I started this heartwarming story, it was very hard to put down! I really prayed that Hannah would be able to convince Timothy of Charlene’s deceit before it is too late.   Molly Jebber isn’t afraid to write about subjects out of the norm as far as the Amish genre goes. Oh, as a warning to the reader, keep the tissues handy and do not read the ending in a public place unless you don’t mind crying in front of strangers! I’m so excited to continue catching up on all of Molly Jebber’s previous books.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from CelebrateLit though Netgalley.  All opinions expressed are my own and were voluntarily given.
This is the 3 book ii this series.   The author has written a story that flows easily, develops her characters in a way that you connect with them and shares a message of God’s love in a way that fills you with peace. I am disappointed that the story is over because I wanted to continue visiting with Hannah and Timothy and the other characters. This is  Hannah’s story of Courage and is a heartfelt Amish story about love, faith, forgiveness, second chances and courage.
It's 1912, in Charm, Ohio and Hannah Lapp loves her job in the Amish Charm Bakery. Her friends/soulmates work with her and they all seem to blend together into a nice cohesive whole. BUT....Hannah throws a clinker in the mix and decides that she cannot bear to see her lifelong friend Timothy Barkman, showing interest in the new girl in town. So Hannah goes against her feelings and decides to leave....to leave Charm and travel to another Amish village to accept a school teacher's position. Oh, boy....a snap decision that Hannah will have to come to terms with and learn to live with.....much to everyone's dismay. Follow this woman, as she gains confidence and determination. Follow Timothy and see where does his heart lie. A good story that was a little slow to get started, but kept my interest enough to find the answers.
I have read many books from this author and have enjoyed each one. This story is special because the author has achieved something that at times is hard to accomplish. She has written a story that flows easily, develops her characters in a way that you connect with them and shares a message of God's love in a way that fills you with peace. I am disappointed that the story is over because I wanted to continue visiting with Hannah and Timothy. I am hoping that the author will continue the series with one of the characters from the bakery.

Hannah and Timothy have been   dear friends forever and it has come to a point where they each have deeper feeling for each other. I loved how the author shared how much of a gentleman Timothy is. He is committed to his faith and the Amish ways. I learned some new things about the Amish which delighted me. I knew that the Bishop has to approve things but I didn't know you had to ask permission to attend an English wedding.

Hannah is sweet and hard working. She loves to bake and loves her time working with her friends at the bakery. I want to visit an Amish bakery sometime and sample everything. It was interesting to read how much work they do to supply bakery items for sale. I would not want to get up early in the morning to start baking.

The story is a romance but so much more. Have you ever regretted not telling someone how you feel? Hannah will learn a hard lesson when she waits to long to share her feelings for Timothy. I loved the addition of Charlene and it did give Hannah a little shock that Timothy could have feelings for someone else. Charlene is not the most pleasant person to be around and is very pushy. I know she was mean but my heart went out to her. She wanted someone to love her and was willing to lie and say hurtful things to get her way.

It will take a journey for Hannah to realize what really makes her happy. Her patience with Timothy's brother is such a beautiful testimony to how selfless Hannah is. Aaron really has come a long way in school since Hannah has devoted her time to teach him one on one. There is so many wonderful parts of the story that I want to share, but I can't spoil any surprises. If you are looking for a story about family and a lesson on courage this is the perfect book to read. The author includes a bit of history about motorcars and other inventions that  make the story realistic. Come join Hannah, Timothy and the town as we find love, laughter, friendship and courage to trust God in all things.

