Cover Image: Today Tonight Tomorrow

Today Tonight Tomorrow

5 Stars ( I did receive an e-arc of this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review)
TW: Anti-semitism

At the time I did not have an I-pad and some of the images were very distorted making it very difficult to read. So now years later I finally borrowed it from the library to read on my i-pad and this was adorable/cute/lovely and at times quite deep. Rowan and Neil have been academic rivals for several years, competing for valedictorian and now it's finally the last day of school. Rowan is suddenly realizing that after tomorrow everything changes. Now all that's left is the senior scavenger hunt called howl and due to unforeseen circumstances the two end up teaming up. So essentially the story takes place over the course almost 24hours, including silly clues, flirting, talking, a Shabbat dinner, writing/author conversations and realizations. There is an element near the end of the book that is a bit predictable (from reading so much YA contemporaries) but the way it was handled after was super emotional and beautiful. I now want to read anything the author puts out.
Rachel Lynn Solomon continues to impress with this sweet romantic comedy (truly a love-letter to writing and the romance genre) that had me highlighting entire pages at a time, making post-pandemic plans to visit Seattle and reflecting on my own high school and university self.

While YA is not usually my cup of tea, I would read Rachel Lynn's grocery list if Netgalley hosted it so I was thrilled to receive approval for this eARC.

Rowan and Neil are delightfully precious main characters whose story unfolds before us over the course of 24-hours during their last day of senior year, as they participate in a scavenger hunt. Despite their deep-rooted rivalry throughout high school, the pair team up (with the ultimate goal to beat one another in the end).

As a reader whose own experience in high school mirrors Rowan’s I found this a really thought-provoking, clever and entertaining read. Moreover, ‘Today, Tonight, Tomorrow’ presents a refreshing level of honesty and emotionally intelligent characters, sex positivity and commentary about the status/perception of romance novels among discussions about literature in society. I also deeply appreciate that in each of her books, Rachel Lynn incorporates elements of her own Jewish faith as she does in TTT through both Rowan and Neil.
This teen romantic comedy is by a successful American author, who is now living in Amsterdam.  The book released back in June of this year, but is the teen SPOTM pick for December.  The story is set in Seattle and is really a love letter to that location as well as a being very entertaining story for teens and adults alike. Rowen and Neil have been high school rivals since the freshman essay contest and now at the end of senior year as they about to announce the valedictorian, things have not changed.  After the announcement comes the Howl, which is a senior class scavenger hunt type of game. Neil and Rowen find out that a large group of classmates are tired of having them win everything and therefore have teamed up to take them out.  In order to give themselves a chance at winning, the pair team up and find out that maybe they don't hate each other after all.  This is a great recommendation for anyone looking for a fun, lighter read.
Things I should be doing: studying for exams. What I did instead? Binge read this book. Today Tonight Tomorrow was a heartwarming rivals to lovers high school romance with way more of an emotional hit than I expected. Rowan and Neil had layers and I loved seeing that unravel throughout the book. Their banter was adorable and it made my heart swell. I truly loved this book. It also had me kind of nostalgic for high school - I remember thinking of all of those lasts I was having and how huge those felt to me when I was in high school. I loved this book so so much.
Thank you, NetGalley and Simon & Schuster Canada for the ARC in exchange for an honest review
Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!

I loved the romance in Today Tonight Tomorrow, it was a very well-written rivals-to-lovers romance. I also really enjoyed the end-of-year scavenger hunt that the plot centers around. The romance is definitely aimed at older teen readers but I really appreciated the honest discussions around sex and desire. I also loved that the main characters were Jewish, I haven't read many YA books that feature Jewish main characters where they actually discuss their religion. Rachel Lynn Solomon does a great job of making you want to go and visit Seattle yourself.
This was a super fun end of school story. I loved the dynamics between the two main characters and how they came together. It didn't feel like it was unlikely or unrealistic. Paired with a super fun scavenger hunt - it was a win.
This book was everything! A real misunderstood enemies to lovers and coming of age story. The journey the characters went on to discover that they were meant for each other filled me with so much warmth. Loved the Jewish reps
I am an Indigo employee and received a digital copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest feedback.

