Cover Image: Cowboy Come Home

Cowboy Come Home

A couple years after a fiery fling with his boss's daughter, Ford returns to the ranch to resume work. Claire hasn't forgiven him for leaving her behind, but when he rescues her from a dangerous situation, she finds she can't stay away from him. Ford is convinced the men in his family are cursed at love, so while he does like Claire, he knows it will never work between them. When Claire's father has a health scare, Ford and Claire have to work together to save the ranch (and maybe fall in love along the way).

I know my book review shouldn't hinge on how much I want to date the hero, but the hero in this one was such a weenie it was hard to overlook. He's convinced he's cursed in love so doesn't even try and continues to run from his relationship and hurt people left and right. Because of a curse.

I did love Claire though, she's strong and determined. Even if she's more into fashion and marketing than ranch work, she'll do whatever it takes to save her family's home and legacy. The sparks between the two were immense, and the book was actually quite funny. I love the author's dry sense of humor, especially in the comradery between the women of Big Verde.  I love the fellow townspeople and look forward to reading more in the series!
DNF at 44%

This book started off well. I was really interested in these characters in the previous book. But at the point of 44%, I am not invested in the couple's romance

CW: parent has cancer, flash flood

Now, this book seems like a how to guide for flash floods in Texas, how they impact a community, how the community responds, etc. For the first 40%, that is all that seemed to happen in the book. I am really not invested in the hero's conflict (the curse). Yes, I feel bad for him because of his awful dad. But it's still not enough for me to root for him..

Yes, the heroine Claire, is good. Badass. But I just don't see that insane chemmistry that is being told.

The first book was so so so so so much better for me. There was so much humor, cuteness, connection between characters.
In this book, uptil 40%, the hero and heroine have barely had two to three scenes together.
And I know I won't pick it up again..
Cowboy Come Home is the second book in the Once Upon a Time series in Big Verde.

CW: death of a sibling, sick parent

Second chance romances are one of my favorite tropes, if I'm invested in the couple reconciling. I felt like I never fully understood what happened in the past. I didn't feel like the motives were well-defined enough for me to root for Claire as a couple. I didn't feel the spark I like to see in second chance romances.

This was a cute read and I love Big Verde, I just didn't feel like this couple was one I wanted to invest in.
Some cowboys aren't cut out to be Prince Charming---and Claire Kowalski knows that better than anyone. She gave her heart to Ford Jarvis two years ago, yet that didn't keep him from disappearing into the sunset. Now that he's back in Big Verde, Texas, she's determined not to make the same mistake twice.
Ford didn't plan on returning home---ever---but when he hears that the Kowalski ranch is in trouble, he hightails it back to town. He's not eager to be reminded of the life he can never have, but his time in Big Verde is only temporary. He'll stay long enough to get the ranch up and running, then hit the road again.
This is the 2nd book of the series and another great read. Of course I seem to be hooked on Cowboy romances at the moment.
This is a second chance romance so if you don't care for those then this won't be something to read but I think 2nd chance romances are nice and sometimes people need to grow up before they realize what they lost.
Thank you to Forever for the Arc to review.
Well Cowboy Come Home by Carly Bloom was just as sweet/funny/tender as the first one in this series, and I can't wait to read the next one (out soon!!!). Western romances are a new genre for me, and I have to say that Carly Bloom has set the bar high. Strong women in a male-dominated business? Yes, please! This was just the lighthearted read I needed right now.
Great book. Strong storyline and I loved the characters. I am new to Carly Bloom's books but would definitely read more of her books.
I enjoyed the book.   The book had a lot of detail and the story kept moving.  Ford carried a lot of baggage and had a difficult time staying put at any job.  I was beginning to think that he was turning his life around and staying put then he left at such a difficult time for Claire and her family.  At the end he am through and started dealing with his problems.  I like the ending of the book.  It was a good book that made me want to keep reading.
This book picks up where the first book in the series left off. Carly Bloom drops hints throughout that first book of Claire Kowalski's hot relationship with Ford Jarvis, who works on Claire's family's famous Texas ranch. Ford gets spooked by the intensity of their relationship and leaves town. In this second book, he's back to help out on the ranch and hasn't lost his feelings for Claire. The book is the story of them working through complicated commitment issues. My favorite aspects of this series by Bloom are the detailed view of this fictional Texas community she offers and the depth of the characters and their relationships with one another. Bloom also offers some creative open-door hot scenes in both books, but in my read, these were more effective in the first book. I found that I didn't like this book as much as the first. Claire made some stupid choices that I thought were unnecessary and slightly out of character ($350 shoes? A Mini Cooper on a Texas ranch?)  Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.
Thanks to NetGalley and Forever for the arc of this title.

Cowboy Come Home by Carly Bloom is book 2 in the Once Upon a Time in Texas series.  This is a second chance romance involving a cowboy who thinks he is cursed and the ranch princess he left behind.