I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit. The review is my own opinion.
Hannah’s Courage by Molly Jebber is a cute, Amish romance with a love triangle that confounds me.
Hannah Lapp works in a bakery with Ellie and Magdalena, and eventually a few others. The relationships we see there are warm and energizing. If you wouldn’t want to work in Liza’s Bakery, you would at least want to make it a daily stop, like Sheriff Williams and Dr. Harrison. These older mid-life men are fun secondary characters, adding breadth to the story.
No one but Timothy Barkman is going to like Charlene. At first, helping a newcomer to the area, he finds she attaches stronger than a hungry flea. Unfortunately, she’s rude and rotten to the core. (Ellie likes to call Charlene “Miss Nasty.”) Everyone but Timothy can see Charlene’s bad personality, and I’m left thinking, ”Can even a person in love be this blind?!” Charlene fails to consider Timothy’s wishes and requests about her forward behavior.
As a former teacher, the book both delighted and dismayed me. These reactions had to do with Hannah and the course of actions she took. I can’t say more without spoilers.
What unimpressed me? The story moseyed a little slower than I would have liked. I wished the novel would have had a little more substance. Also, I felt like there was one possible loose end that loomed over most of the book and then quietly disappeared.
Why would I want to read more? The relationships in the bakery mentioned earlier. Maryann is a person that enters the book early on. By the end, I am intrigued enough that I will look for the next book by Molly Jebber to read her story.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author and publisher. This does not influence my opinions. I am voluntarily leaving my thoughts, for which I am solely responsible.
This is my first time reading a book by Molly Jebber and it was an interesting experience. I liked how Molly Jebber was not afraid to show her character's mistakes. Hannah, in particular, took her mistakes and used them to take time and listen to God’s calling on her life, in doing so she was able to help others in need. Timothy seemed like a good guy caught between a rock and a hard place. He had some problems to overcome and he overcame them in an interesting way. I personally did not like how both main characters seemed to blow things way out of proportion to the situation, and how they were not very brave. The story plot was interesting, I love anything to do with baking, and the setting was also interesting. Overall, I would say this was a good read, but not my favorite.
I give this book 3 out of 5 stars, for the interesting storyline, the story of hope, and the happily ever after ending.
*I volunteered to read this in return for my honest feed back. The thoughts and opinions expressed within are my own.
I love Amish books! This was no exception! I don’t know what it is... the honesty, the community, the pure simplicity of their lives... regardless, I enjoyed following with Hannah on her journey to happiness.
This is the first book I have read by Molly. I don’t read too much Amish fiction because I struggle to find it interesting, but I always want to give it a try (I have a few more reviews coming up in Amish fiction).
I am really torn with my review on this one. Parts of it I enjoyed. I really felt the tension with Charlene and I did not like her at all, so the author did a great job of making Charlene the villain. But it really made no sense to me why Timothy would keep spending time with her when she seemed completely opposite from him. I didn’t feel that was believable.
I also appreciate Hannah’s desire to teach and step out of her comfort zone and do something new and I liked her circle of friends.
But if I am being completely honest I didn’t connect with the writing style in this book. It was very different from what I enjoy reading. Some wording felt unnatural and perhaps that was due to the Amish style? But I’ve read other Amish books before and didn’t really feel that way. The thought processes of the characters seemed forced, like that is was information the author wanted to tell us, instead of show us?
Again, there were parts I did enjoy and if this is an author you have read and like then you will probably enjoy this book as well.

A copy of this book was given to me through the Celebrate Lit Team. All opinions are my own.
I enjoy reading sweet, wholesome stories, and Molly Jebber’s stories always have a way of touching my heart. What I’ve loved most about this series is the Amish community of Charm, Ohio, in the year 1912. These books make me wish I could visit the bakery there and talk with Hannah, Ellie, and Magdalena.

We read this story from the viewpoints of both Hannah and Timothy. Hannah’s a lovely young Amish lady who enjoys visiting with and helping her friends and family. She’s not been in a hurry to get married, even though Timothy has been courting Hannah for some time. However, Hannah has misjudged Timothy’s feelings about the delay. Timothy thinks Hannah likes him only as a friend, and he decides it may be time to move forward with someone else who is serious about marriage. He meets Charlene, a newcomer to their community, and she immediately makes her interest in Timothy known to all. Hannah realizes the true state of her heart, but is it too late for her to make this known to Timothy?

I was quite interested in the characters in this book. Both Hannah and Timothy are wonderful people, and it was easy to see that they belonged together. Charlene was a total contrast to Hannah, as she was manipulative and secretive. Although Charlene was sometimes over-the-top with her behavior, her character fit well with the storyline.

Amish fiction fans will enjoy this book. I’m hoping there’s still more to comeopinions are my from that little Amish community of Charm.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.
"Hannah's Courage" is the third book in the Amish Charm Bakery series and can be thoroughly enjoyed as a standalone. I must admit that I believe that I enjoyed it more because I had read the first two and to me, this story was a visit to old friends in a familiar community. Charm is a lovely little place that I have visited many times and there actually is a bakery that I can't miss going to ! Thus, the setting of this book stimulated all of my senses... I could smell those delicious goodies baking and  taste the wonderful pastries!

The characters are so realistically and well described that you easily identify with each one. Hannah was a dear person who feared change, much like myself. Although she had desires and dreams, she kept them to herself rather than pushing forward. She had deep feelings for a particular young man, she kept them to herself...... perhaps for too long. Did she miss her opportunity?? Charlene was a character who I struggled to like! She was pushy, at times to the point of rudeness. Not the type of person who I would want for a friend. She also had feelings for the young man, Timothy! Would Hannah regret her decision to leave the bakery, a job she loved, to teach, a job she did not really love, just to avoid watching romance pass her by?