Today Tonight Tomorrow is a sweet as pie, enemies to lovers story that I found so touching. Thing 10 Things I Hate About You but with academically inclined overachievers - it's even set in Seattle!

The characters were well written, lovely and flawed. Rowan and Neil while intense somehow weren't off-putting, but instead endearing. I loved their story and while there certainly weren't many surprises that couldn't be predicted from page 1, I loved every moment of it.

I also loved the tackling of normalization of sex for women - something that is not often talked about in YA where characters tend to fall into good girl or bad girl archetypes.

This read quickly and I'd recommend for anyone who wants to get back into the swing of reading or loves a good romance.
Tender, sweet, funny, and full of heart, this was a delight ❤️.

This book read like a love letter to Seattle, to romance novels, to love, and to nostalgia, and I really enjoyed it. Although largely lighter hearted, this book wasn’t afraid to shy away from difficult subject matter. It was well rounded, thoughtful, and so enjoyable!
This one surprised me. I didn't even read the synopsis before diving in because it was a work related read, but I'm super happy that I did it.

Today Tonight Tomorrow is a sweet and spicy romcom about two rivals who are forced to team up in a competition. You can see what's coming from a mile away, but that doesn't take away from the discovery at all. In fact, it made me root for them even harder. I may have mumbled, "Just kiss already." more than once.

The MC, Rowan, is likeable from the start. She's funny and honest and flawed. She is also relatable. And best of all, Rowan says it like it is. The talk about societal expectations and sex is frank, and I found that incredibly refreshing.

Do yourself a favor and read Today Tonight Tomorrow. I had a blast getting to know these characters.

Rounded up from 4.5 stars
The book takes place in Seattle and had great descriptions of the city, I learned a lot about it and now really want to visit. This was also a classic and literal enemies to lovers romance and I’m always a sucker for that trope and I really enjoyed how it played out. I could just feel the tension that had built up over the 4 years the two were competing against each other. Once they met up and began working together, you could just feel the chemistry between them. Rachel Lynn Solomon was able to create this tension and chemistry without really even explicitly saying it, it was just there.

The novel also talked about some important topics and they were handled very well. To start, both characters are Jewish and face anti-Semitism in their day to day life. This felt super powerful, especially when Rowan spoke about how her synagogue received a terror threat and she didn’t feel safe there anymore. There was also sex and body positive talk within this book and this was written really well.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and will be reading more of Solomons books!
To say I enjoyed this book is such a gross understatement that I won't even entertain it. I shotgunned this thing, nonstop from beginning to end, and didn't end up sleeping until 4:30am by the time I realised what was happening. This is everything I wanted out of What I Like About You; an interesting, driven protagonist with an actually decent love story where Judaism isn't used as a prop to make the story feel more inclusive. Rowan is a protagonist who shines, and I love her realizations throughout the book that maybe she wasn't right all along. She's never given a pass for her actions, never babied for messing up just because she's the "important" one of the story, and that's why I love her so much.

The story itself is full of clichés that it calls itself out for; rivals to lovers is something that's done time and time again in media and it never gets old for me. There's definitely moments that are difficult to get through, the constant fighting between Neil and Rowan even through the back half of the book gets borderline frustrating, but the fact that both characters have accountability for their actions makes this a refreshing change of pace.

I honestly think I just needed something a little fluffy for a bit, after reading some heavier stuff recently, but this hit the spot for me.
This was such a cute book, it makes want to write in all caps because I'm so excited! Wow what a ride! Loved the characters and the development, and exploring Seattle which I don't know a lot about. This book was just perfect for me. I will definitely read anything this author writes! Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for the free ebook copy!
LOVED this book! As a Jewish woman, I hardly ever see myself reflected in literature, especially in YA. The characters in this book were great and I really enjoyed the themes that were brought up.
Rowan Roth and Neil McNair have been high school rivals for the last four years. On the final day of high school, they are going to learn who is the valedictorian. They have the same grades and are even co-presidents of school council. After Neil wins the title of valedictorian, Rowan wants to win the final prize of their senior year. The graduating class does a special scavenger hunt every year, with this year’s price being $5,000. When Rowan learns that another student is planning on sabotaging Neil, she teams up with him to win. This is the first time they’ve spent time together not competing against each other, which makes them acknowledge their feelings for each other.