I loved Claire, the heroine of this one.  She's smart, strong willed, and just an overall enjoyable character.  Travis, the hero, honestly wasn't my favorite character.  He has a lot of traits I like in a hero but the curse thing, I don't know.  (I can't go into more detail due to spoilers.)

Overall though I liked this book.  I love the small town, love the characters, and Carly Bloom has a way with humor that I just adore.
After reading one of the earlier books in this series, I decided to read "Cowboy Come Home" by Carly Bloom.  It's the same cast of characters as her other books in this series - all the cowboys and their wives in Big Verde, Texas.
 Claire Kowalski lives on the largest ranch in the area, a 12,000 acre spread owned by her parents.  She deeply wants what her parents have - a marriage that is truly happy, but she can't seem to find her "Prince Charming".  Well, she thought she did a few years ago, but one night Ford Jarvis left never to be heard from again.  Now she doesn't know what to do since she is obviously failed at reading people.  She thought Ford loved her; he took her home to meet his family after all, but then he left without any explanation.  So obviously she can't read people.

Her dad asked for Ford to come back as the ranch foreman, but Ford can only commit to six weeks.  Surely he and Claire can stay away from each other for those six weeks, right?  It appears Ford hasn't been able to keep Claire out of his thoughts - she was the one that he truly loved, but he can't stay with her because he will only end up hurting her - all due to the Jarvis curse.

This book is cute and I enjoyed seeing all the characters from previous books - it looks like a great town.  BUT ... the ending was a little too nicely wrapped up for me - I like to see more groveling.  And seriously, it takes Ford's younger brother (by 10 years) for him to realize that the curse isn't a real thing?  Ford was not as much as a stud as I had thought.  But this is a cute book that can be read in one day and I will definitely read more in this series.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.  The opinions stated above are mine without biases.
Thank you to Netgalley and Forever Publishing for the gifted copy in exchange for an honest review!

CW: cancer, death of a family member, flash flood

Cowboy Come Home is the second book in the Once Upon a Time in Texas series by Carly Bloom. I ADORED the first book and this one was such a sweet, emotional follow up; I really enjoyed it!

I loved being back in Big Verde and how much of the story is centered on Claire’s friends. They’re like a big, happy family and they crack me up (especially Bubba!)

Claire and Ford’s second chance romance was steamy, touching and heartbreaking all at once. I adored both of them. Claire is strong, resilient and goes after what she wants. Ford is stoic and stubborn and I loved watching him realize his heart belong to Claire.
After reading and loving Big Bad Cowboy (the first in this series), I was extremely excited to continue to the second book. However, while the second book was good, it didn't stand out in the same way the first book did. The first book (and, from what I've heard, the third book) are a little bit more romcom with a hint of cowboy, and this one was definitely full-on cowboy romance. The male lead is a somewhat stereotypical cowboy, full of superstition, can't commit, moving on from one ranch to the next every few weeks. Every book as The Big Hurdle(TM) keeping the main characters apart, and in this one, it was that the male lead was "cursed" to never be able to settle down with a woman. Yeah. Right. I just couldn't buy into that and it seemed so dumb, I had a hard time grasping the plot.

However, I did still enjoy the book. I loved Claire, the female lead, who appreciated glamor but wasn't afraid to get down and dirty and take on being ranch foreman when she needed to. The characters were truly what made this story. I just can't say this book stood out to me like the first one (which I highly recommend). Still super excited to read the third book!

Thank you to Forever and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review!

4 stars - 7/10
Thank you to NetGalley and Forever for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Second chance romances are hard, there has to be the right foundation for the romance to be invested and to understand why it didn't work.  This book had a lot of threads that just weren't pieced together.  I'm still not sure what happened in their past, the curse was fuzzy to me though it was somewhat ironed out in the end, and I just did not feel the connection between the couple.  There was a lot of telling they were spending time together but not showing.  It was disappointing especially with the set up there was a lot of potential for close proximity and to see the couple together.

A cute read I will keep reading in the series, but this one had trouble holding my attention.

Rating: 3
Steam: 3

CW: grief, death of a sibling, sick parent
Thanks to Forever for sharing the second book in the Once Upon a Time in Texas series as a way to promote some buzz for the third book.

I've fallen in love with this series, these hunky cowboys, the wonderful women and this adorable town. Can I move here please?

I'm a fan of second chance romance and glad to see Ford back in town. I liked the ranch/cowboy life that was depicted and how Claire was trying to figure out how to keep the ranch going despite all the obstacles but still get to live out her dreams.
Well this was a rootin' tootin' delight. I adored the first book in this series so I knew I had to give this one a shot.

I adored having more of  Claire's story. Watching her and Ford's second chance romance unfold was so good. There were some heavy themes but overall this was a cozy romance novel.

I would highly recommend getting under a soft duvet and just binging this one.

