Cover Image: The Morning Flower

The Morning Flower

I love that Amanda has returned to Trylle.

What I like best about this novel is that it is set in our current day, and Amanda writes like she's a mix of Holly Black and Dhonielle Clayton with humorous and sweeping honey filled descriptions.
The Morning Flower is super slow and definitely has signs of second book syndrome. Not much happens - even when being compared to The Lost City, where not much happens either - but the events seem to all have a purpose. I guess I'll have to read the last book to see if that's true.

I still love these characters and the Omte world, even though I haven't read the original series. The Omte Origins works pretty well as a standalone series, so I'd say you don't even have to read the Trylle series.

This book is slow, but I still liked it.
A great return to a fascinating world! I really enjoyed reading this book and Amanda's writing. It made me want to read more about the world and her characters.
I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Great plot, Great writing.

Thank you kindly to the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for this review copy.
THE MORNING FLOWER is the second book I have read in this series and I was hoping more something more. I must say though, the author's ability to create a world and all its facets is superb. However, this one didn't grip me or make me want to read the final installment which I am sad to say.
This was on par with the first book in the series, and still a fun time! It kept me engaged throughout and I enjoyed myself, though it just doesn't stick out enough for me to think of it when I'm recommending something. It's good and fun, but not where my mind goes when people ask me for recs.
Book one left me hanging and wanting more and book two did not disappoint at all! I can’t wait to continue this series!
I loved the first one and this second installment did not leave me disappointed at all... even with a cliffhanger! I can’t wait for the third book.
This book finished with a major cliffhanger.

This is the second book in the omte origins series and follows on from The Lost City. Ulla is searching for information about  Khmer heritage as she was abandoned as a baby and has never met her parents. She is also searching for her friend Eliana who has been kidnapped by her twin sister and taken to the lost city.  Ella and her friends go on a mission to bring her back.

I found this storyline a little slow but the ending came about too soon and left me waiting for the next book so I can see what happens next!

#netgalley #amandahocking #TheMorningFlower #OmteOrigins
This picked up where the first book left off. Pan and Ulla are traveling to the Omte Capital to learn more about her parents and to find their fun loving friend Eliana who has been kidnapped. This book has more to the story line than the first one did. Pan and Ulla keep having their back and forth relationship. Just when you think they are going to move forward with each other, one of them decides that it isn't the right time and that they should wait. Pan's devotion to following Ulla becomes more distinct in this book.

You get to travel with the story to a place that is hidden from the world of humans and that even if they saw it, they would instantly forget what they saw. Ulla finds out more about where she came from and that she has siblings, that she was kidnapped as a baby and that her mother has now passed. The story leaves off on a cliffhanger.
I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. I was excited to get a copy of this book so I could find out what happened to Ulla and continue her journey. The story picks up where the last one. Ulla and Pan are traveling to the capital city. They are looking for more information on Ulla's parents. This is a lot of mystery and secret to be discovered in this book. I want to talk about all the things I love about this, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone else. The story is so well done that I feel like I am on the journey with them and they pull at my heart with each step. I am more then ready for the last book in this trilogy.
So this is the second book in this series, and while I had planned to read it this summer right after I read the first one, The Lost City, as I keep mentioning, my reading/reviewing schedules just don’t follow my plans. This second book ended on a major cliffhanger! Fortunately I do have the third book to review already, but again, I haven’t been able to get to it as soon as I would have liked. But since it doesn’t come out till January, I do have it scheduled in next month to read in time for it’s publishing date. I plan to give it its own post too since I’ve got it scheduled in like I did with the first one. I love that this one went down to Louisiana for a lot of the story. It was neat to once again see the trolls in different areas of the world. There was a big twist, but I wondered if it was true as I read, because I just didn’t know if I could trust the different people in the story. All I know is that I’m excited to get to this one next month to find out who was telling the truth and fix that cliffhanger!
This book picks up right where The Lost City left off. Ulla and Pan are staying with a friend when they learn of a man that is from the First City. He also could or could not be Ulla's father. The Institute decides to send Ulla, along with Pan, Dagney, and Elof, to Sweden to learn more about the First City.

There was a lot of new and exciting information in this book. I can't wait to dive into the new book in this trilogy.

Ulla learns about her family in this book. Maybe even a bit more than she wanted to.

Ulla and Pan's romance blossoms a little more as well.

Thank you, NetGalley and Wednesday Books for this arc in exchange for an honest review.
Thank you so much to net galley for sending me a copy of this book. I was so excited to continue on with this series. Oh my gooodness did it leave on a cliff hanger. I love Amanda hocking and cannot wait to read ever after!
Amanda Hocking knows how to finish her books... WITH MAJOR CLIFFHANGINGS!!!!

I really liked this second book in the Omte Origins series. Loved to find my favorite characters once again, loved to see the new adventures of Ulla, trying to find her family...

All laced in folklore, the world building of this series is amazing. There is a lot of work in there, and it shows.

Can't wait to know what will happen in book 3!

Many thanks to Wednesday Books for the complimentary e-copy of this book through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Sooo thought I already left my review! Sorry it’s late!

Amanda Hocking is one of my favorite authors. The way she strings the story together and keeps you reading until the very last page. This book was no different! I couldn’t put it down! Great story! Very well written!!
I am so happy that Amanda wrote this book!! 15 year old me is screaming that there is an Omete trilogy. I really enjoyed this book, I can't wait for the end of this new trilogy, the new characters are so good!
Eeeeeeek! There are too many words to described my love for this world and how each one is better than the last. Anyway, Ulla's journey continues and we finally get answers to many questions from the first book.

Ulla and Pan take time to go search for answers to both Ulla's life and what might have happened to her friend. The start of the trip was a little awkward after finding out Pan's friend they will be staying with is a girl, well his ex really. Throughout the trip, Ulla doesn't gain too much information. She does get to meet with the Queen, get info on a man who maybe knows about the hidden bridge and so on. So after a few days they head back home.

Now back home, they go back to work and continue to look for answers. Then just as quickly as they got back, they get sent back out along with a few other folks as ambassadors. What Ulla gets this time is an overload of information. Her mothers name, meets her dad, her missing friend is more than just a friend and things don't slow down from there.

I can't wait to dive into the next book, even if it may mean the end of a world I've come love.
I loved this book! I’ve been a fan of Amanda Hocking since the Switched series so when I heard she had a another one I was so excited!! I enjoyed each character and the plot was amazing!
I really enjoyed this novel. I find the links between characters in this trilogy and the others already written very appealing. I like that the stories are interwoven and provide background (and a glimpse of the future) for characters we already know and love.

Ulla's adventure is becoming incredibly complicated. It is interesting to follow, but the questions left to be answered almost seem to much for the third book. I'm hopeful that they will be adequately addressed because I do enjoy her story. When this comes to a resolution, I'm not sure how dark things are going to get. It almost seems as if war is on the horizon. Perhaps instead of hoping for answers to all my questions in one novel, I can hope for another trilogy! I can't wait to read the final book.

Thank you to NetGalley and St Martin's Press for providing a copy of this eARC for review.