The Farm Stand

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 19 Jun 2020

Amy Clipston is one of my all-time favorite authors.   When I see her name on a book, I always know it will be a great one!  Every book of hers I have ever read has been great!!  In this book, The Farm Stand, (which I love the name of) two people, Salina & Will, are both in relationships with other people but are both questioning where these relationships are going.  Will has a girlfriend, Caroline, & Salina has a boyfriend, Josiah.

Salina grow her own produce and she sells her produce at the Farm Stand which is where she meets Will.  The Farm Stand is where Salina and her cousins sell what they make and grow.   Will is a chef & owner of the local restaurant & buys Salina's produce to use at his restaurant.   Through their weekly meeting of buying the produce, their friendship grows and evolves.

I highly recommend this book.  I received a complimentary copy of this book from Zondervan through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
I loved this story.

I would recommend this book.
Thanks to the publisher and Net Galley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review
Another installment in Amy Clipston’s Amish Market series, focuses on Salina Petersheim, the Amish owner of the produce stand and Will Zimmerman, a Mennonite owner of the restaurant across the street from the Amish Market.

Salina has been dating Josiah for over a year, but no marriage proposal has been done yet.
Will has been with his girlfriend, Carolyn, for over 3 years.  She is very anxious for him to propose and continually tells him she will always wait for him.

Will wants to expand the fresh produce in his restaurant, and after using some of her produce and seeing how much his customers like it, asks Salina to provide the produce with weekly deliveries.  The more time they spend with each other, the more attracted they are to one another.  Each feel that their loyalty should be to their respective “loves”, as well as their families originally matched each of them up and who are constantly encouraging them to get married.

Each still doesn’t feel ready to get married and has doubts.  As their friendship grows closer, they realize they need to take control of their own lives, however aren’t sure how that will happen.

As they each pray to God to lead them in the direction of their lives, they see how love, disappointment, forgiveness will play a part in their relationships to their family, friends, and each other.

When I saw a new book by Amy Clipston I knew I had to read it.  I love her writing style and she is one of my top 3 Amish writer’s.

I love being swept up in the Amish country and I always feel like in her books.  I love the characters and places that are mentioned.  She always makes the reader feel like they in the book.  I will definitely be adding this book to my collection of her books.  I highly recommend this book!

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley and Zondervan Fiction for my honest review.
The Farm Stand was so emotionally written that I felt what the characters were going through. The story is so well written, that the reader knows what the characters are feeling and where their thoughts are directing them. I value that some Amish words have been explained and the family characters at the beginning of the book and discussion questions at the end. Salina and Josiah, Will and Christiana both couples are in a rut. They are in a relationship that is going nowhere at all, not really admitting to themselves that the relationship is not developing towards marriage. Salina and Will meet at her farm stand which is the beginning of their friendship. As time goes by they notice little things that are bringing them closer together. Both couples need to work out on the meaning behind their feelings and where they are being directed by God.
Review run date 25 February for Netgalley and Facebook. On 05 May 2020 my review will be posted on Amazon.com.au, Christianbook.com, goodreads, Barnes and Noble, kobo, googlebooks and iBooks.  My Facebook blog page link, is https://www.facebook.com/BlueFalkon95-Readers-blog-104660277776984
#TheFarmStand #NetGalley
"The Farm Stand" by Amy Clipston is yet another fantastic book to add to Amish fiction. The main character, Salina, is known to be the produce queen of her community. She has been dating Josiah for a while, however, she doesn't feel "the spark". Salina is approached by a Mennonite chef, Will, who wants to use her produce in his kitchen. A friendship and business alliance grows, and so do feelings.
Amy Clipston has put out her second Amish Marketplace book and it shines like her other Amish books.  In this Marketplace book, Salina is stocking her stall in the market with the produce from her garden.  Will has the restaurant across the road and has started buying his produce from Salina's stall and then started calling her on Tuesdays to place an order for delivery on Wednesdays.

In the meantime,  Salina's parents are pushing her to marry Josiah, a friend she's known since her school days.  She has wanted to chart her own course since she was small, and grew up in the shadow of her older brother.

There are sparks flying between Salina and Will and Salina is confused at the lack of sparks between Josiah and her.

This is a book about the need for communication and honesty in relationships.  It's a rather angst-y book but that makes it all the more compelling.  I was tempted to read the end before I finished it, but I held off and read it through.

Five stars, two thumbs up, and a freshly grown salad.

Zondervan Fiction through NetGalley.com provided the galley I read for this review.  All opinions expressed are my own.
This is the second book in the Amish Marketplace series. Salina Petersheim runs a booth at the Amish market. She is known for her fresh produce she grows. Her boyfriend is Josiah whom she is dating a year. She has been friends with him since childhood. Her parents are friends of his family. Salina's father is the bishop and her brother the deacon. She feels both of them are pressuring her to marry Josiah and she feels her father favors her brother Neil. She does not not have the love for Josiah as she should and feels that he does not love her either. She feels they both are being pushed together by their parents wishes. She is Old Amish. She meets Will Zimmerman who is a Mennonite chef who runs a restaurant . Will meets Salina and starts to order his produce from her. He has a girlfriend who wants to marry but Will does not feel he is in love with her. When Salina and Will meet sparks start to fly and they do not know how to handle their feelings. This is a beautiful story about love and how different religions can pull you apart. Love the characters and enjoyed seeing  what happens to the characters in the first book.
The second book in the Amish Marketplace Series and just as good as the first. The author even provides a family tree in the beginning so the reader can reference how everyone relates to one another.

In the Bake Shop, readers are introduced to Christiana and her budding relationship with Jeff. In The Farm Stand we meet Christana's cousin Salina.