Thank you @foreverpub and @netgalley for the advanced readers copy in exchange for my honest opinion.
Cowboy Come Home by C. Bloom, published by Forever Grand Central Publishing, is book two in her Once Upon a Time in Texas Series.
Claire Kowalski is a single woman who works in landscaping, an avid rock climber with not much luck in relationships.
Now He is back in town, Ford Jarvis and she's still pining for him.
Ford is the new foreman at C.'s family ranch and they run into each other rather regularly.
While she is pretty high maintenance, he's a down  to earth guy, doesn't need much.
CCH is a slow burn, well written and beautifully thought out and beautifully told. I connected easily with the characters, 4,5 beautiful stars.
This is the second book I have read in this series. Just like the first book, I enjoyed reading this book as well. Therefore, I look forward to reading the third book.

Claire and Ford share some hot, steamy chemistry. Although, I like that even though they had instant chemistry; they did not make any moves on it until further into the story. This was it felt more real. While, Claire and Ford may have been the main lead characters in this book, don't count out the other ones. They played just as big a parts as well. Thus the reason I enjoyed this book. No second strings here. Just plain fun and romance. Oh and plenty of cowboys.
Cowboy Come Home 🐎

HAPPY PUB DAY to a book that I loved I loved I loved!
Shout out to my girl @thatsoestelle for introducing me to cowboy romances because YA GIRL IS OBSESSED.

Need a book that keeps your interested and is a good pallet cleanser between heavier books?? Than these books by @carlybloombooks are just what you need!

They have drama, hunky men, strong female characters, and alllll the steam! 🔥😍

This book follows Claire as she is trying to to find herself while also trying to save her family farm AND save herself for falling for the big hunky Ford again.
And with Ford back in town and connecting with Claire again, he has to decide if he’s the type of guy that can grow roots in one place or if he’ll always want to run wild and free like all the other men in his family before.
I cannot freaking wait to read more from Carly!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Carly Bloom’s Big Bad Cowboy was one of my top 2018 reads, so my expectations for Cowboy Come Home were sky-high. The result? Big Bad Cowboy remains perfection from start to finish; Cowboy Come Home is better in parts than sum.

It held tropish-goodness-potential because reunited lovers, second-chance-at-love romance! Heroine Claire Kowalski loves stilettos, marketing, and her parents’ ranch, Rancho Canada Verde. Two years ago, she also loved ranch manager, Ford Jarvis, who loved and left her. Ford’s back, at her father’s behest, and the town of Big Verde has yet to witness a confrontation such as Claire and Ford’s. Claire is rightly in a rage and Ford is humbly contrite. Bloom’s ethos, however, is comic and her writing penchant is for nice people. Claire fumes and glares, but she’s a good-hearted soul who is still in love with Ford. Ford still loves Claire, but possesses internal obstacles to being with her, then and now. Add oodles of funny friends, neighbours, siblings, and parents who recognize how Claire and Ford “really” feel about each other and their reunion and eventual commitment is head-on, like a bull following the cape.

Bloom’s series continues to have great strengths: her ability to convey the Texas Hill Country setting; humour; and, a twisting of conventional “cowboy” tropes, feminist, vulnerable touches that surprise and delight. Cowboy Come Home possesses these as much as Big Bad Cowboy did. Where it weakens is pacing and that leaks into characterization like a noxious fluid in a clean culvert.

Claire’s rodeo-queen beauty and daddy’s princess upbringing should make her an unlikeable heroine. Au contraire, her humour, work ethic, and kindness work against stereotype. She easily forgives Ford his abandonment, but only after a hilarious scene in a flash flood and another involving an ornery cat and Ford in his birthday suit: mild embarrassment are enough to melt her heart and a generous heart it is too. Ford as personality is equally likeable: generous, caring, wounded. The memory of his sister’s loss make him vulnerable in ways one wouldn’t expect. His emotional reasons for running away from Claire make sense; the reason he tells himself, however, is puerile and silly and takes away from making the romance convincing. Hilarious scenes and great banter make up for the sluggishness of the road to the HEA. It takes forever for Claire and Ford to get together. The narrative stumbles along as if Bloom drove it like a start-stall car. I can’t say I loved Cowboy Come Home as much as I did Big Bad Cowboy, but I still adore Bloom’s humour and ethos and anticipate the next volume.With Miss Austen, we’d say Cowboy Come Home is “almost pretty,” Northanger Abbey.

Carly Bloom’s Cowboy Come Home is published by Forever. It was released in March and may be found at your preferred vendor. I received a copy from Forever.
The first book in this series, Big Bad Cowboy is one of my favorite reads this year so I was super excited to read this!!

Although I didn’t love Claire and Ford’s story as much as I did Travis & Maggie’s, it was still such a great read. A sexy, slow burn, second chance romance full of heat and humor, this book is definitely worth the read!!

This is a must read series that I highly recommend. Not limited to those who enjoy western/cowboy romance. I think even people who shy away from this genre would really enjoy it!