The plot moved at a slow steady pace with some unexpected twists and turns to keep the reader engrossed from beginning to end of the novel. There were no jolting moments, however, this sweet romance had qualities that definitely appealed to me. Poor Hannah had so many challenges to face, some within, some caused by others.

Overall, this is a heartwarming tale that emphasizes love, faith and the courage to express ourselves in a kind, honest fashion. Hannah's faith kept her strong in times of challenge , achieving more than she ever expected.

All lovers of the Amish Fiction Genre will enjoy this book. Molly Jebber will not disappoint!

This book was received from CelebrateLit. The thoughts and opinions expressed are honest and my own.
An Amish Charm Bakery Novel, Hannah’s Courage, brings out several “food for thought” ideas, pardon the pun please. Foremost is courage to try new things and follow your dreams. Hannah was born and raised in small town Charm and never ventured outside her small town borders. But chasing a back burner dream may cause her to do that exact thing.
Good communication is another thing that is ignored by Hannah and her long time friend Timothy. How much heartache could have been avoided?
Spending quality time with children and allowing them to pursue their talents no matter how busy you may be. Another lesson taught well in this novel.
Friendship love and romantic love brought a few tears and happy smiles to my face.
Set in 1913 Charm, Ohio, being Amish did not change much in the time frame from today’s Amish other than a few tidbits of history brought out by the locals. The majority of the story was in the local bakery and the close friendship among the women that worked there. It made me hungry a lot though! An added bonus was some of Hannah’s bakery recipes in the back.
You don’t necessarily have to like Amish stories in order to enjoy this story rich in lessons for all of us in today’s world.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher through Celebrate Lit but was not required to write a review positive or otherwise.
Hannah’s Courage by Molly Jebber takes us back to May of 1913 in Charm, Ohio.  Hannah Lapp and Timothy Barkman have grown up together and have become close friends.  The relationship gradually changed, and they began courting.  Whenever Timothy would bring up their future, Hannah would change the subject.  Hannah is not one for change.  Seeing her best friend, Ellie Wenger happy with marriage has Hannah realizing she is ready to tell Timothy how she feels about him.  When Timothy enters Liza’s Amish Charm Bakery where Hannah works, she is delighted to see him until she notices the pretty woman on his arm.  Charlene Shetler is new to town and was quick to latch onto Timothy.  It seems that Hannah has waited too long to tell Timothy how she feels.  Charlene has no qualms about letting Timothy know she likes him and desires a future with him.  Timothy is uncomfortable with Charlene’s forthright manner, but he knows he needs to move on since Hannah does not reciprocate his feelings.  Matters can certainly go awry when we fail to communicate.  Hannah’s Courage is the third book in The Amish Charm Bakery series.  It can be read as a standalone, but I recommend reading this charming series in order.  Hannah’s Courage is nicely written, and the story moves along steadily.  The author made me feel like I was visiting Charm and could smell the delectable items that are whipped up at the bakery. I also liked that we get to see things from Hannah and Timothy’s perspective with the alternating chapters.  The characters are realistic.  We get to see them go through their daily lives where they have struggles as well as joyful moments.   The Amish community in Charm is close, and they help those in need.  They have a kindly and caring bishop.  Hannah works at Liza’s Amish Charm Bakery with her friends Ellie and Magdalena.  I like that we get to catch up with Liza and Ellie to see how they are doing.  Maryann and Rachel join the bakery ladies and they are a welcome addition.  The friendship between these ladies is heartwarming.  They are good friends who support each other.  Hannah is a kind woman with a strong faith who dislikes change (I can certainly relate).  I enjoyed seeing Hannah grow as a person and in her faith.  Charlene is a character that you love to dislike (she reminded me of Nellie Olson).  Aaron, Timothy’s brother, is a special individual.  Hannah is a patient teacher who helps Aaron to learn.  She can see the potential in him, and she encourages Aaron.  There is a special moment when Timothy makes a realization about Aaron that I find particularly touching.  I like how the author captured the time period by having the sheriff and the local doctor share the latest news each day.  I especially enjoyed the sheriff’s story (I do not want to say too much and spoil it for you).  Hannah’s Courage is a heartfelt Amish story about love, faith, forgiveness, second chances and courage.