Cover Image: Under a Firefly Moon

Under a Firefly Moon

Under a Firefly Moon is my first introduction to the Blue Hollow Falls series. I loved this book and look forward to reading the other books in the series. Five stars.
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

Donna Kauffman is one of my favorite authors and this is just another example as to why. This is a very quick read even though it is about 300 pages.

In this latest Blue Hollow Falls novel Chey and Wyatt meet back up Years ago they were teenage friends until Wyatt admitted his feelings for Chey and the friendship splintered. But now they are adults and life is different.

I have always loved Kauffman and her writing style. I love the way she writes her characters. They are so “real”. You want to be their friend. And being as I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains I can picture every scene she writes of this beautiful area of the country.

Donna Kauffman is always worth the read.

Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Chey and Wyatt used to be best friends, but they grew apart when Wyatt's feelings for her changed into something more. Years later, they reconnected at Blue Hollow Falls for a second chance at friendship and love.
This one is a sweet, heartwarming romance that will make you smile and hold your arms out for some hugs.
Oh my heart. It's all squishy and overflowing! This was a delightful addition (and I hope not a conclusion) to Blue Hollow Falls. Second chance, friends to lovers romance--with a bonus second chance romance for Vivi. Two thumbs up and an epic squee cannon salute.
I really liked Wyatt but I wasn't as crazy about Chey. It was a good read that kept my interest and a nice addition to the series.

Many thanks to the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
Under A Firefly Moon by Donna Kauffman is an emotional read that keeps you glued to your book until the end. I know I say this about everyone of the books in this series but I do believe this one is my favorite. Miss Kauffman’s stories always suck you into the storyline like you are really there, you feel what the characters are feeling and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
I didn't initially realise this was part of a series, so it was read as a standalone. It built a little slow but I liked the character development of Chey with her inner strength. I loved the involvement of horses in the story and the way they were portrayed realistically. I didn't get to know Wyatt quite as much as Chey. The author lost me at a point when the romance was put to the side and I felt bombarded by whole lot of ranting and squabbling over a political situation in the story at which point I skipped many pages, but overall I enjoyed the book.

I received a free digital copy via NetGalley, but the opinions expressed are my own.
We finally get former barrel racer Cheyenne McCafferty’s story and best of all it’s a second chance story! Between Chey and Wyatt that grew up in the rodeo world and grew apart. As we read the emotional journey of discovering new love from old and fitting for something you believe in. We are drawn more into the story as we find more information about the characters surrounding them and the towns problem with developers. All in all a remarkable story
This is an amazing second chance romance that I loved reading about. Though this is a series, I did enjoy this one as a standalone book and did not distract me from enjoying this fun read. The characters in this small town are written very well, those that you will love and even those you will dislike. The story was written with amazing characters and the story is truly heartwarming. Chey and Wyatt’s romance will have you cheering for them all along. I enjoyed the writing very much with amazing strong women characters that I love reading about.
Under the Firefly Room by Donna Kauffman is an enjoyable story about second chance romance.   The book starts off slow, but things progress at a good pace.  This was a well written story with fully developed characters.  Wyatt and Chey were well matched and I enjoyed visiting with all the characters from the previous books in the Blue Hollow Falls series at the Lavender Blue Farm. I enjoy reading Donna Kauffman’s books and recommend this story to you from her continuing series.  I received this advanced readers copy from Net Galley for my honest review.
I have read all the previous books in the Blue Hollow Falls series. Although Amazon notes this book as Book 1 in the Firefly Lake series.  I feel this book is a continuation of Blue Hollow Falls series. I regret this book just didn’t do much for me. I was lost about why the main characters reason for their friendship split. The details were revealed too late to keep me interested. Having read the Blue Hollow books, I feel this couldn’t be read as a stand alone. Too much history to understand the background if you don’t know about all the other characters.

Luckily I had a peak of the novella for Mother’s Day which is a really good read.

I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review.
Good story of second chance love, friendship, and family. Chey and Wyatt have a history. They were rodeo kids at the same time, best friends, along with Chey's brother, Cody, and later, Tory. As they grew older, Wyatt's feelings for Chey changed, but when he expressed those feelings, she shut him down. Wyatt left the rodeo soon after before Chey realized the truth of her own feelings, and they haven't seen each other since.

Years later, grieving the death of her bull-rider brother, Chey became friends with three other grieving women. Putting their pasts behind them, the "fearsome foursome" now runs a lavender farm. Chey also rescues and rehabs horses, and when her friend Tory calls with an urgent rescue, Chey can't resist. She also talks Tory into coming to work at Lavender Blue farm when she finishes her current job. Chey does not expect to see Wyatt arrive with Tory.

I thoroughly enjoyed that first meeting. Tory remained friends with both Wyatt and Chey and is sick of being stuck in the middle. The story of what brought them back together was heartbreaking and explained so much about what drove Wyatt. Things were a bit awkward between them at first, with both of them needing to forgive each other for the past. Though each of them has changed from the kids they knew, the core of their friendship is still there and is quickly augmented by the sparks of attraction. I loved watching them get to know each other as adults and appreciate the changes that time has caused. As they realized the depth of their growing feelings, Wyatt and Chey also knew that their current lives were not exactly compatible. Was there a chance for them that didn't involve one or the other sacrificing everything? I loved that they kept the lines of communication open and were willing to take the time to see what happens. Chey gets some good advice from Vivi, and an unexpected offer helps Wyatt make some decisions.

