Cover Image: Finding Venerable Mother

Finding Venerable Mother

I never knew about Venerable Mother nor really understood Thai spirituality. That said I found this book to be a profound journey to wholeness. The author compares her healing to that of a seed growing and flourishing.I agree and see the whole journey to spiritual wholeness mirrored in this book.  This story is an excellent uplifting journey .
I liked this book and was privileged to get accepted to read it. Love Thailand so enjoyed to hear more of the culture side
I received a copy of this story from NetGalley for a honest review

Finding Venerable Mother by Cindy Rasacot was one woman's journey into understanding herself a bit more and finding more meaning in her life. In this story we travel with Cindy to Thailand where she has moved with her husband and son for her's husband's work. After a few weeks of living in Thailand, Cindy starts to feel  like adrift like many of us do, especially when our daily routines have changed. When she meets the Venerable Dhammananda Bhikkhuni, a Buddhist nun, she begins the  journey of  healing in her life. She also realizes a lot of her old belief systems and emotions are tied to her past relationships and that sometimes someone like the Venerable Mother can help us see more clearly. This was an easy and enjoyable read.