Salina is the Bishop's daughter, the Deacon's sister, dating a man her family approves of, and runs her own business. The Farm Stand is where Salina sells her very own produce. Anyone that visits the Amish Marketplace can find freshly grown cucumbers, butterhead lettuce, tomatoes, blackberries, and more from Salina. What more can an Amish maedel want? When she meets restaurant owner Will Zimmerman she realizes she's missing choices.

Will Zimmerman is the Mennonite co-owner and chef of Zimmerman's restaurant. Located across from the Amish Marketplace. When Will decides to include locally grown produce The Farm Stand is the first place he looks. With Salina's help, Will's restaurant becomes even more successful. So much so that his girlfriend Caroline believes he will have enough business to provide for a wife.

As Salina and Will get to know one another they realize they have a lot in common. Number one being the need to fulfill their families somewhat suffocating expectations. As they continue to get to know each other they develop feelings that are not present in their current relationships. With prayer Salina and Will try to find the path and person God has for them.
4 – 4.5 stars

The Farm Stand by Amy Clipston.  Bookkn2 in this series but can easily be read as a stand-alone! An Old Order Amish and an Old Order Mennonite meet and fall for each other even though they both dating others. I really enjoyed this sweet book and how thoughtful the plot was and the care given in the writing. The writing is superb with characters who are very easy to care about. I was instantly drawn in from the very first page! Clipston truly knows how to write a book that spans generations and religious affiliation.
I highly recommend this book!
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley. The views given are my own.
There is nothing better than a new Amy Clipston book.  The Farm Stand is the second book in this series.  It can be read as a stand alone.  I love Farmers Markets and Flee Markets and Amish roadside stands. This book is a winner, the characters are well developed and the story is an easy read.  The book held my complete attention from beginning to end and I am anxiously waiting for book 3 in the series.   I highly recommend this book and series.
The Farm Stand is the second book in Amy Clipston's "Amish Marketplace" Series.  This book is equally as fantastic as book one, but could also easily be read as a standalone book (but why?!--the series is great!).  The Farm Stand features the bishop's daughter, Salina, who tends a large garden and sells her produce at the Amish market.  This book continues the story of Salina's cousins who also work at the market, but focuses on Salina's story.  Salina has been dating best friend Josiah for almost a year and everyone expects them to announce their engagement any day now.  As Salina and Josiah work through issues in their relationship, they also have to learn how to face outside opinions and interference.  Great storyline that will keep you guessing throughout the book!
Very sweet Plain story which *lightly* touches on the rigidity of gender roles and beliefs in the Plain communities. It also highlights the pressure to marry and have children as the only path for women. This story was better than most as the lead characters were allowed to have personalities and likes.*

Well written, certainly points out the less than romantic side of Plain life.
Another great feel good story from Amy, I love that way she is able to intertwine and story tell. I have never read a bad story from her. Anyone looking for a great pick me up book I would highly recommend this author. Can not wait for her new releases.
I have to say, this book didn't turn out the way that I thought it would...showing us that even the Amish have moral conundrums.  Teenagers will be teens...ruled by their emotions more often than societal mandates...whether they are Englisch or Amish.  There are four main characters here, and each shares a responsibility for the way that the ending comes about.  While it was a surprising twist, it was not wholly unexpected in the concept of a romance novel, and it brought up some great character questions that will leave you thinking.
A good Amish romance of Salina, a young woman who runs a vegetable stand in the market, and Will, a Mennonite who runs a restaurant. When he decides to buy produce from her, a friendship and sparks begin to fly. Both are in relationships with others, and both have similar feelings of being trapped in a relationship without love. Overall, I enjoyed this one, and highly recommend.
I finished The Farm Stand with tears in my eyes. It made me think about relationships, especially about the expectations that families put on their children.  It made me think about my children and my grandchildren from a different perspective. I think The Farm Stand would be an interesting book to read with middle school or high school students.  I expect it would spark lively classroom discussions about the similarities and differences in our culture and the Amish culture. Well done, Ms. Clipston!
When it is snowy and cold outside (and my car is buried under 2ft of ❄️ ), superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

Experience some sweet, garden-fresh romance in the next instalment of Amy Clipston's Amish Marketplace series.

Salina Petersheim runs her own booth at the Amish market, where she’s known for having the freshest and most delicious produce in the area. Her father is the bishop of her church district, and her brother is a deacon. They are a very close family, yet sometimes she tires of being compared to her older brother, Neil, who is married and has two children. She also feels the pressure of having to be the perfect daughter for her parents.

Salina has been dating Josiah for almost a year now, but he feels more like a friend than a boyfriend. Her parents approve of Josiah, who is a hardworking roofer. He’s handsome and easy to talk to, but he just doesn’t warm her heart the way she feels a boyfriend and future husband should. She secretly longs for more.

Along comes William “Will” Zimmerman, a Mennonite chef who runs a restaurant located next door to the Amish market. He wants Salina to supply the produce for his restaurant, and as they forge a business relationship, they both feel themselves falling in love. Salina especially tries to deny her feelings for Will since her father wants her to marry within the community.

Both Salina and Will feel stuck in their current relationships, but they cannot deny what they feel for each other. Will they follow their hearts or bow to the pressure of family? Or will God provide a surprising new road for them?

Ahhhhhh - in a relationship with and potentially engaged to the wrong man - run, Salina, run!!! (Sorry, personal feelings intercepted my review temporarily!) I love Amy Clipston's books as they are always well written and full of enjoyable characters and a good, Godly message: this one followed the "formula" and excelled as I enjoyed every single word of it. If you have not read the other books in this series or any of her other books, go back and read them on the porch this summer with a glass of iced tea - it is a sweet way to enjoy's God's beautiful day.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