This is an amazing story! I could relate to Rowan’s experience in high school. I wasn’t the top of my class, but I had different expectations on what high school would be like. Rowan wrote a list of things she thought she would accomplish in high school when she was a freshman. When she opens the list on her final day, she realizes she didn’t do anything that she thought she would. This is such an honest representation of high school. Usually in movies or tv shows, high school focuses on the most popular kids who follow that typical idealized version of school. There are very few, if any, students who fulfill that role in high school, so I think Rowan would be relatable to many readers.

Rowan loves romance novels but no one else in her life thinks they’re worth reading. I could relate to this too. I loved reading when I was younger, but my friends in my teen years weren’t big readers, so I drifted away from it. If my friends didn’t approve of something I liked, I ended up putting it down. Now I know I should have stood up for what I liked, but it’s difficult to do when you’re a teenager trying to fit in. I think this part of Rowan’s life would be relatable to readers too.

I loved this book! I can’t wait to read Rachel Lynn Solomon’s adult debut next month!

Thank you Simon and Schuster Canada for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Today Tonight Tomorrow was a very cute contemporary novel. Taking place over the course of a day, it definitely was a fast paced book and executed the 24 hour trope very well.  It was sex positive which I loved and it really explored connecting with religion and identity.
The rivalry between Rowan Roth and Neil McNair began with a book report contest at the start of high school. Neil came in first and Rowan came in second and so the competition began. Now they are seniors and it is the last day of high school.  Both are in the running for valedictorian but it is Neil who is chosen and Rowan ends up the salutatorian.  Rowan has one last chance to beat Neil at something. The last day of high school the seniors participate in a scavenger hunt called The Howl. It is an intricate and difficult scavenger hunt and  Rowan is determined to finish in first place. As the contestants get eliminated the competition ramps up. Despite their ongoing rivalry Rowan and Neil team up hoping to win the competition.
TODAY, TONIGHT, TOMORROW follows a popular storyline. All through school Rowan finds Neil annoying. Suddenly or not so suddenly Rowan starts to think that Neil is cute with all his freckles and notices he has developed a some muscle tone. How could she possibly like him when she has always observed him as a pain and thorn in her side?
Even though the reader knows what to expect with this popular storyline I thoroughly enjoyed the transition from “I can’t stand you!” to “I am so into you!”. Rowan and Neil are likeable characters and carry the story to its’ happy conclusion.
I would recommend TODAY, TONIGHT TOMORROW to fans of contemporary romantic Y/A fiction.
Thank you to Simon and Schuster for the opportunity to read an advanced e-edition.
Loved it! It was cute, it was exciting, it was sexy, it was everything I love in an excellent story. So much about the story was dedicated to making sure that we, the readers, understand just how much Rowan loves Seattle, and by the end, I did. I loved this girl, and her love of genre specific books. Her love of her city, her friends, and her faith. Her drive and her compassion. I looooved Neil. His love of words, his freckles, his intensity, all of it. What a brilliant way to bring two people from seemingly polar ends of the spectrum together. Yup. I loved it. Have I mentioned that yet?
This was truly addicting and adorable, I couldn't put it down.

I loved reading this. Seeing their relationship grow and overcomming their preconcieved notions about each other.
Hate to love would be astrong way to put it. I don't think they ever truly hated eachother, I'd say it was more like friendemies. It really seems like they played off eachother and never realised the potential they had together.

Eveything about this was just so good and I'd definitely reconmend it.
This is the first book that I have read by this author. It was very interesting to read about the Jewish Faith. I think it’s the first one that I have read.
Going into this book I had no idea what to expect. I was surprised at how much I loved this. It was a bittersweet, loveable book. When I started to notice that it was an enemy to lovers book, I started to love it. There’s just something about enemies to lovers that I just can’t get enough of.
I finished this book with a smile on my face. I highly recommend this book.