Cover Image: Love and Marriage at Harpers

Love and Marriage at Harpers

Having just read the first Harper Girls book it was great to jump straight into this book.
Great book with very likeable characters.
What a delightful  read.  Rachel, Sally , Maggie and Beth  all sharing an apartment.  Its 1913 and all work at Harper's department  store in Oxford  street  London.  The suffrage movement is in the headlines for women's  rights Rachel  and  Sally  often attend  the  meetings. Owners of Harper's  Ben and Jenni brother and sister are in New York  leaving Mr Stockbridge in charge. I really  enjoyed reading the girl's  stories. The magic of romance shines through as the girls find happiness  with loved one. Very worthy stars for this book.
When it is snowy and cold outside (and my car is buried under 2ft of ❄️ ), superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

From the bestselling author of The Shop Girls of Harpers and The Mulberry Lane Series.
London, 1913.

The shop girls of Harpers Emporium on Oxford Street are happy in their work and their lives are moving on at quite a pace. United by the suffragette cause and now living under one roof, some will find love and marriage whilst others experience heartache and tears. Harpers is the bond that holds them together, bringing strength through hardship and pain and friendship and love.

What a lovely book - I didn't read the first book in the series but now I am going to go back and read it as well. The characters were heartwarming and real - you could imagine that everything that happened to them to be true. Add in a great plot and it's such a good read.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 👠👠👠👠👠
This book was'nt as enjoyable to read as the first there were mistakes that confused me plus the title is love and marriage why not more of the weddings.Also other parts i read about in the first part were never mentioned again.I have always loved Rosie Clarkes books but sadly this one dissappointed me.
Once again I enjoyed the second book in the Harper's series and it was a privilege to read it before publication.

It wasn't as easy to get into as the first book and I found the second half more enjoyable than the first.  There were a couple of errors in the book; Sally shared a room with Beth but in Chapter 15 it suggested that she was sharing with Rachel. These made it a bit harder to read as I kept checking back on things.

It seemed to jump about in the first half of the publication with the Paris trip date passing by but then jumping back to it.  The suffragette storyline was strong in the first half of the book then seemed to disappear in the second half.

Having the title of marriage I think it would have been nice to have made more of both the weddings as neither seemed to get a lot of page space.

The characters all continued to grow and I feel I know the 4 girls really well now.  I look forward to reading the next in the series and hope Maggie gets a strong storyline and finds happiness.
I really enjoyed this book so much.  It has a really great plot, superb main characters and I read it in one sitting.  I would highly recommend this book.
Once again we meet the Harper girls and get drawn into their lives. There is much change to all their circumstances and happy and sad events. We travel with them through personal and national upheavals and see how these weave their way into the lives of the girls and those around them. Some of the fringe characters, such as Mr Marco and Aunt Beth, have bigger parts of their stories revealed. Loved reading this and hope book 3 will not be too long in arriving. Thank you.
Loved this book.
The story was a bit slow but that was what kept me hooked, couldn't put it done nearly cried when my ebook died and needed charging cant wait for it to be out in book form.
Kinda felt sorry for aunt Beth wanted to help her so much.
Keep up the good work
Rosie Clarke keeps on nailing the books. I absolutely loved the second book of the Harper Girls. I hope there are many more in the pipeline. A must must read for all!!! If I could give more than 5 stars i would. The book held sadness as well as not and weddings galore. I wait patiently for the next book. Thank you netgalley for the ARC.
I read the first title in this series and really enjoyed it. The second one didn’t disappoint. It’s like meeting some new friends and I will miss them. The author seems to have done a thorough historical research.
Looking forward to book3 even though it will be awhile.
A wonderful series was so excited to read part two.I love the characters their lives stories swept me in to their hometown lives story .If you love English sagas this series is for you,#netgalley#boldwoodbooks.
Many thanks to Boldwood books and netgalley  for my advanced  copy of the 2nd book in the Harper's  series.
Gosh where to start having devoured  the 1st book I couldn't  wait to read the 2nd one it was utterly BRILLIANT  from beginning to end  it took us up to date  with the 4 Harper girls and how life has been changing  for them.  The return  of Mr Ben Harper himself,  filled to the brim with happy sad intriguing  incidents  I really can't  praise this OUTSTANDINGLY SUPERLICIOUS  Book.