Cover Image: Modern Witchcraft

Modern Witchcraft

I must spend hours a month bouncing about website to website trying to find information on Witchcraft. Not witchcraft in the sense of the lore of a crone and cauldron so to speak but true genuine camaraderie in which I can understand my need to ground myself within nature and the Goddesses. This book gave me that. It was one of the better ones that I have ever read which after two decades I really needed it. Some of this I have read before but this truly was helpful. I especially appreciated that additional help it offered for further education and insight.

I would highly recommend this book to beginners and those more practiced because it offers a new perspective to understanding everything from rituals, mediations, and attuning oneself.
Being raised strict Catholic, as I grew older I knew that it was not for me.  I know a few people who practice Wicca and have seriously been considering moving in that direction myself.  I found this a wonderful and informative read, one that can help guide me in my journey and help me with the path I have chosen.  I will definitely turn back to this as I continue down that path, going deeper into the practice as a solitary witch, who turns to the divine goddess for my spiritual needs.
I will say, as someone who isn't a witch, I did find this to be an interesting and informative read. Blake doesn't hammer readers over the head about witchcraft, and she doesn't seem to bash other religions, which is something I'm very appreciative of. Overall, it was an interesting read.
I got this book to use for research into a novel I am writing, as I wanted a perspective on modern witchcraft in practice and in theory. This book was helpful and does not disappoint. I recommended it to a friend, who signed up for NetGalley just to get a sneak peek at this book!
Enjoyed this book.  It might not be the most original take, but it was still an enjoyable read. Looking forward to reading more by this author in the future.
Very informative book for a beginner like myself! I will definitely be practicing some of the teachings learned in the book to help with the wellness of my overall self being, From history to spells Deborah does not disappoint, she is on my radar now :)
Perfect , if your interest in Witchcraft..... I found this very informative Including all kinds of spells and techniques ....was exactly what I was looking for
For someone who's neither North American nor a witch, I was able to understand right away the basics of witchcraft because of this book. I've always been intrigued by witchcraft as a subject so I was expecting to read more about its inner workings that you can't read on a website. And at first, it seemed like I would be disappointed but then midway, it started to get more and more interesting. I particularly enjoyed learning about the many goddesses, some of them I'm already familiar with but most of them I've never even heard of. There're also the different tools that witches use, the symbolisms of various gemstones and herbs, etc. I also like the emphasis on witchcraft as a way of life, empowering women (though men are also welcome) and using their knowledge to promote spiritual well-being. It also serves like a kind of guide to those who are interested in or are already practicing witchery. This book is actually a lot practical, you'll be surprised that it's not all mystical or cryptic teachings like most people would expect. And there are some tips that I actually found useful and helpful, even ordinary humans can use them. My only issue is that the book sometimes uses complicated terms and phrases without offering any meaning, which could get confusing for someone who's not that knowledgeable. Though there's an index provided near the end of the book, I felt it was still lacking. But all in all, it was a very interesting read to have. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher, for providing me a free copy and thus allowing me to review this book.
I usually avoid books with the title word Witchcraft, but the book description appealed to me and it did not disappoint. The book is well written, well organized and fascinating.
I learned empowerment techniques and reviewed others that I use with no conscious knowledge of how I learned them. It is an empowerment and balance resource.
The harmony with nature, the phases of the moon, to my surprise I must be a Witch! I particularly enjoyed learning about so many different feminine deities and what they represent. These are things I would have called tapping into my inner Goddess.
Some books find you at just the right time and MODERN WITCHCRAFT did that for me! Whether the reader is simply curious, seeking or a seriously confirmed Witch, this book is for all of us.
This book was an excellent book for anyone interested in Goddess worship and empowerment. Blake does a wonderful job at teaching beginners how to embrace, interact, and connect with the Goddesses. This book discusses how to meet and greet the Goddesses, tune into nature, how to apply Goddess worship to daily life, types of witches (i.e. solitary, group, family), adapting to the current political and cultural climate,  using meditations, affirmations and spells,  and some appendices of useful supplies and books for further education.

While I have been studying witchcraft for a few years now I still consider myself a beginner because I am a solitary and I am not great at making time for my craft. I am constantly learning new things that change my perspectives and my path as well. This book was easy to read and apply to daily life, which I have found isn’t always the case for witchcraft books. I also love how Blake frequently reminds you to do what works for you and your situation. It is so easy to get caught up in all the stuff you don’t have and feel like you can’t do a ritual because of it, especially if you have allergies or restrictions for certain items, like I do. I cannot have candles or incense because my husband has a fragrance allergy so I have to find new ways to work around them (i.e. fake tea candles). So being reminded that all you really need to commune with the Gods is your mind, heart, and intent was very impactful for me.

Overall, this was a wonderful book for beginners or just for anyone looking for more information on connecting with the Goddesses. I will be buying a copy of this when it comes out.

*ARC provided by Netgalley for an honest review.*
An excellent primer for any woman interested in learning more about their connection to the Divine Feminine, goddess power, and paganism.
While traditional church attendance is in a decline, the return to our roots rises. This book can help you figure out where to start and how to tap in to your own power.
I loved this book and I absolutely loved the vibe that the author gave the reader. I read this book twice and let my friend read it as well.
This book was well written ad had a lot of good views and aspects to it, especially for today's society.
I do not feel this book was over done or under stated, as a matter of fact, I felt it was right on, especially in today's world.
five stars for sure! I read another of Deborah Blake’s books a few months back and knew I had to read this one, and it did not disappoint! As a person in the early stages of my spiritual journey, this book is invaluable and one I will read over and over again.
I should preface this review by stating I own everything Deborah Blake has ever put out so you might say I’m a super fan. So I knew going in that I would obviously love this joyously female empowerment book that is so timely and needed in today’s society. Sure enough here I am stating how lovely and amazing this book was and what a lovely and amazing author wrote it. As someone who has struggled with female empowerment and what it means this book helped my understanding, made me feel stronger in myself as a woman. Can’t wait for more! Thanks so much
Some good topics to look at - not really my vibe. Some myths in introduction, terms, solitary, group and family pros and cons, lunar cycle, and other stuff.
I really enjoyed this! There is a lot of great information in this book, including tools, herbs, candles, and a lot more. Witchcraft with a modern spin, for beginners and old hats alike.
This was an amazing journey into the feminine divine. I loved what this gave the reader and I would totally recommend this story for those who are wanting a better connection to the natural world.  This book takes a no nonsense approach to the world of witchcraft.
Lots of great new spells and techniques.  I really enjoy the modern take on witchcraft, being a bit new to the craft still.  Am planning to get a physical copy as well
Great information in this book. Really helps you get a feel for the Pagans. Beginners or veterans alike should really check this book out, it has tons of info in it, some you may know, some you might not. It even talks about the tools, candles, what each color represents, herbs and so much more.

I am very happy I was gifted this book and able to read and review this. These are my own thoughts that I thought I would let people know since I enjoyed the book.
Modern Witchcraft by author Deborah Blake is a cool book about modern day witchcraft! Takes you beyond the typical witchcraft and through an awesome journey!

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.