None the Wiser

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 05 Mar 2020

"The voice that had murmured to him through the wall of the confessional had been matter-of-fact, as if discussing a leaking tap that had been fixed."

56-year-old parish priest Seamus Carter is found brutely murdered in the church with his tongue cut out. Who would have killed this beloved priest?

Detective Sergeant Mark Turpin is called in a week before he has to start in his new job to help with the investigation. Will they be able to figure out why this happened and why this priest was killed in such a brutal way?......then a second priest is found dead and it starts pointing to something more sinister.

A brilliant and fast-paced read that keeps you on the edge of your seat with a very unlikely killer in the and.
Highly recommended!

Thank you to NetGalley and Saxon Publishing for the ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
This is the first book I have read by Rachel Amplett and I can't wait to read the next one in this series.

Mark Turpin seems to have some secrets of his own, but when called back to duty he can't refuse.  Especially when something sinister and dark seems to be happening in an small town.

I flew through this book in a day,  which says a lot. Kept me up most the night so I could get it finished.

It's a definite  recommend!
Reading this book made me think of watching a BBC mystery.  Very good and an easy read.  Will look forward to reading more from this author.  For people who love a great British myster.
Detective Sergeant Mark Turpin is new to the Vale of the White Horse, but he won’t have an easy transition into the small community. Priests are being killed, the crime scenes showing signs of ritualistic abuse and a quiet village is left to grapple with the fact that they are dealing with a vicious serial killer. Amphlett is a deft and clever writer and I look forward to the next book in this very promising series