There is a secondary romance between Vivi and an old flame. She is quite a force of nature, and I enjoyed both her antics and her warmth, intelligence, and love. Her scene with the rowboat was fantastic and gave me a good idea of what to expect from her later in the book. I loved how her romance progressed. Grant was awesome and obviously head-over-heels for her. I also liked the parallels between her situation and Chey's.

There is also some excitement when Vivi discovers the town council plans to sell Firefly Lake to a resort developer. While these plans are portrayed as helping the town, in reality, they are more likely to destroy it. I loved how the Lavender Blue people and their friends pulled together, with a couple of surprise additions, to come up with a  viable alternative. Things got a little tense at the end as corruption and threats raised their ugly heads. The resolution of that scene had me glued to the pages until it was resolved. I did have to grin at Chey's strength of will combined with a bit of deviousness, resulting in a very satisfying conclusion.

This was my first trip to Blue Hollow Falls, but it won't be my last. I will go back and read the stories I have missed to learn more about the others. I'm also looking forward to future stories. Hopefully, there will be one for Bailey when she grows up, as she made quite an impression on me.
I really enjoyed this book and would give it 4.5 stars! I love how this book relates to the Blue Hollow Falls books which is one of my favorite series. The storyline and character development is so well done and I really enjoyed the side stories although some got a bit glossed over. I think the Author does a fabulous job getting the reader pulled into the story and I can't wait for the next book in the series.
I appreciate receiving an ARC for my honest review.
Under a Firefly Moon is a great addition to this series. I have enjoyed each book so far. I look forward to many more. It is nice catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.
Under a Firefly Moon is the latest book in Donna Kauffman’s Blue Hollow Falls series.  While this book is part of a series this book can easily stand alone. I was drawn in to this story full of laughter, tears, confusion, love, understanding and second chances.  Donna Kauffman’s characters are so wonderfully charming and have such depth that you feel like you know them.  Each book in the series focuses on a different character in Blue Hollow Falls.

The story is set in Kentucky's Blue Ridge Mountains as is the rest of the series. Blue Hollow Falls is the best of small towns and has a wonderful and beautiful setting thanks to Donna Kauffman’s artistry. Every time I read one of her Blue Hollow Falls novels it is like running into old friends. This particular story highlights being environmentally friendly without destroying the charm of the area and making the world a better place.

I had so eagerly anticipated this next Blue Hollow Falls book and it did not disappoint. It was fun being back in this wonderful escape of Blue Hollow Falls.  I can’t wait to see what Donna has up her sleeve next.  Well done!

I would like to thank the publisher, Donna Kauffman and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Highly entertaining, fun, emotional and action packed romantic journey filled with engaging charters, witty dialog, intriguing twists and exciting second chance. Really enjoyed this heartwarming journey!
A very touching and heartfelt book! This is the first book I have read from Donna Kauffman and I really enjoyed it.
This is the story of Chey McCafferty, who is the fourth partner in the Lavender Blue farm, and is part of the Blue Hollow Falls series (or maybe the first in the Firefly Lake series? The ARC didn't have a finished cover).

Chey and Wyatt Reed are longtime friends and companions from being on the rodeo circuit when much younger. They'd split up when they were 17 -- young love and all that.  Wyatt disappeared, leaving behind Chey, his horse Buttercup, and his abusive father, for parts unknown.  Their other friend Tory discovers Buttercup at an auction and saves him from certain death, then calls Chey to come get him. Tory's job as a stable manager is ending so Chey invites her to Blue Hollow Falls. Tory surprises her a few months later -- with Wyatt in tow.

So now Chey and Wyatt have a second chance at romance.  And Vivi, the erstwhile leader of the four, does as well.  Wyatt and Vivi's love, Grant, band together to keep a developer from building a huge resort on the lake that would bring lots of money into the town but would destroy it environmentally. They plan to build, but a much more environmental resort. The four women also figure out how they can work at the farm and still have lives outside of the farm.

It was great to see how the four women, all unknown to each other just a short while ago, have used their individual skills to make a real go of the lavender farm, and how they all managed to find love and make it all work out even better.
What would you do if the love of your life that you had left in your past suddenly walked right up in front of you? That's what Chey and Wyatt have to figure out. They have both moved on and have different/separate lives now. The love is still there beneath the anger and so is the desire for each other. Kauffman does an excellent job of displaying their thoughts and emotions as the story unfolds.
This fourth book in the series (also a spin-off) brings the characters of Blue Hallow Falls together to fight for what is right for their small town. I loved having the characters of the previous books show up in solidarity and the introduction of new characters. I'm ready to head back!
I was given a complimentary copy of this book via NetGalley. All thoughts are my own.
This story from one of my favorite authors, Donna Kauffman, is fantastic! I love her other series of books and this is a wonderful addition to her stories.